Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : Ravers 'cook from inside'

Bent

Bluelighter
My god, this has to be a new low in shock journalism..the headline screaming across today's Herald Sun "Ravers 'cook from inside'

Police Warn of Deadly New Drug

A DEADLY new drug that has killed 11 people in Australia and caused dozens to overdose has arrived in Melbourne.

The carnage caused by the pill "red mitsubishi" has so far been confined to Adelaide and Sydney.

But researchers have now discovered ravers taking the pill in Melbourne clubs.

Doctors and police have described the drug's effects as worse than ecstasy, GHB or any other drug on the dance scene.

Drug-induced high blood pressure, temperature and pulse rates are said to "cook victims from the inside".

Has there really been 11 people killed in Australia?

You'll notice that at the bottom of the news story this appears:

South Australian police investigating drug running by bikie gangs seized a mass haul of 5000 red mitsubishis last week hidden in a suburban house.

No....? It's only a coincidence.

i love these articles, they should flood the media with them. Its really cleaning up the drug scene if you think about it. More and more people have stopped taking pills thanks to these articles and i love it.

Isn't this story like 6 months old?! Or are people still buying them and getting fucked over? I'm confused. One minute these were tested to contain Caffiene and MDMA, then word was it was just a good hit of MD? Now the PMA shit has started again? I'm lost!!

"The poison pills may be filling a gap in the market vacated by GHB."

Bwahahaha, wtf?!

yeahdude said:
i love these articles, they should flood the media with them. Its really cleaning up the drug scene if you think about it. More and more people have stopped taking pills thanks to these articles and i love it.

Do you really think?

Hmmm...Hopefully it means that there will be these good Red Mitsubishis out at the time of *...Like there were at - remember that huge OD story about them, then all these people at in Melbourne had them and were fine...I hope its a sign =D

Nevertheless, its shocking journalism......Running the same old shit over and over and over...I don't see how 11 people could have died...Maybe ODed, but i doubt 11 died...

[Edit: Venue details removed. Again. READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
roflroflroflrofl,

well if its said by both doctors AND police to be worse than E AND GHB!!!! Man...thats authority...

(o wait, it was E after all)

shorza said:
Do you really think?

I think it would be, would only be an extremly small amount of people tho. Nothing noticeable.

My other two fave quotes...

Metropolitan Ambulance Service operations manager Paul Holman admitted yesterday he was not aware of the potentially deadly chemical cocktail, but said he would look into it.

Don't you think the ambo would have heard of this evil new drug?

The red pills, which are stamped with the Mitsubishi logo, belong to the same family of drugs as ecstasy, but can contain potent levels of ingredients MDMA or PMA.

And here I was thinking MDMA is ecstasy!

Ummmm...Check out the test results on Enlighten of the "latest" Red Mit...and compare to to result of "earlier" Red Mit.

Rather interesting.

Media watch anyone?

Mabey we should all use their feedback function...

BongoBongo said:
Ummmm...Check out the test results on Enlighten of the "latest" Red Mit...and compare to to result of "earlier" Red Mit.

Rather interesting.

Enlighten

That's a bit of a worry....hope people dont get suckered.

From the linked article:
The Centre for Youth Drug Studies discovered the mitsubishis in Melbourne when surveying young clubgoers during the summer.
Right. So assuming there's a two month delay between surveying and publishing results (and this is me being very generous), the pills were most likely reported in December. That hardly counts as "confined in Adelaide/Sydney until now"!

I think I've worked out how the Scum does its drug reporting. They have a bingo machine with random drug phrases printed on each ball. Whatever the machine spits out, is what they print.

i just don't know what to say...can't we bring this to the attention of the public that it's just a load of crap. the main batch of mitsis had caffeine and a strong dose of MDMA didn't the police do lab testing and everything?

or are they talking about a new batch?

well that's funny considering PMA comes from a fucked up synth of MDMA!!!

Yes man it is the original Mitsi's I honestly cannot see the circulation of many PMA pills in Australia. Plus I bet they're still counting the first chick that died in Sydney. The guy that died in the moel room in Adelaide etc... Fact is. Media tell, public beieves, public has no facts and criticise users. When all along users are right publics wrong because they listen to some SCARE TACTIC.

Now I think the police are telling the journalists this so that the public gets another bullshit story!

anyway this Mitsu thing shits me off! :p

Forgot to add... I bet 1 of those 11 is the dude in Syd that died from a CK, not a mitsu as the media said for like 4 weeks! Then tests were done and WOOPS We fukt up again. Sweep it under the rug. She'll be right!
SpecTBK=D

this article REALLY pissed me off, provoking me to write a letter to the editor.

Dear editor or whom it may concern.

I follow the news very regularly and read the Herald Sun every day, being a proud resident of the Melbourne CBD.
Today, I read an article on your webpage which really struck a bad chord with me.
I am not one to usually write letters of disgust to newpapers, but this one (although it being brief) has really aggrevated a LOT of readers.

Firstly, you do not state the chemical OR street name of this so-called 'deadly new drug' in your report.
Secondly, you do not state the circumstances of these deaths, or any factual information backing up these claimed 11 fatalities.

If your 'researchers' are doing their job professionally, they would have actually reported information that may have been correct and educational to the public. Melbourne was one of the first cities to report on the discovery of these pills. Again, perhaps your researchers should actually DO some research outside of the nightspots, clubs and popular events, eg online, forums and public questioning. You will find that the public are highly knowledgeable about these issues and reports such as the above are only grounds for reporter humiliation.

You claim that doctors and police describe this un-named drug as being worse that GHB - again, back it up with facts if you want the public to even consider reading such unfounded rubbish. GHB is a very, very dangerous drug for inexperienced or even the most experienced user. I am assuming you are talking about PMA or paramethoxyamphetamine.

The final sentence in this article is what really annoyed me. You are stating that the victims of PMA use are 'cooked from the inside out'. In all honesty, I used to find the Herald Sun had quite credible information in regard to the discovery and public usage of illicit drugs and chemicals, but after reading such a statement, I could not help but laugh. If you want to report on such a topic, I would advise you make your articles credible and backed up with factual information..

I would appreciate a response to this letter.

Thankyou.
-----------------
Melbourne, Vic.

well that's funny considering PMA comes from a fucked up synth of MDMA!!!
Actually, whilst PMA uses a similar synthesis technique as MDMA does, you need a totally different starting chemical, and I don't believe it is possible to produce PMA 'accidentally'. It's not possible to start making MDMA from all the correct precursor chemicals and "fuck up" the procedure to produce PMA (or any mixture of PMA and MDMA).

Undoubtedly if there is PMA in a pill, it has been put there intentionally.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited: