• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: SMH - 18/10/09 'No script, no cold drug: radical plan for ice war'

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2000711/

This paper was published in 2006, where are the government and private studies? This is slightly off topic as the discussion is about moving pseudoephedrine over the counter products to prescription but a lot of people will turn to buying the inferior phenylephrine based decongestant.

Even with such startling evidence staring them in the face, I'll think you'll find Pharm companies have pushed PE so hard that it doesn't matter if it works or not. Just like they do with many other drugs.

Agreed. Creating a consumer wow factor really have helped these products kick off pretty nicely with a lot of supermarkets stocking these phenylephrine based decongestants as well. What I find extremely misleading is seeing chemists go as far as utilising their strong points of sale to market these products more effectively.

I find it a very similar to the situation regarding opiates used for medicinal use (oxycodone, codeine) and street opiates (heroin).

As methylphenidate (ritalin), dexies (d-amphetamine) are readily and often prescribed, not to mention an overwhelming amount of 15+ yr olds drinking more energy drinks (caffeine) and popping the odd ecstasy tab at an event or the weekend is ever increasing.

What I'm getting at is that we live in a culture which goes hand in fucking hand with stimulants. Hell, kids from a young age start getting a kick out of sugar.

Basically my point is, you cant beat methamphetamine, and even if they do (which they won't) another different, potentially more dangerous euphoric stimulant will hit the streets.

Durg-use is as natural as breathing oxygen. I'm not talking about addiction, thats a whole other topic. But the desire to push certain buttons in your brain will never EVER end (this includes everyone, not just drug users).

growing epidemic LOL

this is never gonna happen, sensationalist pricks

Hasn't it been a 'growing epidemic' since the whole scaremongering campaign about ice kicked off 8 or so years ago? I'd imagine the numbers would have levelled out by now, and from memory meth use isn't increasing significantly.

That doesn't sell as many papers though, I guess :/