• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: news.com.au 3/3/07 - Police plan to sniff out drugs (Mardi Gras/PMA)

Doooofus

Bluelighter
Police plan to sniff out drugs

March 03, 2007 04:44pm
Article from: AAP

MORE than 100 police aided by sniffer dogs will crack down on illegal drug use at tonight's Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. Tens of thousands of spectators are expected to enjoy the parade, which begins at 7.45pm (AEDT) at the corner of Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, in central Sydney, before making its way along the city's iconic gay stretch of Oxford and Flinders streets.

Surry Hills local area commander, Superintendent Daryl Donnolley, today warned police would be targeting anyone possessing or supplying illicit substances. "I want to make the message very very clear, I will not tolerate the possession or supply of illegal drugs in the city or in this community," Supt Donnolley said. "I will use use every resource, including sniffer dogs ... at my command to detect those who come into the city to spoil this parade by supplying illegal drugs."

Police repeated their warning about PMA or Paramethoxyamphetamine - a highly toxic amphetamine, commonly passed off as ecstasy - following the seizure of 221 tablets in Surry Hills yesterday which they believe could be PMA. "That substance is highly toxic, it's a hallucinogenic form of methylamphetamine, and is highly dangerous," Supt Donnolley said. "What I'm saying to people out there is if they see those tablets do not take them, for God's sake. You're putting your life at risk.''

Supt Donnolley also reminded people to wear appropriate footwear, keep hydrated in the warm weather and look after themselves. "What we're encouraging is people to come in and enjoy themselves for the Mardi Gras, have fun, but do so in a sensible and well-behaved manner," he said. "Hopefully everyone has a great night and goes home safe.''

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21318485-1702,00.html

Edit: Added link.

Last edited:
Is there a picture of a pill in that paper what he referenced to. Is it the ohm ?

The report says nothing, it seems to quote what he (Supt Donnolley) said on TV where he didn't mention any specific pills either. I would suggest that perhaps they believed the seized pills were PMA due to them having the ohm/omega press.

The problem with their warning about not to take the tablets is that they have cried wolf too many fucking times.

How would anyone know to believe it or not?.. A hallucinogenic form hey?

Fuck me. These people are dumb as oxes. THE GOVERNMENT AND POLICE HAVE CRIED WOLF TOO MANY TIMES, ITS TOO LATE NOW!!

I guess they're figuring that if they don't name the pill logo, then people will be scared out of taking any ecstasy pills... when I think the opposite will be true, people will figure that the odds of their press being the one with PMA is worth the risk of taking it. Where's the harm reduction, fuckers?

stealthtrucker said:
Fuck me. These people are dumb as oxes. THE GOVERNMENT AND POLICE HAVE CRIED WOLF TOO MANY TIMES, ITS TOO LATE NOW!!

Sad but true..

Ecstasy spoiling the party? What about the alcohol that will flood the streets?

Mardi Gras marchers well behaved
March 04, 2007 08:56am

POLICE have praised the behaviour of most revellers at this year's Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, with officers making just 11 arrests.

Those charged will face a range of offences including affray, assault police, possessing prohibited drugs, assault and resisting arrest.

Operation Commander Assistant Commissioner Garry Dobson said police were pleased with the behaviour of the majority of spectators.

"However, we are concerned about the level of alcohol consumption along the parade route which might have been the catalyst for a number of incidents, such as one in which three males were taken into custody after they threw bottles into the crowd," he said.

"During the night, ambulance officers treated and transported people for lacerations, collapse and other possible after-effects of intoxication," said Mr Dobson.

A 20-year-old woman was charged with assault after an incident in Liverpool Street, and a 17-year-old girl was charged with assaulting police and resisting arrest, as well as three outstanding warrants.

The use of drug detector dogs led to the arrest and charging of a 37-year-old woman for the alleged supply of a prohibited drug.

Twenty-three people were issued with field court attendance notices for the possession of a prohibited drug, with 15 cautions were issued for the use of cannabis.

AdelaideNow

Didn't see a single sniffer dog out that night. Where the hell were they? However, a shitload of alcohol would have been consumed as every ten minutes within a few hours of the parade I'd see someone vomiting or passing out on the streets. Terrible.