• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Party drug claims Victorian Life

RAVE party-goers are using amphetamines to try to kick-start GHB overdose victims out of unconsciousness.

Okay, this may sound Harsh... but I'm a strong believer in Darwin's theory!!!

If you're dumb enough to die. We're probably better off with you out of the Gene pool...

People not researching or even thinkin twice about what their taking is what this is mainly happening too. I believe if someone hasn't even been phased to even find out some information on these drugs than they have sort of caused their own demise...

As if a Drug dealer lets someone take a swig from his GHB... and b/s she *was given speed to get her out of unconciousness*, stupid reporters. How can she snort or swallow... More like, *Im TIRED*, *Here I have some speed here too, wash it down with this 'water'*

I dunno what happened here, but clearly if some more research was done than they may have saved someone here....

When are the police and government going to wake up that HARM MINIMISATION is the way to go? Maybe never. But let's hope soon so these deaths that shouldnt happen stop happening!

SpecTBK=D

a friend took fantasy in water by mistake after dancing next to someone and getting mixed up because she put her bottle on the ground. neverthe less when shit started to go bad the first thing that happened was an ambulance was called and she was taken straight to hospital where she was convulsing etc for some hours. lesson learned always watch your water...

anyways where were this girls friends? im assuming she didnt just take a swig then drop dead on the spot? there must have been some time frame involved here, no one came to look for her or no one went with her? and if they were there who the fuck listens to a dd medical opinion i mean wtf is going on here

Just found this editorial. Otherwise it looks like the barrage of ill-informed, anti-drug rubbish from the Herald Sun has stopped for this week.

Ban killer chemicals
19 Jul 2005

WHAT happened to a 21-year-old woman who died in a teenage drug dealer's car could happen to anyone who takes a mouthful of what is a legally available substance.

In the case of nurse Belinda Davey, she thought she was taking a drink of water after a hard night and following day of raving on ecstasy.

She was dehydrated and in the drug dealer's car to buy more ecstasy tablets so she could keep partying. She fell unconscious and died.

What she drank accidentally from a bottle on the car seat was the dance drug GHB. Some ravers who appreciate gallows humour call it GBH, the police acronym for grievous bodily harm. But it could just as easily have been one of two substances that can be bought legally and which metabolise in the body to have the same effect as the dance drug that kills.

No matter that such chemicals are used as paint stripper and fish tank cleaner and are freely available. The Herald Sun has decided not to name the substances to prevent more ravers from taking them.

However, we call on health ministers to move immediately to either put the substances on a list of drugs prohibited under controlled substances legislation or sold only to licensed users who must prove a legitimate use.

The substances are used in the multi-billion dollar global chemical industry and although one is banned in other countries the other is freely available.

Australia needs to show a lead in saving the lives of young people who have no understanding of the risks they are taking.

It is not enough to expect some young people to take responsibility for themselves. The community at large must take responsibility for them.

From Herald Sun - Editorial

At least this article doesn't fail to acknowledge the point that the death was accidental.

Re: Another related report..

MooShiE said:

Belinda's tragic death is a stark reminder of the dangerous game of Russian roulette being played by thousands of regular ravers and clubbers.

Link

mm well if this is as dangerous as russian roulette shouldnt one in six ravers die, therefore shouldnt thousands of regular ravers and clubbers be dieing, i only read about one.

Re: Another related report..

MooShiE said:
HERALD SUN:

The danger they face is not having any idea what harmful chemicals are in the pills they are popping and liquids they are drinking.

Link

Thats easily fixed - buy a fucking tester, or better still legalize testing and have testing facilities at raves.

hoptis said:
Just found this editorial. Otherwise it looks like the barrage of ill-informed, anti-drug rubbish from the Herald Sun has stopped for this week.

From Herald Sun - Editorial

At least this article doesn't fail to acknowledge the point that the death was accidental.

I was under the impression that both 1,4 but and gbl were illegal in Australia because they're metabolized into ghb in the liver, yet this article claims that they are both 'freely available'. I realise that they have legitimate uses, but from what I have read it seems that both these compounds are illegal in Australia. I thought they were scheduled, especially following the media frenzy over the date rape incidences. Anyone have any information on this?

well maybe they mean freely available as in easy as pie to get. it is illegal for minors to have alchahol but it is still freely available to them.

