• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: News.com.au - 28/07/08 'Meet our supermarket junkies'

Doctor War said:
AFAIK; whilst codeine is a prodrug of morphine, that's not what's responsible for its primary effects. Roughly 5-10% of codeine will be converted to morphine, with the remainder either free, conjugated to form codeine-6-glucuronide (~70, or converted to norcodeine (~10 and hydromorphone (~1.

Morphine is responsible for the majority of effects, whilst free codeine provides a lot of the histamine reaction. Codeine-6-glucorinide though may have some analgesic properties, and has been looked at in some studies regarding it's effectiveness; I haven't heard anything about that in a while though, so no idea if it shows much promise.

DoctorShop said:
Look no offense... I am honestly not trolling, but surely you could have tapered from those opiates? Those are nothing compared to heroin, oxycontin, etc... Methadone seems very extreme for either one.

I used to use alot of dihydrocodeine and yes, even thought it was uncomfortable, it was also very mild. Cold/hot flushes, some sweating

What about the psychological WD? Especially in a person who started using to deal with psychological suffering to begin with, the WD could be particularly painful if they haven't dealt with such issues. Methadone or sub provides stability, allowing them to get off on their own pace when they are ready.

Look no offense... I am honestly not trolling, but surely you could have tapered from those opiates? Those are nothing compared to heroin, oxycontin, etc... Methadone seems very extreme for either one.

I used to use alot of dihydrocodeine and yes, even thought it was uncomfortable, it was also very mild. Cold/hot flushes, some sweating...

Edit: And get rid of that picture as your fucking avatar. Fuck, just advertise why don't you?

You do understand that giving up an addiction - physical aspects aside - is a choice?
For you to label giving up <insert drug here> 'right' or 'wrong'
is just the same as you labeling <insert every day action here> wrong.
Who are you to decide what path a person should take in their life, thereby labeling them 'weak minded'. That's laughable.

I've given up smoking after 2 years, and feel not a thing. Does this mean that i'm 'stronger' than the majority statistic that fails at cold turkey? Personally, i'd say i'm just the same person, with a different choice :S

You do understand that giving up an addiction - physical aspects aside - is a choice?
Who are you to decide what path a person should take in their life, thereby labeling them 'weak minded'. That's laughable.

Oh please don't patronise me. Sure, maybe I was a little hard on the guy but I really don't think he's doing himself any favours using methadone for codeine addiction.

Oh fuck does anyone hear use opiates show some compassion, reason and intellangence like Mr blonde. I wonder if people use codeine to make morphine then into herion then how much of the codeine by product get left in product any smart ones out there?

Oh come on gov you get the money quit complaining. And you anti-whatever this is would you rather opiate users money go to pharmacy so they stay open at all hours for you or would you rather they go to rob ya dodgey junkies. I agree one thing leads to another sometimes and back and forth but. Man we need more pharm and drug alternative not less!

I wonder if people use codeine to make morphine then into herion then how much of the codeine by product get left in product any smart ones out there?

Discussion on methods would violate BL guidelines. Remember we are talking about a synthesis, not simply an extraction.

However, I believe we should be able to discuss things in the context of impurities and any possible toxicity from these. It makes for good HR and might even be a deterrent to some users and potential users/ homebakers

I've given up smoking after 2 years, and feel not a thing. Does this mean that i'm 'stronger' than the majority statistic that fails at cold turkey? Personally, i'd say i'm just the same person, with a different choice :S

Robing Room writes one of the best articles about the social construction of addiction

one of the most influential factors when trying to change is the motivation to change, and the meaning behind that motivation.

tadfish said:
Oh fuck does anyone hear use opiates show some compassion, reason and intellangence like Mr blonde.

Thanks, guy. :D

phase_dancer said:
Discussion on methods would violate BL guidelines. Remember we are talking about a synthesis, not simply an extraction.

However, I believe we should be able to discuss things in the context of impurities and any possible toxicity from these. It makes for good HR and might even be a deterrent to some users and potential users/ homebakers

I'm open to the discussion of toxic by-products of the synth that can find their way into the end product; as you say it could stand as a deterrent to anyone thinking of trying this in their backyard, and PD I know you aren't going to post a step-by-step "How to make Smack in Your Kitchen". ;)

I'm open to the discussion of toxic by-products of the synth that can find their way into the end product; as you say it could stand as a deterrent to anyone thinking of trying this in their backyard, and PD I know you aren't going to post a step-by-step "How to make Smack in Your Kitchen". ;)

If they're going form codeine the impurities can include pill binders and gakks, paracetamol/ibuprofen, codeine, pyridine, monoacetylmorphine, morphine, acetic anhydride, sodium acetate... And probably a whole range of other nasties I'll think of whehn I get back.

people homebake here/nz from codeine or morphine since the 80s after the clampdown of 'mr asia' in the 70s.

what i think is very important for anyone 'homebaking' or new to it, is to make sure they burn/crisp the acetic anhydride off until there is no smell if you smell the spoon and it still burns your eyes/face/nose etc it is not ready, if you i.v. it will give you pins and needles going throughout your body, it is not worth it when that happens and you feel sick for a day or two..

also to use 'acetic anhydride' not 'acetic acid' even if they both smell the same (vinegary..) can also cause further bad cooks via i.v. if not the right chem. stay safe have known friends over the years that have died this way :(

same take care.
wish i was in NZ were its so easy to get chem to do homebake cooks.
how much H is in NZ?
alot of users?
(edit)
i thinkits rare to get imported H or lucky what everone else think. i suppose its what circle of drug users and people u know

edited info not required madmick19

Last edited by a moderator:
^
correct aa isnt that hard to get, it is monitored in the chem industry/everywhere else, but not in the photography industry, loopholes lol though photography students here do get a chem licence to obtain it..

'H' is here in batches now and then/slipped through on way to somewhere else, but for the past 2 years ive only seen dark/afghan heroin - brown rocks.

*some people i guess probably just go to the chemist and buy a 100ml bottle of 'acetic acid' which isnt controlled and due to the fact both aa smell like vinegar the difference being if you smell 'acetic anhydride', its just best not to, as burns very likely and the smell is intense, whereas 'acetic acid' or 'acetic acid glacial' you can stick your nose to it.

Last edited: