• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Party drug claims Victorian Life

They must have been great friends in her presence when she was in trouble.People need to be educated what to do when things go bad.

I want to know if she had Alcohol in her system. Sounds like that was the real killer

Once again The Herald Scum and AM talkback radio are on the warpath with a lack of understanding and no evidence just opinion to back them up. I really feel for Belinda's parents it would be the worst feeling when one of your children die, but where the media have a chance of education and harm reduction they instead go of on one of there crusades about the evils ecstasy and the "Scene". I would not touch GHB but thats my opinion but I am sick of the rubbish on talkback radio about how dirty bikie's are making pills and we have no idea whats in them, this is true in some case's but they choose to ignore that test kits are availble and sites like these are about to help. Be carefull peoples and do ya research : ) Peace LOve and Mungbeans

I dont believe you can take a swig of 99% 1,4b without knowing. It is think and viscous. Like a thick oil. If it had been 99% then it would have probably frozen over night and had chunks of ice in it too.

I still stand by that she went out had a massive night including drinks. Then had some G accidently or not and then had a nice nap for ever.

The truth is we will never ever know what really happened. But we will feel the effects of the bullshit caused by this for a long time to come.

It makes me sad that ppl will read this shit and take every word like the fucking bible, it's bullshit.

Just like anna woods they assume that she was little miss innocent and she only had drugs once or twice and only had one pill.

You dont go out all night and then to a day club and only have 1 pill or a little bit of g :\

ppl need to be educated and not just kids, parents need to know that if you use harmreduction messures to the fullest it's no more risk that getting pissed, passing out and choking on your own vomit :\

:| EDUCATION IS THE KEY :|

Last edited:
I dont believe you can take a swig of 99% 1,4b without knowing.

Well, if you do take a swig of 1,4 or GHB, and realize it wasn't water, would you necessarily do anything about it? This story is similar to something that happened at a party here some time ago. You can read about it in the link below. Read the followup a few posts down and you'll realize that this guy did just that; he was dancing, got thirsty, turned to the bench and spied a bottle of what he though contained water, then gulped it down before realizing that it was something other than what he expected.

It can happen, and depending upon whether or not you know the taste of G or 1,4, you might not react right away. In this case the guy thought it was some weird alcohol drink and didn't do anything until he was outside being sick. That was the last thing he remembered.

G-OD = CPR

Put it this way, if I was to ever come across an unlabeled or un coloured bottle of G sitting around or unattended, I'd tip it out without hesitation - regardless of who owned it, and the trouble that in turn might cause. It's fuckin dangerous in this form, and quite able to cause death to some unsuspecting, thirsty party person. If you think otherwise, then it's time you woke the fuck up!

WHY is this happening now, when the death happened back n feburary.

Well this is my Theory: PHD recently moved into a club (F4) in athe swanky area of little collins st. The locals where less than impressed at a bunchof spotty kids in fluro phatties happening around scaring customers. PHD only last one week at that venue. they recived nurmerous complaints from the store owners and the council resorted to threatening a $125,000 if the club reopened. i think PHD accidentally made some deadly enimies moving into that area, who are resorting to some very low tactics to attack them. PHD only open once in that area, they then issued information to ask thier patrons to move from teh area quickly to avoid difficuties.

ALSO PHD is one of the clubs in melbourne with ANTI G badges and information. unfortuntaly u can't drug screen people as they enter your establishment.

cheers

fuz

^^ good second post, thanx for your contribution, makes sense to me, you might be on the money with this one :\

well think about it

they never name the first club she attended. they only named phd.

i think they have been unfairly names and targeted. unlessu didn't see the article where a reporter went into PHD just to get some dirt. i am more than happy to get the link.

so firstly u have an four month old OD being dregged up, two weeks after a run in with the law. add to that only PHD was mentioned out of the clubs she went to. there is no mention of PHD's no G policy. thewhole article is dedicated to slandering PHD and also includes specific addresses both past and present, EXCEPT the f4 address!!. so i just get the feeling that someone has done thier research invloving "only" this club shortly after thier move and all this comes to light when the more affleunt people in society are affected.

Also, there is no mention of Brendan's and Jill's anti drug stance (they are the owners), and the effort that jill has gone to to assist people in getting clean.

Last edited:
^^Can't argue with that dude, even if phd wasn't targeted deliberately (which I also think they were) it's still unfair that they were one of the only club mentioned (and the main one) and also the fact that they didn't mention the no g policy was just plain unfair :\

Last edited:
"Belinda came home to change into her dance gear after the 21st and headed off to the Palace complex in St Kilda," her father said.

Bass (Base) and 3D are both mentioned in the articles.

firstly you quote mentions the palace not bass. secondly the other clubs are only are only mentioned in passing. three they did not give this level of detail for the other clubs eg "PHD was based at the Altitude Bar in a lane off Russell St at the time, but now operates out of the ScuBar at 389 Lonsdale St." which is unnessecery. read here http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15961849%5E2862,00.html for a detail and "unbaised" opinion on what happens at PHD. All this four months after an OD.

