• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: NineMSN - 11/4/09 '26 Overdose at Melbourne Party'

Yeah I'm worried about how this will affect the Perth show tomorrow :(. Also hopefully it doesn't deter ID&T from putting on more parties here in the future...

People need to invest in plungers and learn not to push their limits, seriously.
Makes people like me look bad. I've never ever even gotten close to blowing out.

some of the people who use g, dont know enough about the drug and how much to take at a safe level, as we all know it doesnt take much to blow out.

People really need to learn that G isn't like pills or meth where you can repeatedly redose and generally get enough negative effects to stop before you get in real trouble. These idiots I bet aren't even measuring their doses accurately.
The fact there was no police presence to speak of and this many OD's means it is likely in future police presence will be increased at events like this.
Also it is funny how most anti G articles call it "Grevious Bodily Harm", I have never known anybody who used the stuff to call it that. Just another scare tactic. Also funny how I have never ever seen it mentioned that it occurs naturally in the human body.

yeh it comes down to people arnt educated about the drug enough, I personally dont do it anymore as my last dose was a scary night and never wont to go there again though that was due to stupidity and thinking my body could handle more but just like these people in some cases you do have to learn the hard way n for fk sake use plungers.

friggen g-heads strike again. i suppose it is typical of the PHD-esque crowd these events attract. don't get me wrong, i like my gina, but it needs to be appropriate to the surrounds. i can't imagine any way of enjoying myself, in the freezing cold, stuck out at calder park, blowing out on g.

Trance Energy is a trance event, completely different crowd to the 'PHD-esque crowd' you're referring to.

Ravers aren't the only ones who take lots of drugs :|

Pretty sure that was on today in Perth @ the Belvoir ampitheatre.. not too far from me, shame i missed out though... what was it like anyone?!?!

:D

26 people overdosed?

thats a load of shit.
there was at least double that amount at trance energy.
i have never seen so many blowouts at an event.

me and my housemate and some random raver guy called tim were over having a chat by the judgement stage, where the water thingy was.
and theres this muzz blowing out harder than i've ever seen anyone blow out ever before.

and his mates, rather than getting medical attention for him
decide that they should start slapping and backhanding him to the face to wake him up.
this went on for a while.

i think somebody passing by reported it to the guys in the medical tent,
about 5 mins later they come over with a wheelchair.

the fuckwit muzzas wouldnt let the medical staff take him away, they argued for a little bit, finally the medical staff gave up and walked away empty handed, and his friends continued to backhand him... and i mean fucking hard too,
one slap hit him so hard i could hear the thud, and it sent the back of his head into the fence, probably concussing him.
and then they'd pour water all over him.
this went on for a good 20 minutes or so

they then tried to carry him off, without any luck and he fell back down.

and as far as the comment about trance energy being like a phd crowd? the event was full of muzzas. probably 200 ravers tops.
which i'll show you a photo or two i took to prove.
and coincidentally. not one of the blow outs i saw was wearing phatties or reflective gear.
the first one i saw at about 1pm looked like a nu raver hardstyle kiddie, but he was just wearing jeans and no top and was still semi conscious, vomiting and once again.. received no medical attention

i was suprised by the lack of police and sniffer dogs, in fact i dont remember seeing any police inside at all. only cops i saw were parked out on the calder fwy as we were leaving hopefully catching the idiots drug/drunk driving.

Muzz Crowd @ Main Stage
....just like the crowd @ muzzadayze / gods/wogs kitchen / defcon etc. :(

Muzz Crowd @ Judgement Stage
theres probably about 3 ravers in this photo?

This is why I prefer night events...don't have to see the trash that these events attract.

I went to the Perth Trance Energy yesterday. I was happy to see that everyone was generally on their best behaviour.

There was one sniffer dog and a few Police on the door, and a few teams of Police roaming around the event. Probably a few undercovers as well but I didn't see anyone that looked obvious. That didn't deter too many people as there was still plenty of obvious MDMA intoxication, but I didn't see any mention of G.

I saw an article in today's West Australian that mentioned that 26 people were charged with drug possession. 15 Ecstasy, 4 Cannabis, 3 GHB, 1 LSD, and 1 Dexamphetamine I think. The charges relating to two people may be upgraded to intent to sell and supply. Consequently the article was only a few paragraphs long and was a few pages in. I am going to take this as a win for the drug users of Perth as both the media and the Police were expecting something on par with that of Melbourne, yet we didn't give them the satisfaction.

Perth drug users have really been feeling the heat since the election of the Barnett Government. If we are vigilant we can beat them at their own game. That means that everyone needs to take it on themselves to practice the appropriate harm minimisation strategies where ever possible and do what ever it takes to stay under the radar of the Police.

