Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[NEWS] Police net $1.2m ecstasy haul

sonicnature

Bluelighter
[NEWS] Police net $1.2m ecstasy haul

Police net $1.2m ecstasy haul

August 25, 2005

POLICE have seized 23,000 ecstasy tablets worth $1.2 million during a raid in Sydney.
Heavily armed officers raided premises on Parramatta Road at Leichhardt, in the city's inner-west, about 2.20pm (AEST) today, seizing the drugs and arresting a man at the scene.

"More than 23,000 ecstasy tablets with a 'Batman' motif were seized along with more than $325,000 in cash," police said.

A 43-year-old man from Dobroyd Point, in Sydney's inner-west, is currently being questioned by officers at Burwood Police Station.

Taken from: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16380358-29277,00.html

Man, that still works out at $52 a pill. No matter how many time I hear the way they work out street value, it still seems completely stupid.

I like Batman 'motif'. Was he a drug dealer, or an interior designer?

^ They apply an econometric regression based upon a theoretical market place, so what the police effectively do is sum up the amounts from each step of a forecasted transaction. I.e. First dealer sells the 23,000 to 5 people for $x, then those 5 sell to 12 others for $x and so forth. They then add up all of those possible transactions to get the final number.

Your calculation is assuming that the busted person was going to go out and sell each of those 23,000 pills individually; that would be a serious mission!

In saying that though, the method they use is all a load of shit and not very realistic. At the end of the day the cops just want the public to think a serious menace has been removed from our society. :p

I just saw it on Channel 10. Seemed to be more then just Batmans. I saw some what looked like green mitsus, D & G's (Damn, I was looking forward to these) as well as some others.

God bless digital telly.

well i wish they were in melb so they were back on the streets soonish haha, i like it how people say this is going cause a serious problem in supply in the market.

jimity.. just remember.. news channels sometimes recycle their old footage if they dont have enough new stuff... so what you saw could have been from a previous bust....

^^It showed the address in Leichhardt with coppers walking out with vaccuum bags of pingers. Then close-ups of the bags.

So I'm guessing it was that raid.

Jimity, im guessing your right.
These are making their way back out onto the street anyway.