Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: News.com.au - Rave club rape

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Jail for raping woman in front of mates
AAP
October 27, 2008 11:34am

A MAN has been jailed for eight years for raping an unconscious woman who woke to find him on top of her and his mates laughing and jeering.

The Victorian County Court was told Mohammad Khan, 28, met the woman at the 3D nightclub in central Melbourne on December 9, 2006.

The woman had been drinking and had taken ecstasy during the night when she met a group of men in the club linked to Khan, the court was told.

She was described by witnesses as being happy and alert before she awoke about 5.30am the next day in an alley to find a man on top of her assaulting her.

The court was told two or three other males were watching and "laughing and jeering," Judge John Smallwood said.

Judge Smallwood said the woman felt bewildered and believed she had been drugged.

She yelled at the man to get off her.

A jury earlier rejected Khan's contention that the woman agreed to sex, and found him guilty of one count of rape.
Related Coverage

Judge Smallwood said Khan had taken advantage of a woman in a helpless and vulnerable situation.

While he accepted that Khan had fallen into the drug and rave scene, he said he was clearly intelligent and would have been aware that what he was doing was wrong.

He ordered Khan serve at least 5½ years' jail.

News.com.au

I wonder what happened to his dog mates who were laughing and cheering him on , surely they are responsible as well & should be sharing a cell with him ?

i wonder if his mates are still "laughing and jeering" about his prison sentence.

fucking disrespectful dogs.

Laughing, jeering mates stood by as man raped woman
October 28, 2008 12:00am

A MELBOURNE man has been jailed for more than five years for raping an unconscious woman while his mates laughed and jeered.

The Victorian County Court was told Mohammad Khan, 28, met the woman at the 3D nightclub in central Melbourne on December 9, 2006.

The woman was drinking alcohol and had taken ecstasy during the night when at some stage she met a group of men in the club linked to Khan, the court heard.

She was described by witnesses as being happy and alert before she awoke about 5.30am the next day in an alleyway to find a man on top of her, assaulting her. The court was told two or three other males were watching, and "laughing and jeering", Judge John Smallwood said.

Judge Smallwood said the woman felt bewildered after having been unconscious for some time and believed she had been drugged.

She yelled at the man to get off her.

A jury earlier rejected Khan's contention that the woman agreed to sex and found him guilty of one count of rape.

Judge Smallwood said Khan had taken gross advantage of a female in a helpless and vulnerable situation.

He said the woman would have woken to, in her mind, the belief she had been violated by a number of men.

Judge Smallwood said a significant jail term was the only option for the attack, which had left the victim devastated. The court was told Khan began using ecstasy at the age of 22 and became involved in the rave club scene, taking two to three tablets every second week.

It was told Khan, who grew up in Qatar, came from a strict culture where drugs were not tolerated.

Judge Smallwood accepted Khan had fallen into the drug and rave scene, but he said he was clearly intelligent and would have been aware of his wrongdoings.

He sentenced Khan -- who had no previous convictions -- to eight years' jail, with a minimum 5 1/2 years. AAP

Herald Sun

Why is "falling into the drug and rave" scene being used as some sort of defence for his actions? Ridiculous.

Since when does falling into any scene let alone the rave scene alow you to rape someone who is unconscious. What a piece of shit. Hopefully falling into the "prison scene" he may get a bit back of what he gave.

This is awful, I feel for this girl, it seems that alot of guys would do this given the chance and it repulses me. Some people just need to be shot.

It just goes to show that not eveyone at a rave is there to dance, hug and celebrate life.

Hoptis said:
Why is "falling into the drug and rave" scene being used as some sort of defence for his actions? Ridiculous.

Agreed. :\

At least the judge didn't seem to take it that seriously from the impression I got in the articles.

I think its more that 'falling into the rave scene' was his only defence for raping the girl (cause lets face it, he has no real defence so he made up some bullshit one), and so the judge is simply acknowledging his defence in his closing statement as is the custom, but it wouldn't really have made any difference to the length of his jail term.

Some people are pure bastards and tAKE THE OPPORTUNITY when it comes to them....... we should all serve this as a reminder to look after ourselves.... especially when we are out and about.... you never know when the bastard will attack..

8 years? thats seems ridiculously low, especially if he only serves the 5.5 recomended by the judge

My guess is its lower in this case because he didn't plan it, he just saw her when she was unconscious (I obviously don't think that that is in any way an excuse)

^ +1 on both points, probably because it wasn't premeditated but in my book there is no difference. :\

In terms of the law, there is a huge difference. You can not plead insanity if it was premeditated. You can not blame drugs either if it was premeditated... you can see where this is going.

permastoned said:
My guess is its lower in this case because he didn't plan it, he just saw her when she was unconscious (I obviously don't think that that is in any way an excuse)

As somebody who was there on the night in question, I don't believe for a second that he hadn't planned it. He was watching her intently before the rape.
And, as far as my friends and I have managed to piece together, it happened the moment we got seperated.

Just glad he got what he deserved.......scratch that, some of what he deserves.

3D is a shitful place.
its not suprising really.

a whole bunch of dodgy fuckers sitting round. not a good atmosphere.

the penalties for rape in this country really need to be reviewed. he's basically given that girl emotional scarring that will stay with her for the rest of her life.

and he's going to only serve 5 and a half years.

hopefully someone in jail decides to scar him for life in a much more brutal fashion. this sort of shit makes me sick.

I always thought a good punishment for such a crime would be to cut of his dick. It would stop him doing it again anyway...

nabollocks said:
I always thought a good punishment for such a crime would be to cut of his dick. It would stop him doing it again anyway...

i've had that discussion with some friends before.
but the type of person that would do that to another human. they'd be deriving pleasure not from the act itself, but from the wrongness and sickness of it all.

so they may not have a penis. but nothings stopping them from using objects, fingers, wine bottles, watermelons, inanimate objects of any kind really, to acheive the same painful amount of damage, humiliation and scarring to the other person...

i've come to believe, with rapists, its not about the sexual pleasure they get from doing it, more so the violation. and the power it exhibits upon another person.

it's a real shame theres not much that can actually be done to rehabilitate that kind of person.
when a person has that type of mindset, psychiatric help will do very little.
and locking them away is only going to bottle up those urges, until they explode out once they are released.

there needs to be some kind of pharmaceutical type medication that these people can be force fed / forcefully injected which will repress such urges, and kill of their sex drive completely.

but most importantly. how does Khan's ecstasy use in any way justify or lead to him raping a defenceless young woman.

i've been using ecstasy for 6 years (among many other things), and i would never do something like that.
regardless of what drugs he's taken, i'd say the rapist inside him was more a product of a bad/traumatic upbringing. or maybe even an upbringing in which his male role model's have imposed a negative view towards the rights of women.