This is a war on drugs and our enemy are the right wing conservatives. When we mess up like at the Melbourne event we are just giving them ammunition for their propaganda machine to further push their facist agendas.

One interesting thing that I noted from the WA Police on this one was that despite an obvious presence at the start of the event, there were no drug or booze busses to be seen on the roads leading out from the event. This despite the large number of drug affected drivers that would have been using those roads to get home. Seems to me that they are sending a message that they are only interested in catching people for possession to get news headlines, but are not interested in the safety of the wider community by keeping these people off the roads. I also got this message from them at previous events where their sniffer dogs were targeting those doing the right thing and using public transport to get to the event.

The other day I heard Police commissioner Carl O'Callaghan on the radio commenting that he acknowledges the fact that many young people do not respect the Police, and he would like to see efforts from both parties to improve relations. My question to him is how does he expect to achieve this when he is wasting Police resources to make criminals out of other wise law abiding citizens just to get a few news headlines?

This is why I prefer night events...don't have to see the trash that these events attract.

well thankfully it got dark around 6pm or so... and the last 4 hours. i left at 10 were alright.
then you couldn't see so much of the human filth that was in attendance.

main stage @ night

main stage @ night #2

i agree 100%... night events are so much better. especially with a head full of lsd, you need the lasers!!!
and the other thing, people look a lot less ugly when you cant see em :p

it's sad to say, as much as i loved the music.
it was immaculate!

this was one of the worst events i've ever been to.

based on the crowd (ive never been to a dance party with such a disconnected vibe coming from it, you can tell noone is getting good high dose mdxx pills anymore. not to mention the amount of angry muzz there =( )

and the venue itself. (walking around for 10-11 hours on asphalt... my legs are still fuckin hurting)

and the fact it was held during the day time.... in a word. gay.

most of all it was the crowd that killed it for me. i honestly expected it to be different, kinda like the crowd that PvD drew back @ metro in 07.
didnt think it was gonna be summadayze all over again.

based on the crowd (ive never been to a dance party with such a disconnected vibe coming from it, you can tell noone is getting good high dose mdxx pills anymore. not to mention the amount of angry muzz there =( )

i guess that goes to show that so much of the electronic music scene is just based on drugs. take away the drugs and no one has fun anymore? i guess it depends on the style.. rave and trance seem to be just filled with people there for the drugs and not much else, but on the other hand styles like minimal/tech the people who go tend to be more interested in the artists and music..

i guess that goes to show that so much of the electronic music scene is just based on drugs. take away the drugs and no one has fun anymore? i guess it depends on the style.. rave and trance seem to be just filled with people there for the drugs and not much else, but on the other hand styles like minimal/tech the people who go tend to be more interested in the artists and music..

That's bullshit. Music and substance use have always gone together, and electronic music especially so, since dance music is party music, and partying involves altered states of consciousness for most people.

Every scene has it's fair share, you go to a house club and there's pills all over and alcohol flows freely, you go to a doof and everyone is tripping balls and exploring some innerspace, you go to a techno party and there's K and coke all over, and of course the trance scene and the hard dance scene have their share of almost every substance imaginable. No scene is exempt, there isn't any genre where everybody goes to the parties just to dance and talk about music and not to get messed up and experience things on another level somewhat.

It's funny because I frequant a large trance forum, and over there every time there's a thread about hardstyle parties or GHB use, it's always 'fucking dirty scummy hardstyle ravers ruining dance music for the rest of us.,' people acting as if the entire trance scene is just people going out to dance along and get high on life. Yet trance energy comes along, 100% trance, and it destroys the record for the most hospital visits from GHB use (never mind that trance has always been the genre most strongly associated with ecstasy use).

This shit isn't genre specific, it isn't something that only one subculture within the scene takes part in, it's a universal problem, and being elitist and divisive as if certain genres or subcultures are above it all doesn't help the problem.

I had such a fantastic time at Trance Energy :D The Perth crowd really made it for me, since the venue was a bit out of the way and it was trance-only, I think alot of people who weren't really into the music stayed at home. Didn't see any trouble go down all day. I actually said to some people, 'I imagine this is what raving was like before my time :D'

As for the police presence, wow, the place was swarming with them. Apparantly undercovers were around, but, how would ya know? ;). When I arrove there were several dogs and I saw someone get sniffed out. I also saw cops randomly search people once they were already in the venue! Never seen that before.