You will note that "PHD" is mentioned 8times. The whole approach of the insight seems to be GHB. hmmmmm, for some reason GHB is suspicously missing from this report.

It opens at 7.30am in the heart of Melbourne -- only on Saturdays -- and pumps music till 5pm.

Nurse Belinda Davey, 21, walked out of PHD about lunchtime to buy drugs from a dealer known to operate from a nearby carpark.

She intended going back into PHD, but died of a drug overdose before she could return.

PHD was based at the Altitude Bar in a lane off Russell St at the time, but now operates out of the ScuBar at 389 Lonsdale St.

The Herald Sun recently paid PHD a visit.

For just $12, the event provides Melbourne's rave scene with a venue to keep on going after a Friday night out.

Some have been going for days. One girl said: "I don't know why I'm so fresh, I haven't slept since Wednesday."

She said she had taken "whiz", one of many names for the amphetamine-based drug speed.

Most have been at clubs like 3D and Base, known for their hard dance music. These people are ravers, fans of dance music and the stimulant drugs that go with them.

Bright orange netting, disco balls and a flashing green light decorate the dark basement at PHD.

Everybody is dressed in fluoro colours, wearing flared pants with reflectors, brightly coloured fake fur, visors and hooded tops.

The girls wear colourful plastic bangles.

The crowd at PHD is young. We talk to a group of 17-year-old boys, who are in Year 12 and living with their parents in wealthy, inner-city suburbs.

They used fake IDs to get into PHD. And they seem to be the average age. Some patrons we speak to are happy to tell us they are only 15.

Although it is called a recovery party, few of the 200 in attendance appear to be there to wind down.

The crowd is on the dance floor "shuffling", a type of dance that involves fast head and hand movements to the beat.

Everybody is in their own space and facing the same direction towards the DJ and the green light. Glow sticks and flashing lights are accessories on the dance floor.

There is no obvious sign of drugs, but many are discussing what they have taken and we are offered "biccies", another name for ecstasy.

Some boys are talking about the steroids they are using and how it has helped them in their gym pursuits. Another is sniffing from a tube. A girl in the bathroom is trembling and unresponsive.

The bar staff are not busy. Very few patrons are drinking alcohol.

But most have a bottle of water. At $3.50 for a 350ml bottle, it is expensive -- but essential for those on high energy drugs. Other than a plate of bananas for VIPs, there is no food.

Promoters wander the club selling cheap tickets to an event happening that night.

PHD appears to be a bridging event to fill time between Friday and Saturday nights. Something to do during the day while the drugs are still effective.

the funniest thing in thie report is how they describe the melbourne shuffe "The crowd is on the dance floor "shuffling", a type of dance that involves fast head and hand movements to the beat." that sounds like muzza dancing to me, hehehehe.

Last edited:
I find it also funny, that she died in february!

This has come about because there hasn't been any major beat up of drugs in society by the media in about 6 months. So it's time for drugs to come back into the spot light. By the end of next week it will all be over for about another 6 months.

Yes, Belinda did die in February, but in case you forgot, February was when he Herald sun put all their efforts into their story on Bass Station carpark. They were a bit too busy to bring it up then, i think they may have brought it up now, because, as it said on the news, someone has been charged in relation to the death.
And yes, Belinda did not know she was drinking G, she had about 15mL concentrate, even if the people standing around her had called an ambulance, she would have died. :\ and no, she had not been drinking alcohol.

You gotta also remember that the so-called "No G policy" which is referred to above would be seen as kind of a futile joke by most people reading the paper, considering that the OFFICIAL policy most night and day clubs is that "NO DRUGS or intoxicated persons are permitted on the premises"...

The reality is whilst people are behaving themselves, the majority turn a blind eye to the No Drugs policy in the name of a good night. If you're not hurting anyone (including yourself) then who cares whether you got drunk or had a pill or a line in the car before you went into a club. Any policy the patrons and promoters of this club have tried to implement in order to blackban the "BAD" drugs, but still turn a blind eye to the "GOOD" drugs which don't cause people to pass out inside is not going to be anywhere near enough to satisfy the wider community, or the law. The 'investigative' aspect of the article (and I use that term loosely) is simply to turn no such blind eye to drug use in day clubs, and points out the obvious.

BigTrancer :)

how many people died from alcohol that night,
died in car accidents, or from the common cold that night?

oh wait.. i did not read about them in the paper.. :(

Her parents said "if she didnt take ecstacy then she would still be alive"?? Just because someone took xtc doesnt mean it lead their to a path of destruction. Most likely this death was from an open mind and an over willingness to explore which lead to negligence on their behalf, god bless 'em. Simply put, exploration is a path, xtc is simply a branch upon that; one that is well below that of GBH IMO.

"Happiness
More or less
It's just a change in me
Something in my liberty"

peace.

Last edited: