Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Six men arrested in drug raid

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
Six men arrested in drug raid
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,10588240%5E1702,00.html
27aug04

POLICE arrested six men today in an operation targeting the supply of drugs in Albury, on the NSW-Victorian border.

Strike Force Elva, comprising officers from the Albury Drug Unit and the Southern Region, has been investigating the supply of ecstasy and amphetamines since April.

Just after 7am (AEST) today 100 police, including officers from the State Protection Group and the Dog Unit, executed a series of lightning raids on several addresses around Albury.

Vehicle checks were also conducted.

Six men were arrested and are being questioned by police at Albury Police Station.

A number of items, believed to be drugs, were also seized for examination.

Southern Region Commander, Assistant Commissioner Terry Collins, said the high-risk operation – the culmination of months of investigative work – showed exceptional police dedication.

"We will continue to target all illegal drug supply and distribution in the Albury Local Area Command and other parts of the Southern Region, and send a message to all drug suppliers that you will be caught," Assistant Commissioner Collins said.

He also thanked members of the public for providing information to the police.

"Operations such as this rely heavily on tips from the public and I urge people to continue to come forward to assist in making a safer community," he said.

Is it me, or is Albury/Wodonga constantly getting their manufacturers busted??? They always seem to be the one's getting busted...:\

^^ It's a tough little town, I grew up nearby... Rife with bikies and amphetamine

100 police involved and only arrested 6 men... but they didnt say how much was found... and the report said "high risk operation" and "A number of items, believed to be drugs, were also seized for examination".... so they have no idea what they seized?

Assistant Commissioner Collins said "a message to all drug suppliers that you will be caught." yeah maybe... but it doesnt stop the users using the substances....

I seriously believe the police haven't archieved much from this arrest. Just the media drumming it up that they are doing something with the Drug War that the police know that they are losing and wasting more taxpayer's funds on the so called "Drug War on Suppliers"....

There is no sugestion the addresses that were raided had any connection to one another either. The way they wrote it up made it sound like some big drug operation. Its just as likely the local cops got a few tips from residents who noticed a lot of coming and going from properties. Then after a nice little list had been compile the police raided all the houses at once to make it sound like a major break through.

100 Officers in this operation!? That's bloody outrageous.
So, that's what all my hard-earned tax money is getting spent on all year?

Heh, you know... I was just speaking to a friend the other day about where the fuck all of our tax-money is going.
There's not too many road projects going under-way here in Melbourne, plus... I could think of many other things we could be spending this money on, in order to construct a "Better Australia".

Now, I'm not saying this country isn't a great one or anything. But, it could surely do with even more of a sudden boost in economy and Industry.

100 police officers, in order to arrest 6 men. Lol, that really great, isn't it?