I'm not sure if it was just me, but, as soon as I arrived I saw a shitload of cops/dogs, but no drug bins? If they were there, they weren't obvious, and they definitely weren't far away from the police to be used.

and as far as the comment about trance energy being like a phd crowd? the event was full of muzzas. probably 200 ravers tops.

i was just merely commenting on the reputation PHD has...it is notoriously associated with a g-taking crowd - however accurate that perception may or may not be. the few times i have been there, there has also been quite an ethnic crowd at the venue. so that was the point i was getting at.

did anyone catch the news report about the 15-strong brawl that happened in geddes lane in the melb CBD over the weekend? apparently there were machetes and shit involved...and a security guard's thumb got severed off.

there's only one venue i can think of that would be open at 9:30am on geddes lane on a weekend... although the report deliberately makes no mention of it. scary.

yeah the perth trance energy had the drug disposal bins around.
anyone know how many people got taken to hospital or arrested at the perth event?

i was just merely commenting on the reputation PHD has...it is notoriously associated with a g-taking crowd - however accurate that perception may or may not be. the few times i have been there, there has also been quite an ethnic crowd at the venue. so that was the point i was getting at.

did anyone catch the news report about the 15-strong brawl that happened in geddes lane in the melb CBD over the weekend? apparently there were machetes and shit involved...and a security guard's thumb got severed off.

there's only one venue i can think of that would be open at 9:30am on geddes lane on a weekend... although the report deliberately makes no mention of it. scary.

i didn't see the news
but i did hear that the owners were cancelling muzza sundaiz @ phd.
and considering that saturday phd isn't a morning club anymore, it's a nightclub.

i didn't realise exactly what caused it, just a few angry bulletins from friends of mine on myspace.
pretty sad really.

more and more people are being drawn into g use, and thats fine. but noone does it safely. i saw someone pouring water into a vial to get the last bits out on the weekend. how fucking stupid would you have to be?

i don't know if it's because g is so cheap
or whether it's because of the shitful quality of other "rave" drugs.
but whatever it is needs to stop. x-qlusive was supposed to be our final warning, one more blow out at an event and noone would get licensing in melbourne.

i think it's time to admit, the rave scene is dead.
there is no PLUR
it's all gone to shit. at least i got to enjoy it for the past 8 or so years since my first earthcore.

---------------
edit
---------------
went searching for the news article about the brawl
found 2 things.

1st of all a video of the fight
it's definitely muzza sundaiz @ phd

http://player.video.news.com.au/heraldsun/#PVhwaFlf6xc7ZDEZFLuIROVAZVgPDBZM

and for those who like reading. heres the article
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,,25330451-2862,00.html

Last edited:
i think it's time to admit, the rave scene is dead.
there is no PLUR
it's all gone to shit. at least i got to enjoy it for the past 8 or so years since my first earthcore.

Yeah man I can imagine it sucks, I really feel for the melbourne rave scene. It must be horrible for those who are responsible about their substance use to have their scene destroyed by reckless wankers. I'd be devestated if I saw that happening in the scene here. You guys have already lost Kryal and any future QDance events, and I can only imagine it will get worse, if Trance Energy is anything to go by.

Though I have to wonder why there is such a culture of destructive GHB abuse in melbourne. Here in Adelaide the stuff is rare as hell, people know what it is, but I've only encountered the drug or users of it a handful of times after nearly 2 years as a regular in the rave scene here. Likewise in brisbane it seemed almost nonexistant, and I don't know about Sydney, but from what I hear the scene there is thriving and there isn't any kind of mass media panic about GHB as there is in Melbourne. What is it about melbourne that caused things to get into the state they did?

That's bullshit. Music and substance use have always gone together, and electronic music especially so, since dance music is party music, and partying involves altered states of consciousness for most people.

Every scene has it's fair share, you go to a house club and there's pills all over and alcohol flows freely, you go to a doof and everyone is tripping balls and exploring some innerspace, you go to a techno party and there's K and coke all over, and of course the trance scene and the hard dance scene have their share of almost every substance imaginable. No scene is exempt, there isn't any genre where everybody goes to the parties just to dance and talk about music and not to get messed up and experience things on another level somewhat.

It's funny because I frequant a large trance forum, and over there every time there's a thread about hardstyle parties or GHB use, it's always 'fucking dirty scummy hardstyle ravers ruining dance music for the rest of us.,' people acting as if the entire trance scene is just people going out to dance along and get high on life. Yet trance energy comes along, 100% trance, and it destroys the record for the most hospital visits from GHB use (never mind that trance has always been the genre most strongly associated with ecstasy use).

This shit isn't genre specific, it isn't something that only one subculture within the scene takes part in, it's a universal problem, and being elitist and divisive as if certain genres or subcultures are above it all doesn't help the problem.

my point was, to equate the fact that the dancefloor wasn't connecting or didn't have a good vibe with the fact there isn't many high strength mdma pills going around at the moment is a pretty sad reflection on the scene. sure there are people in every genre who get fucked up on drugs, but my point was that there are some genres more then others where people go *just* for the drugs and can't have a good time without them, and don't really give a fuck about the tunes or whose playing