• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: SMH - 11/10/07 'Police Renew warning about deadly PMA drug' - (Sydney)

marklar_the_23rd

Bluelighter
Police have issued a renewed warning about a highly toxic amphetamine that is being sold as ecstasy.

A small number of the tablets, which have a Chanel logo or Pacman symbol, are not MDMA, or ecstasy, but paramethoxyamphetamine, or PMA, a potentially toxic hallucinogen responsible for at least six other deaths in Australia since 1995.

The tablets with PMA came from police seizures in western Sydney and on the Central Coast.

Annabel Catt, a 20-year-old a dance teacher from Elanora Heights, died after taking two tablets at the Good Vibrations music festival on February 17 this year.

An ensuing police investigation found the tablets were not ecstasy but PMA.

PMA was also detected in a 20-year-old NSW man, who died in Canberra in July.

This is the second time this year police have issued the warning about tablets containing PMA.

Today's warning comes after a report was done into the seized tablets by NSW Health's Division of Analytical Laboratories.

"The tablets had been seized in western Sydney and on the state's Central Coast, and had either a Chanel logo or Pacman symbol on them," Drug Squad Detective Acting Superintendent Rod Henness said.

"But the crucial point is that PMA has been found this year in other tablets with different symbols. I want to make it clear that this dangerous drug could be found in any tablet being sold as MDMA.

"I cannot emphasise enough the enormous risk you place on your life and liberty when taking illicit drugs.

"The contents, potency and effects of these drugs are an absolute unknown and you are gambling with your life when taking them.

"Young people and their parents should be aware of the potential dangers associated with the use of illicit drugs, particularly with the forthcoming end of school celebrations."

He said anyone suffering ill effects from drug taking should seek immediate medical attention.

source

I wish the police would release all photos of pills that they know to contain that shit just so us who are still going to take pills will have some warning and not die from it.The only reason I can think of that they dont release all photos of pills like this is so we stop taking pills all together but thats not gonna happen anytime soon.

If any law enforcement officer reads this then please consider what I have said and try and make things safer for us all who are going to still take pills.. especially with new years around the corner & the amount of crap/dangerous pills will be on the rise.

Last edited:
Can someone dig up some more info from police media.. there is like 5 ck stamps going around.

They they probably contain MDMA but crooks like to use things like dramamine to make you more smacky, and unsocial, and some visuals to mimick a high dose, then they can sleep after and tyhink whoa..strong pill with no speed.

Splatt said:
Can someone dig up some more info from police media.. there is like 5 ck stamps going around.

What has the ck stamp got to do with Chanel and packman?

I think its great that they make this stuff public and its pleasing to note that everything in the article is good information.

It would be even better if they could also include the information that if you are going to do Ecstasy anyways..........please buy a test kit and then provide the url to EZtest etc.

I agree with your thinking there Maz and also think it would also be nice if they provided pictures for cross referencing.

Sadly, they think if they condone the use of testers, they are condoning the use of pills. Further to this, I imagine the reason they don't provide this additional information is so that further doubt is placed in our minds about certain pills. This in turn will make us think twice about having a certain press of pill.

My main concern with the release of this information is that it will become common place and people will stop taking notice. It may become a case of the boy who cried wolf with some very serious consequences.

JakesCode said:
What has the ck stamp got to do with Chanel and packman?

meant chanel..

sorry im not up to the latest limp wristed fashion designers' clothing range lingo ;0

lslslsls said:
There's usually a press release posted here:

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news

When things like this are found, there was one but it's drifted off the top 10 latest news items and I can't find where the archives are.

You click "more" or "next" or something similar under the dates and they come up.

Police Renew warning about deadly PMA drug (Sydney)

Police warn about deadly PMA drug..

October 11, 2007
A RENEWED warning has been issued about the highly toxic drug that killed a Sydney woman who thought she was taking ecstasy.

Police issued the fresh warning today about the potentially lethal drug para-methoxyamphetamine (PMA) after it was detected in tablets seized in western Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.

Annabel Catt, a 20-year-old dance teacher from Sydney's north, died in February after she took PMA that had been passed off as ecstasy at a music festival.

The drug - an extremely toxic, highly hallucinogenic amphetamine - is also blamed for the death of a 20-year-old NSW man in Canberra in July, and it caused six deaths in South Australia in the five months to January 1996.

Acting Superintendent Rodd Henness of the drug squad said a report from NSW Health's Division of Analytical Laboratories had prompted today's renewal of the PMA warning.

Previous warnings had focused on red tablets stamped with a Mitsubishi logo but PMA had now been detected in pills marked with the Chanel and Pacman symbols.

The man who died in Canberra allegedly took a tablet stamped with a Euro currency symbol.

"The crucial point is that PMA has been found this year in other tablets with different symbols," Supt Henness said.

"I want to make it clear that this dangerous drug could be found in any tablet sold as MDMA (ecstasy).

"I cannot emphasise enough the enormous risk on your life and liberty when taking illicit drugs.

"The contents, potency and effects of these drugs are an absolute unknown and you are gambling with your life when taking them."

Police urged parents to make themselves aware of the dangers of drugs, particularly because of the coming end of school celebrations.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22568156-23289,00.html

One of my mates had a small line of a pacman pill and said it was one of the most terrifying nights of his life. Overheating, Hallucinations and a very smacked out feeling which I find strange as PMA is an amphetamine. Im suprised more people havent dropped from these, the pacmans at least, are a very high dose of PMA. Be careful if your going to experiment.

I actually want to try one of these pacmans because reports say that PMA can be used enjoyably, only like a quarter of a pill or something. Has anyone actually had any of these?

cheers for merging it, I thought i couldn't find anything on it, thats way i posted it lol :) oh well rather be safe than sorry..

the_ketaman said:
...because reports say that PMA can be used enjoyably...

I'll never forget the story of Ian Hard (may he RIP), which I read on here when I first stated lurking in the beginning of 02. Being from Adelaide myself, it hit pretty close to home - especially considering I'd been offered one of the pma caps as my first e dose. Luckily I simply opted for pot instead.

I'm of the belief that PMA posses no recreational value whatsoever, and due to its dangerous nature should be avoided at all costs.

A higher dose of PMA will smack you out quite a bit. If its mixed with caffeine or speed its probably more dangerous but it will give you a speedy feeling. Ive had a high dose of PMA mixed with speed and MDMA, and a large dose of TMA-2 (unintentionally) along with K and nitrous and weed, and I reckon I came p[retty close to death. I couldnt even be bothered to go fill up a bottle let alone call an ambulance, even though there was internal panick the other drugs just made me noit care.. Dangerous shit.

PMA hasd some recreational value for some but its not something anyone should mess with. Its just too risky, especially if the pill contains MDMA or speed as well. I dont find the effects as amazing as some people have, one which is now dead. It was rather mundane, it was only the come up that was exciting and the first half hour of the peak, before all the bad effects kick in.. Stay away from it. You can have spiritual experiences with Datura, but you can also have such an spiritual experience, you'll stay there, in the after life. ie.. dead. So its just one of those drugs other drugs have parts of and are much safer, why not use the real thing. ie MDA and some MDMA, and maybe a tiny bit of speed. Plus a littler bump of K on the peak.. Its a combo, but people do it all the time. Not saying that combo is safe but it appears its safer than taking PMA and in my opinion has similar effects without the increased risk of death. I think half the excitement of PMA is the risk you're taking, and the adrenalin gets pumping and the visuals start going. I've had a purely visualless PMA experience and it was rather boring and found it not recreational.

Had PMA twice. There were pills called double stackers going round 3/4 years ago in UK. Needless to say on both occasions I'm told I looked like I was chewing a bee!

NSW Police Force renews warning about potentially lethal drug
Thursday, 20 Dec 2007 03:55pm

NSW Police Force has today issued a renewed warning about a highly toxic and potentially lethal rare amphetamine.

This warning follows the seizure of Para-methoxyamphetamine (PMA) tablets by police in Surry Hills on 25 November, as part of Operation Consequence.

PMA is a highly toxic, highly hallucinogenic amphetamine and has previously been passed off as ecstasy (MDMA).
This latest PMA drug seizure is similar to that conducted by police at Penrith on 26 September.

Drug Squad Commander, Detective Superintendent Greig Newbery, said today’s warning is a timely reminder of the dangers of consuming this drug especially during the festive season.

“NSW Police Force have made 10 seizures of PMA this year to date, the majority of these seizures involved tablets displaying varying colours and logos. It is important to realise that when taking illict drugs you can have no certainly of the substance you are putting into your body”.

“Police are renewing their warning to the public – anyone who takes illicit drugs such as PMA and MDMA are endangering their lives and may face fatal consequences.

“Our message has never been more important - you risk your life and liberty when taking illicit drugs.

“The contents, potency and effects of these drugs are an absolute unknown and anyone who takes illicit drugs is gambling with their life,” Detective Superintendent Newbery said.

Police advise anyone suffering ill-effects from drug taking should seek immediate medical attention.

FACTS ABOUT PMA

PMA can cause a range of serious adverse effects including:

• Increase in energy
• Visual hallucinations
• General change in consciousness
• Pupil dilation
• Increased blood and body temperature
• Increased blood pressure and pulse rate
• Laboured breathing
• Nausea and vomiting
• Convulsions, coma and death

Although quite rare, PMA is occasionally sold as MDA or MDMA (commonly described as ecstasy).

Earlier this year the presence of PMA was found in the initial toxicology report of a 20-year-old Sydney woman who had died in February and also the death in July of a 20-year-old man in Canberra.

A handful of PMA overdoses, one near fatal, occurred in Sydney in 2004.
Six people died in South Australia between September 1995 and January 1996 after taking PMA. All indications are that users believed they were taking MDMA alone and did not realise that PMA was present in the tablet they used.
NSW Police Media Unit

I hope these warnings are genuine and not a ploy by the NSW Police Service to put doubt in the minds of the consumers. We all know the story about the boy who cried wolf afterall!!!!!!

If, in fact, these warnings are genuine, it's a timely reminder that real care needs to be taken during the upcoming festive season where the consumption of pills is sure to increase. Test your pills, keep an eye on your friends and try to show some self control with your consumption.

Why dont they show the pills.. even America do in Microgram.
Ridiculouys

BTW watch out for small white caps floating around Queensland. Vwery small white caps.. a mcpp/piperazine like conisistancy kind of like flour when opened up.. tested as PMA!!!... 60-80mg varying.