Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Three Newcastle hotels closed due to drugs

IWoody

Bluelighter
This was big news in newcastle this weekend as one of newcastles main clubs was closed as with the only gay pub and another pub in hamilton.

seems that there will be 1-3 cheep pubs for sale in newcastle soon..

Eight arrests, the hotels closed

July 29, 2005

POLICE have arrested eight people and shut down three licensed premises after the seizure of more than 1000 ecstasy tablets worth $35,000 in Newcastle, New South Wales.

Eight men aged between 23 and 36 had been arrested over the past 24 hours, police said.

The men had been charged with 67 drug- and property-related offences, they said.

Police had seized 1238 ecstasy tablets with an estimated street value of more than $35,000.

Ecstasy, amphetamines and LSD were being sold at licensed premises in central Newcastle and suburban Hamilton.

As a result of the operation, 72-hour closure notices were served on the Kent Hotel in Hamilton, The King Street Hotel in King St, Newcastle, and the Gateway Hotel in Maitland Rd, Islington, also an inner-Newcastle suburb.

Newcastle Local Area Commander Superintendent Lee Shearer said officers attached to Operation Derrima were continuing to investigate drug dealing in the region.

"We believe that these arrests will have a significant impact on the availability of illicit drugs within this area, as we are alleging three of the people arrested are believed to be major distributors,'' Supt Shearer said.

AAP
from the telegraph

those closures made for a very weird weekend in the other pubs around town. ALOT of people looking out of place at my local. It actually made a regular catch up with mates over a few beers night, become a bit of a crap night.

And the police presence was just insane. It only highlightes those who don't regularly frequent that pub, because as the cops walked through people began to get very nervous!

Am hoping its a return to normal this weekend- I heard from a mate that works at one of the closed down venues that was a strong chance they'd not re-open depending on further investigations etc.

That is the most fucked thing to happen to newcastle since the merc shut down, I was at king st just the week before last and man it was pumpin, this juat makes me sad :(

wow..their figure.... 1238 pills $35,000... they are putting it at $28 a pill... what? where do you get $28 pills?

i thought their usual estimated street value was about $60-80 a pill... due to selling up the line and such....

what?

Yeah, I was just about to post the same thing! This is the first time I've seen them value a pill at less than $60.

CuPillar said:
wow..their figure.... 1238 pills $35,000... they are putting it at $28 a pill... what? where do you get $28 pills?

Are you serious? If you bought them in any kind of quantity you wouldn't even be paying that much...

Last edited:
Without getting too far into a guideline breaking pricing debate, the exact quote was "estimated street value of more than $35,000", which implies that they've worked out $28 to be the end user price. Whether $28 is +/- $10 of what most people here might possibly pay isn't the point. The point is that they're not using the $60+ estimate.

the local saturday paper had a 2 page special on this..

didn't mention acid..

and had a picture of what looked like the green mitzis..

yeah I saw a tv report on it friday night and they looked like green mitzis. Assuming they were showing the ones seized on Friday...

^^Makes sence, Iv been getting theese in newi for the last three weeks, for about that price to, it all makes sence now :\

ANDO when did merc close down? Havnt been to newi for a few months but always head to merc for a few hrs when i do.
what ashame :(

The actual Merc closed down last year. October or November methinks. It reopened as M-Bar a month or so ago. Different music, but not shit like some places.

i was in newi last weekend, used to live there but yet first time ive been back in 6 years as i live in melb now. went to the M-bar sat night and the security actually asked to check my pupils... i go to a well known club most friday nights in melb n this never happens.. is it commen there or do i just look sus lol.

If your apprearance matches your sign in name, then yeh. You look sus! ;)

ThE_CooKiE_MoNsTeR said:
i was in newi last weekend, used to live there but yet first time ive been back in 6 years as i live in melb now. went to the M-bar sat night and the security actually asked to check my pupils... i go to a well known club most friday nights in melb n this never happens.. is it commen there or do i just look sus lol.

that was a blatant attack on any civil liberties regarding your body, and i wouldve politely told them to get fucked, and then lied to them and said you were on anti-depressants and that you would now leave the establishment as you are quite sensitive about being on antidepressants . . .

sometimes lying is justified when your simple liberties regarding the size of your pupils is at risk . . .

besides, theres about a trillion things that can make your eyes dilated (antidepressants being the most obvious) . . .

this is why i dont go out in newcastle anymore . . .

Are you sure you just didnt look absolutely fucked?

They're within their rights to check for illegal drug use, and checking pupils is ONE sign of illegal drug use. Its not the only one, but they can check.

Just tell them the club is dark, so your pupils are big.... unless the security guard was a bald headed fat fuck. In which case it was Paul. So glass the fucker.