• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The West - 05/10/07 'Roleystone vet took advantage of local teens: inquest'

lil angel15

Bluelight Crew
Roleystone vet took advantage of local teens: inquest
5th October 2007, 14:15 WST

Roleystone veterinarian Marcel Christiaan-Rauch created an environment for teen drug abuse and sexual exploitation which ultimately led to death of 17-year-old David Spry, the Deputy State Coroner found today.

Stopping short of laying personal blame on Mr Christiaan-Rauch, Evelyn Vicker said Mr Spry’s death was the culmination of drug abuse facilitated, promoted and encouraged by Mr Christiaan-Rauch at his Roleystone property more than eight years ago.

Mr Spry was found dead at the Robinson Road property in February 1999 after overdosing on the anaesthetic ketamine, known as Special K, and halothane.

The inquest, which concluded today, was adjourned in 2005 after police charged Mr Christiaan-Rauch, 58, with 54 offences including manslaughter, drug offences and child sex abuse.

But he died in March this year, on the anniversary of Mr Spry’s birthday, just months before he was due to face a District Court trial.

Mr Spry’s father, Ian said outside the court he still felt that his son’s death wasn’t accidental and was frustrated that Mr Christiaan-Rauch wasn’t alive to face up to what he had done.

“If he’d been there to face it and stood up in front of the community and had to look people in the eye, saying look what I am, I might have got more out of it,” he said.

A parade of witnesses testified during the inquest that Mr Christiaan-Rauch had supplied drugs he used in his veterinary surgery to young boys and men who lived and visited his property.

Many witnesses also testified that they had seen sexual contact between Mr Christiaan-Rauch and Mr Spry, as well as with other boys.

According to one witness there was a standing offer in the house of $400 for anyone who was willing to perform oral sex on Mr Christiaan-Rauch.

Another witness testified that Mr Christiaan-Rauch had bought Mr Spry a Honda CRX worth about $10,000 as well as a play station and television and had taken him on a trip to Singapore a few weeks before his death.

Outside the court, Mr Spry’s older brother Andrew said the place had no rules and that Mr Christiaan-Rauch was a master manipulator.

“You could do whatever you liked on his property and he encouraged you to do what you wanted but he would control which avenues you went down,” he said. “You never got anything for free and looking back on it we were just puppets and he was the puppet-master pulling all the strings.”

Ian Spry said he hoped his’ son’s death would encourage other kids to come forward who are in similar circumstances.

Ms Vicker also found that Mr Christiaan-Rauch had moved Mr Spry’s body after he died and removed any evidence of drug use in order to disguise the true circumstances within the household.

“I just hope that if there are any other kids out there in similar situations that they do have the chance to prevent lives being taken, that they do have the chance to bring these people to justice if they step forward.”

PHILIPPA PERRY

The West Australian

Perth vet exploited boy for sex: coroner
October 5, 2007 - 3:54PM

A teenage boy died of a drug-taking lifestyle he was introduced to at the home of a Perth vet who exploited him for sex, a coroner has found.

David Michael Spry, 17, was found dead at the property of vet Marcel Christiaan-Rauch, east of Perth, in February 1999 after overdosing on animal tranquillisers ketamine and halothane.

A 2005 inquest led to Christiaan-Rauch being charged with David's manslaughter but the vet died before going to trial for this charge as well as drug and sex offences against eight other men and boys.

The inquest into David's death resumed in August this year.

On Friday, Deputy State Coroner Evelyn Vicker found David died of a drug taking lifestyle he had been introduced to at Christiaan-Rauch's property.

"I am satisfied Mr Rauch was well aware of the situation on the property, with respect to the supply and use of veterinary drugs, which facilitated his exploitation of a number of the youths on the property," she said.

"Most particularly I am satisfied of the contribution of these factors to the death of the deceased."

During the inquest, the Perth Coroner's Court was told Christiaan-Rauch would perform oral sex on David and other boys while they were drugged.

SMH

Can you OD on Ketamine on it's own? If yes, at what kind of levels of dosage? I didn't think you could but now I'm a quite concerned about some friends of mine.

It said he was mixing it with halothane which is in the class of ether etc.. Not a good combo.
Could of been drinking too?

To answer your question though its probably pretty hard because the amount you take to get high or k-hole is less than the dose they use for putting humans into la la land for operations

From MIMs on ketamine;

Respiratory depression may occur with overdosage or too rapid rate of administration of Ketalar, in which case, supportive ventilation should be employed. Mechanical support of respiration is preferred to administration of analeptics.

Ketamine has a wide margin of safety; several instances of unintentional administration of overdoses of Ketalar (up to ten times that usually required) have been followed by prolonged but complete recovery.

There is also mention of several precautions required during the administration of Ketalar, inlcuding the need to have resuscitation equipment on hand whenever ketamine is administered.

Halothane is not an ether, it is a halogenated ethane, CF3CHClBr (2-Bromo-2-chloro-1,1,1-trifluoroethane) but it is an inhalation anaesthetic. With no complications or contraindications present, death could have been due simply to dosages and/or the administration of the combination, which may well be potentially dangerous to the respiratory and/or cardiac systems.

I knew it wasn't an ether chemically but I thought it was abused that way, ie. inhaled or (sniffed).?

I've had very large doses (nasally) of 100% pure S-Ketamine and it had worse effects on my breathing that Ketelar would (R/S-racemic).. I think I came close to not realising I wasn't breathing for a few minutes at one stage and it klind of scared me just how easy it was to hypnotise yourelf to not breathe.

Last edited:
I new that guy, he was our family vet for many years when I lived in up in the hills... Never gave me any free drugs but :(