Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: [QLD] - Cannabis crop located in National Park

Splatt

Ex-Bluelighter
Cannabis crop located in National Park
01/03/2007 - QLD Police Media Release

Three men will appear in court today charged following the discovery of several large drug crops in a National Park near Gin Gin.

As a result of extensive investigations by police from Bundaberg CIB and the State Drug Investigation Unit’s Plantation Squad, a search was conducted of an isolated area of bushland about an hour west of Granite Creek, outside of Gin Gin.

More than 900 cannabis plants were located with some measuring three metres in height. Two large drums of dried cannabis were also located at one of the sites.

Police seized a 4WD and motorcycle, as well as equipment used in the production of the drugs.

Three men, 48, 50 and 51, have been arrested and charged with drug related offences including production and possession of dangerous drugs, and will appear in the Bundaberg Magistrates Court today.

Investigations into the discovery of the crop are ongoing and police continue to appeal for information on anyone involved in the production of the cannabis.

FDBBE8E5_Gin%20Gin%20drug%20crop%201.jpg

FA492EAE_Gin%20Gin%20drug%20crop%202.jpg

QLD Police Media Unit

Last edited:
Thats a shame. I dont smoke anymore but I got to say that picture of the bush looks really nice. It seems strange how something that grows naturally out of the ground can be made illegal. Theres going to be some stoned sargeant hypocrites doing the rounds this weekend.:p

Its heartening to see some people still grow pop the traditional way. Ask any old Byron pot head and they'll tell you its the new hydro shit that's pumped full of chemicals (and not flushed properly) that's causing all the mental health issues with users at the moment.

A friend of mine is a psyche nurse (and a pot head) and she has said over the last 5-10 years there has been a MASSIVE increase in drug induced psychosis...ever since growers worked out they could grow pot in cupboards instead of the ground.

Sneaky, I bet they realised it was the park rangers growing the shit and pinned it on some randoms!

That's normally what they focus on when busting growers, but if someone reports 900 plants to the police they're not exactly going to ignore it.

Being National Park, they could quite likely also be charged by the Commonwealth.

I don't know what the penalties are for clearing forest or interfering with nature in National Parks, but in Qld, doing it in a state forest carries a hefty fine - iirc, something in the order of $70,000 for a first offence.

Damn what a waste!
They grow them in the trees here. I suspect there will be busts soon, since its pretty much harvest time over the next few weeks... Oh well theres shroom season soon :)