Dealer 'sold drugs as nurse died'
By Melissa Jenkins
20 Sep 2005

A FORMER soldier continued selling party drugs as a young nurse lay dying of a drug overdose in his car, a Victorian court has been told.

Belinda Maree Davey, 21, was celebrating a friend's 21st birthday party at the Pure Hard Dance rave in Melbourne's CBD on February 19 this year.

She died in a nearby carpark after taking ecstasy and GHB (gamma hydroxybutyrate) supplied by drug dealer Abraham Wong, 28.

Wong pleaded guilty today in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court to eight charges including trafficking GHB and introducing a drug of dependence into the body of another.

Police allege Wong supplied Ms Davey with ecstasy and GHB in the carpark about 12.30pm (AEDT).

Ms Davey went back to Wong's car about an hour later and drank what she thought was water from a bottle – but the liquid was actually clear liquid GHB.

Wong and Ms Davey smoked speed after he realised she had consumed GHB, Wong telling her it would neutralise the effects of GHB.

After Ms Davey lost consciousness he rubbed speed inside her mouth and gums, then continued selling GHB for $2.50 per millilitre to other ravers.

"I believed it (giving her speed) was gonna save her life, improve her condition," he told police.

An off-duty police officer found Ms Davey about 6pm and contacted emergency services but she was unable to be resuscitated.

Wong's barrister Carmen Randazzo, SC, said her client fell into the drugs scene after he injured his achilles tendon and his application to the air force was rejected.

She said Wong became a "born again Christian" the night of Ms Davey's death.

"He made a pact with God on the 19th of February as the ambulance officers and police were attending to Ms Davy," she told the court.

Christian Life Centre member Shannon Riley told the court Wong visited the Burwood church about a week before Ms Davey's overdose.

He said Wong joined the church after Ms Davey's death and now helped lead an introduction to Christianity group.

Mr Riley said Wong was remorseful about Ms Davey's death but now had hope for the future, having found Jesus.

"He was generally upset and concerned and he was praying for her family," Mr Riley told the court. "He has a passion to get to know Jesus Christ".

Magistrate Paresa Spanos said deterrence would be a crucial consideration when sentencing Wong.

"This young woman could probably have been saved but these medical geniuses think they know everything there is to know about drugs," she said.

"They think that they're immortal, they think that they will never die."

She adjourned the matter until October 10.

From Herald Sun

Its all BS heres a chart that shows how many people are dying in the states from drug overdoses yearly...........

Number_of_United_States_Deaths_per_Year.____
________50_percent_of_all___________________
________highway_deaths_and__________________
________65_percent_of_all_murders.__________
CAFFEINE._From_stress,_______1000_to_10,000_
________ulcers_and__________________________
________triggering_irregular________________
________heartbeats,_etc.____________________
________prescribed_or_patent________________
________medicines_and_or_mixing_____________
________with_alcohol,_e.g.__________________
________Valium_and_alcohol._________________
________all_illegal_drugs.__________________

Interesting isnt it.... Fuck the media (especially fox) dont let there lies mislead you.......

"This young woman could probably have been saved but these medical geniuses think they know everything there is to know about drugs," she said.

This quote gave me something to think about, if someone i know accidently ingested G i would've probably been more inclined to get them to have some ice then rush them straight to hospital before i heard this story, unless it was known they had a particularly large amount. If they still passed then obviously alarm bells would go off. I don't know gave me something to think about....

I surprised the club coped so much crap when the drugs weren't even bought on the premises, you wouldn't have to go to a nearby car park to find drugs at most dayclubs (in Sydney atleast).

My guess as to why the dealer might have clear GHB in a water bottle out in the open to fool police.

Amphetamine is not an antidote for 1,4b/GHB, I'm suprised this has proliferated so much. Get an ambulance and maybe they'll learn to stop overdosing on that shit.

Drug deal jailed over nurse's death
November 2, 2005 - 4:27PM

The dealer who sold drugs to Victoria's first fatality of party drug gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) has been jailed for three months.

Twenty-one-year-old nurse Belinda Davey was celebrating a friend's 21st birthday at the club Pure Hard Dance in a laneway off Russell Street in Melbourne on February 19 this year.

She was found dead in drug dealer Welly Wong's car after drinking liquid GHB, also known by the street name Grievous Bodily Harm, believing it was water.

Instead of calling an ambulance, Wong rubbed speed into her gums, mistakenly believing it would be an antidote for the GHB.

The 28-year-old then left Ms Davey and continued to deal drugs.

An off-duty police officer noticed Ms Davey in Wong's car and contacted emergency services but she died 45 minutes later.

Wong pleaded guilty in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court to eight charges including possessing, using and trafficking drugs and administering a drug of dependence to another person.

During his pre-sentence hearing, character witnesses from the Christian Life Centre church gave evidence Wong was now a Christian who prayed for Ms Davey every day.

Today, Magistrate Paresa Spanos said deterring other young ravers and drug dealers was the most important consideration she had when punishing Wong.

"The sentence that I impose must above all convey the clear message that the sale and administration of (illicit drugs) is dangerous, illegal and will not be condoned," she said.

Ms Spanos sentenced Wong to three months jail, fined him $500 and ordered him to pay an additional $200 to the court fund.

- AAP

From The Age

THREE MONTHS?

Thats ridiculous.
he leaves someone to die in his car and thats all he gets?

"Then she met a bloke she was very keen on. He was a regular drug user, particularly ecstasy."

He ditched her just before Christmas last year, telling her that she was not cool as she didn't use drugs.

"Belinda was really cut up about it, feeling the main reason he dumped her was because she wouldn't become part of the supposedly cool set and take party drugs to enhance the dance experience," her father said.

"Her friends have told me she confessed to having had her first ecstasy tablet in mid-January. She explained to them that she tried it because she wanted to be accepted by the dance crowd. She wanted to be one of them.

Seriously, I hope the media is making this stuff up. Who the fuck says that shit?

Guy - "Yeah sorry babe, you don't do drug's so I don't want to be with you".

What type of girl would put up with that shit? He must not like her for being her, like you would be upset? Then, ooh, I'll be 'accepted' if I take drugs, I'll be one of 'them'.

Get fucked.

^^^^^^^^

Who knows dude, there are same pretty rank people out there. I wouldnt be suprised if this was said.

^ From Aus Social:
I ask this question because i have found that myself and my bf like to meet new people now really only if they do drugs. I mean we aren't against people who don't and we both still have friends that don't. But just noticed we like meeting people who do what we do, we find them more easy going, outgoing and really friendly and you can always bet that they won't just get too drunk and go home.
For some unknown reason we feel so much closer to people who take illegal substances.
So i was wondering is this the same for anyone else?
Do you find yourself starting friendships with people who take or not?
Do you get along better with friends who take or not?
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=227352

BT ;)

that's a pretty weak sentence considering he knew she was in danger of dying. the moral is... christians do it easier :\

Drug dealer abandons appeal
Christine Caulfield
03 Mar 2006

A REMORSEFUL drug dealer who left an overdose victim to die told a court yesterday he wanted to serve his time behind bars.

Born-again Christian Abraham Wong was locked up last night after abandoning his appeal against a six-month sentence handed down last year.

Wong, 28, who was out on bail pending the outcome of the appeal, must serve a minimum of three months in jail.

The County Court was told Wong had mended his ways, found God, and stopped dealing drugs after his stash of GHB killed partygoer Belinda Davey in February last year.

Ms Davey, 21, was in Wong's car buying ecstasy when she mistook a bottle of the party drug for water, drank it and passed out.

In the mistaken belief he could reverse the effects, Wong rubbed a gram of speed into the gums of the woman as she lay comatose in the front seat.

He then left her for dead while he continued to deal drugs to partygoers near the Pure Hard Dance club in the CBD.

Ms Davey -- the first GHB fatality in Victoria -- was found slumped in the car by an off-duty police officer and pronounced dead 45 minutes later.

Wong pleaded guilty to charges of possessing, using and trafficking drugs, and administering a drug of dependence to another person.

Magistrate Paresa Spanos said Ms Davey, a nurse, might have been saved had she received treatment in time.

Wong was sentenced last November but immediately lodged a notice of appeal.

Defence lawyer Kevin Doyle told County Court Judge Tom Wodak yesterday his client had since had a change of heart.

He said Wong had decided to serve his time to give "comfort" to the victim's family after consulting with members of his church group.

"He has come to the view . . . that he doesn't feel the effective three-month sentence was excessive," Mr Doyle said.

Judge Wodak agreed it was in the interests of justice to allow Wong to abandon his appeal.

He will be eligible for parole in three months.

From Herald Sun