Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: [News.com.au] 27/11/2004 : Two collapse after taking death drug

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Two collapse after taking death drug
By Nigel Adlam
November 27, 2004

TWO friends are lucky to be alive after taking the latest designer drug to hit the Northern Territory nightclub scene.

The women were rushed to Royal Darwin Hospital after collapsing and suffering severe convulsions.

"They were frothing at the mouth and nose," police were told. The women are believed to have taken two so-called red mitsubishis each.

The drug has been on the market in Australia for only a few months but it has already killed two people.

They were a teenage girl in Sydney and a 38-year-old man in Adelaide.

Dozens of other people have suffered overdoses.

Red mitsubishis are made from ecstasy and caffeine.

They have a delayed effect, which tempts users to take more than one.

The Darwin women - aged 21 and 27 - are reported to have taken two tablets each.

"Apparently, they took one each and thought they were duds because there was no quick effect," a source said. "So they took another."

One woman collapsed inside the nightclub and the other outside at 4.30am on Wednesday.

Police last night warned of the dangers of the drugs.

"These tablets are not recreational or party drugs as they are often badged," Commander Max Pope said. "They are dangerous drugs made by untrained and unqualified people in unhygienic conditions.

"Deaths and serious injuries have occurred from taking these drugs. This is a warning to those people who experiment with drug taking."

Police urged the public to report drug dealers to 131 444.

Northern Territory News

From here

This is really getting so far beyond a joke now. The media are pretty much just making up the majority of these articles as they go along.

Now we're sure there's no PMA, just MDMA and caffeine (the combination of which millions take week in, week out without noticable side effects for god-knows-how-long) is supposed to be the big killer?

When's this all going to end?

And what exactly is calling '131 444' going to connect me to?

death drug??? WTF!!! I dont think that they have the complete story on this, I bet any money the girls were probibly half drunk or mixed other pills as well, I bet they probibly were'nt even red mitzi's, probibly GHB, I think that all the drug overdoses in the club scene for the next three months or more will be blamed on those pills.

"Hmmmm..... this pill *could* be a dud. I'd better have more just to make sure."

Dickheads.

What's even scarier in my mind, is that 80% of the population that reads this shit will believe it.

Bent said:
What's even scarier in my mind, is that 80% of the population that reads this shit will believe it.

yeah, but they'll only believe the parts that they want to believe.

the article doesn't paint caffeine in a very favourable light but i can't imagine any of the 80% giving that up.....

What is the media trying to gain by spouting all this shit? Are they trying to slow the sales of red mitsubishis so that there are more available for themselves? :p

happyguppy said:
yeah, but they'll only believe the parts that they want to believe.

the article doesn't paint caffeine in a very favourable light but i can't imagine any of the 80% giving that up.....

Hell if caffeine was that dangerous, I'd be dead probably at least twice every morning with the two strong double espressos I make myself each day!

I just think it's a crack up they way the media keep calling the red mitsi's a "new drug". They say that ppl aren't dying from ecstacy... but "red mitsibishi". We might need to start a forum on here separate from ecstacy discussion!!