Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News : Retailer busted with 'ice' pipes - Feb 23

Fry-d-

Bluelight Crew
Retailer busted with 'ice' pipes
February 23, 2005
A MELBOURNE company has become the first Victorian supplier to be convicted and fined for supplying pipes to smoke crystal methamphetamine, known as ice.

IP and MP Jensen Pty Ltd and company director Scott McConnell, 30, of Black Rock were each found guilty in the Melbourne Magistrates Court yesterday of supplying a banned product, a government spokeswoman said today.
The company was convicted and fined $500, with $670 in costs, while Mr McConnell was also fined $500 with the same costs but without conviction.

The court ordered 52 ice pipes found at McConnell's retail outlet, Naughty Games, in Melbourne's south-east, to be destroyed.

Consumer Affairs Minister Marsha Thomson said such pipes were banned as dangerous products in Victoria last year amid concerns over the increasing use of ice or "crystal meth" among young people.

Ms Thomson said under fair trading law a dangerous product was defined as one likely to cause death or serious injury, directly or indirectly.

The maximum penalty for selling a banned product is more than $24,000 for an individual and more than $60,000 for a corporation.
From news.com.au

No, they're "legal" in WA - as in, legal to purchase as a novelty, and legal to sell, but not legal to own as drug paraphernalia. It's a loophole and one that's likely to be closed soon.

It's bullshit, crackies are EVERYWHERE...

I find it stupid, but on the same note fair.

I see these "crack-heads" (not because they actually use crack), they are addicted to little more than the hypnotic barrel of the vapour in the pipe...

I know girls who tell me "They're married to the crackie", and they're completely happy with that!

Keep that in mind ppls

I think it would be an appropriate time for some enterprising company to release a glass blowing kit. A few lengths of tubing, a blowtorch, some gloves and goggles, and presto, one could have all the glass ornaments they ever desired ;)

You know what sucks...

That glass pipes are banned in certain states yet fit packs are readily available w/o presciption.

Didn't someone get charged in Vic for selling crack pipes recently...?? How pathetic, lets start charging pharmacys for selling needles w/o prescription...no offence to people who IV/IM but i think its outright bullshit.

Now, is that encouraging all smokers to then use other methods of administration or are they using a quick-fix solution?

Different standards for different people....

Ive seen more people fucked up from IV'ing amphetamines than I have smokers.

Just havin a rant..

The whole point of the clean needles thing is to minimise HIV / Hep infections.

Injecting users are highly vulnerable to HIV, Hep and other infections, and so the decision was made to provide clean needles. They're going to inject anyway, so you might as well make sure they don't get an incurable disease in the process.

Meth pipes, on the other hand, don't let you contract a disease. Banning them doesn't mean people are going to get incurable diseases.

Thus the comparison isn't really valid.

Not really...if someone is introduced to needles when they're readily available and clean...then they have no worries about the cleanliness...

But what if australia did ban needles w/o prescription and then someone tries to introduce them to needles...dirty needles.

I think its likely that people would be scared of the fact of using a dirty needle and probably would not even try it most of the time....

This would indeed stop more drug addictions occuring.

Enforcing this law would mean people are going to turn to other MOA.

In my view, the reason why drug abuse is so bad in certain areas is the availability of it.

Do you see where im coming from???

I've had to put up with needle use close to home for about 9 years, I can tell yous now ive seen my fair share of problems IV'ing amps has caused...in my opinion it has worsened over the years.

I can see how there may be an argument as to why the banning of crack pipes "may" reduce the number of new ppl trying to smoke meth. But I think this number would be small. People interested in trying something will find a way to do so.

Banning crack pipes will either force people who smoke meth to start making their own crack pipes, start using the broken lightbulb technique that everyone says is so dangerous or swap to a different ingestion method.

From a HM point of view - i think banning crack pipes is stupid

Nice Tits

I think its more because of some people with the veiw that crack pipes are making a harder more addictive drug more socially acceptable in some circles.

Most of you it seems would look down on someone with a needle but are quick to put your hand up when someone asks who's next on the pipe.

I think the idea behind banning them would be the idea that people wouldn't be exposed to the pipes so would never start on the addictive road of smoking meth. Forgetting the dilema it makes for those already on the journey, which way do they turn now? Some might not be prepared to smoke out of a lightbulb or make their own pipe so its possible they could move on to needles to find the feeling they remember......

^^ Try living with a junkie most of your life, with junkie friends...

Then you will know.

I think its likely that people would be scared of the fact of using a dirty needle and probably would not even try it most of the time....

It doesn't work like that for a lot of people. I've known H users who swore they'd never use a dirty or used syringe. But in confession at different times, 2 of my old friends admitted to having used dirty needles when there was no alternative. In the current world climate, improvisation is the key to freedom for the desperate, or unfrettered drug user. As such, it will always be part of the driving force....

I don't think I explained myself right...

Im talking about new users who may be introduced to needles...not needle users who have no access to clean needles.

New users are less likely to go down that path if clean needles are hard to come by...

"once you whack, you never go back...anything else is just a waste"

Now, have I heard that one too many times...

Next we'll have people stuffing thin glass (rose) tubes with a bit of brillo pad and smoke their "Ice" through that :p

woo! ghetto crack stylez!

Banning those little glass pipes is purely a political "ooh look what we're doing for the kids! think of the kids!" policy

time to watch lightbulb sales go through the roof in victoria... =D

well we can still buy them.....

HEHEHE yes there will be some Dragons being chased and alot of light bulbs being smashed... prolly alot more cut hands and stitches, waiting in line at hospital, complaints etc... the list goes on!

SpecTBK=D

does anyone know if pipes are still legally available in qld? and are they gonna ban them up here?

Many things are illegal here in Victoria and not meant to be purchasable such as fireworks, concentrated energy drinks, crack pipes, ILLICIT DRUGS. This doesn't mean they aren't available.
I'd suggest that if someone has the contacts and means to obtain "ice" then if they put their mind to it they can probably track down a crack pipe. Guess its all just a matter of knowing where to look. As this 'bust' shows just because the pipes are no longer sitting on the shelf at front of the local bong shop doesn't mean they aren't available. Just the same as if your looking for fireworks you go to a dodgy asian supermarket in chinatown, i'd suggest if your looking for a crackpipe you head to the dodgy bong shop.

I guess it is a bit contradictory of the Vic Government to ban pipes but still allow the sale of fit kits. Even the fact that bongs are legal is a bit rediculous. The arguement there is that they have a legitimate use of smoking tabacco but i've never met anyone who smokes anything that hasn't got a tinge of green in a bong.

Beech out