• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Shepparton News - 27/11/2006 '16 charged over drugs at Earthcore'

That means that the event organisers agreed to let them in doesn't it. Normally they are only allowed at the enterance.

does anyone know if the people caught with small amounts like gram or 2 of weed or a pill were kicked out or driven back to melbourne ?

A friend of mine who was there said there were dogs inside... walked around by policemen. Needless to say my friend and crew were a bit scared, and in fact took their drugs much faster than they would have otherwise done.

They are normally pretty responsible people, but faced with the not-so-nice options of (1) taking everything at once (2) getting caught by the dogs (3) sacrificing their drugs by throwing them away / on the ground, they went for option 1. It's not a nice set of choices!

Luckily they were experienced and got through it without freaking out... or luck was on their side, either way!

Yeah the dogs were inside alright! Hanging around the main walkway for 3-4hrs in 34degree heat! I walked past them with 3 j's in my pocket and didn't even get pulled aside.

People everywhere were fucking with the dogs though. Everyone knew just to keep their stuff at the campsites and not risk a run in. Dudes were intentionally making themselves stink of weed so they could have a little fun with the doggies. Not to mention the acid fiend I saw trying to pat the dog!

That means that the event organisers agreed to let them in doesn't it. Normally they are only allowed at the enterance.
Yeah I'm pretty organisers let them in after having the pressure put on them. The EC crew - from my understanding - won a court battle to have ec run this year and had to comply more readily with the authorities to make themselves look safety conscious.

As I said in my earlier post the cops were actually well behaved.. I guess the vibe got to them to! :)

Having been at this earthcore:

1. The one and only labrador I saw all weekend was at the toilet block area most of the weekend.

2. There was no car or tent searches - if there was you can bet the busts number would of been more like at least half the crowd.

3. hippy party = lots of pot going around. Like I tried telling some of the people we were camped near.

4. Welcome to NSW. Unfortunatly I'm use to seeing the labradors did earthcore QLD get the dogs too?

I'm pleased to say there were no dogs at the Qld event and only a brief appearance by 2 local police officers who didn't even bother walking through the event. They simply stood on a hill and surveyed the gathering before waving goodbye.

For more info on this fantastic event, I'll be posting a review in Aus Events later today.

I saw the dogs on about 4 occassions. I'm not sure if there was one or two. they were mainly hanging around the walking area that leads from the drink fountains and toilets to the red bus. They also seemed to be going past hydra stage quite a bit. I saw a few people get stopped and searched. there was a much larger police presence this year and cops were walking along the main roads near the main camping grounds but I don't think they searched any camp sites otherwise I'm sure the amount of drugs found would have been much higher. like I said in an earlier post, the dogs did little to stop open drug dealing. Our camp was approached over 3 times to see if we wanted to buy acid (there was alot of good liquid going around mmmmmmmmm) and pills, acid, wizz and probably many others could be easily bought if you looked for them.

Some questions: what happened to those found in possession of a small amount of drugs? is it likely they were arrested? ejected from the event? or just had there drugs taken off them? Would people face drug diversion or would they go to court?