• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: South Australia -Ban The Bong

Adelaide is pretty small but come on, be realistic about it. Anyway, that 50m estimate is wrong, Id put it at about 10m, tops, with a cop shop inbetween :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Here in Brisbane they banned the sale of bongs as of the 1st of jan '05 however all the usual suspects have their glassware and ceramics on display for all to see. A friend works for one of these shops and he reckons that if worst comes to worst they will break them down and sell them as vases or something similar. Its funny how up here they banned bongs but not cone peices and stems...

Perhaps this law is a just a small part of a bigger battle that is going on.

Perhaps Dr Plats could comment? What sort of politics is going down in SA re drugs?

I can't imagine, even the stupidest of MPs, would realistically believe that restricting the sale of water pipes would reduce use of cannabis by teenagers.

Perhaps this MP is trying to use an issue like this to raise his profile?

Just to add in my local area (NSW), in practically any middle eastern shop i poke my head in I often see gaint hokkas (is that how you spell it?)

Anyway such a law would restrict the practise of smoking tobacco through such devices in SA. Seems sad that thousands of arabs would not be able to enjoy such cultural activity because of the short-sighted MP.

Has the government overlooked that Hookahs are very similar to bongs and an important part of eastern culture. Hookah's are only meant to be used for tobacco but there is no reason why they couldn't be used for marijuana as well. Will the government make this illegal as well?

I imagine that there would be a fairly large outcry about it from a few minority groups if they did and bad publicity from a minority group is never a good thing. If they were not to ban these then what stops tobacco shops selling bongs as modified hookahs?

Nice Tits

"....the sale of tobacco is illegal to minors ... And yet behind that were all these bongs. Its basically saying to kids, don't buy your pies and pasties anymore, come and buy a bong."
how the fuck did they come up with that?

If they already had a bong, they'd be buying 3 or 4 pastires at a time...:p

What are they going to ban next? Rolling papers?

Well to tell you the truth Im not worried the least bit. One reason why is that this news is over a year old and no action has been taken yet. Another reason is because the selection we have over here is nothing special IMO, I'd rather order a piece online. The only reason they even considered this is probably just to piss off all the pot smokers.