Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News : The Age = Cocaine sent through mail

Rats_are_Dancin

Bluelighter
The Age
Cocaine sent through mail
September 7, 2005 - 1:26PM

Cocaine worth almost half a million dollars was posted into Australia in 39 different envelopes, Australian Federal Police say.

A 41-year-old Nigerian national and a 19-year-old US citizen were arrested today at Petersham, in Sydney's inner west, over their alleged involvement in the importation.

The pair had gone to Bondi Beach post office to collect about 39 envelopes, posted from America, which contained about 2.5 kilograms of cocaine with a street value of up to $437,000, the AFP said in a statement.

Both men were charged with attempting to possess a prohibited import.

They were refused bail in Central Local Court today and remanded in custody to appear before the same court on October 19.

The AFP said it was alerted to the alleged importation by customs officials on August 30.

Peace LOve and Mungbeans

thats about 65 grams an envelope, that's a fairly obvious weight for an envelope, i wouldnt go over an ounce personally, and i wouldnt send them all to the same post office thats for sure lol

I think you'd be amazed at how much gets through - obviously smaller amounts than 2.5kgs...but I'm tipping a shit load gets through...overseas mate to Aussie mate, that sort of thing

EDIT - terrible spelling!

Last edited:
^ stuff will get through sure, but that stuff is usually alot better concealed than just in envelopes. I guess what Hazzard was saying is mail has sniffer dog around it on a consistent basis, so chances are they will get caught.

Those dogs can smell coke on a credit card used to rack a few lines, so it doesnt matter how small the quantity is they will still detect it.

Worst smuggling attempt in 2005!

^ EDIT: yes i agree that is a big call, thank you ;)

millions of parcels pass through Aus post everyday, do you really think they check everyone. You can score almost anything any given day. You have more chance of getting an envelope containing some illicit drug than not.......BUT they catch some and 39 envelopes reduces your chance of success

I watched a UK docu called 'drugland part 1'. and one of the dealers gets his cocaine through the postal service direct from columbia. They send it to his adddess but with a fake anglo-saxon name. The guy lives in an apartment building where loads of people live. Thats how he reduces risk of getting caught. The cocaine is contained in a bag surrounded by carbon paper so that it prevents scanning machines from dectecting the cocaine, and the plastic bag is contained in a cardboard birthday card. He get's 10 grams in an envelope.

65 grams seems too much per envelope.

Customs is pretty good these days, every parcel I have ever recieved have been opened by customs.

"Customs is pretty good these days, every parcel I have ever recieved have been opened by customs."

then you are being watched....hehe