Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: [News.com.au] 24/06/2005 - 'Warning on new drug pills'

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Warning on new drug pills
June 24, 2005

ECSTASY tablets about 30 per cent stronger than the fatality-linked Red Mitsubishi pills are being sold in South Australia, police said today.

Police warned people to consider the risk of death and overdose should they take the tablets, some of which were sold under the moniker Green Mitsubishi. Earlier this month, police seized more than 1400 Green Mitsubishi ecstasy tablets during a raid on a northern Adelaide house.

The tablets had been tested by Forensic Science South Australia, a police spokesman said today.

"These tablets contain up to 30 per cent more MDMA than the Red Mitsubishi tablets which were believed to be responsible for a number of overdoses in late 2004," the spokesman said.

MDMA is a stimulant drug chemically related to mescaline and amphetamine, and is used illicitly for euphoric and hallucinogenic effects.

In October last year, two people died in separate incidents after taking Red Mitsubishi tablets, with at least a dozen overdoses from the drug also reported.

Police said the stronger tablets also were likely to be sold under different names than solely Green Mitsubishi.

"Existing tablets may be re-crushed, re-pressed and re-coloured with a different design," the spokesman said.

"People who take these tablets may become seriously ill, often very quickly."

From News.com.au/AAP

Cool, its like:
"Lets make sure the ravers know they are getting stronger pills then the last batch!" ;)

It's so kind of the media to do that. Thanks to Forensic's too.

Um, Was wondering...I thought MDMA wasnt lethal (i do realise that too much of any drug IS Potentially dangerous)... Didnt the red mitsubishis have PMA in them??

by their kind analysis, they have 145mg of MDMA in them (thats what my calculator said) but im shit with math... im assuming i got it right tho :D

the Red mitzis they have in question where MDMA/Caffeine combo...

Thanks for clearing that up without getting frustrated with my stupid questions.

Know the drug: learn the chemistry

how is it chemically related to mescaline?

LMAO!! how can they even say something stupid like that? coz it has an M in the name.. hell it must mean Mescaline-dioxy-Methylamphetamine LOL!

Stupid?: Both substances are from the phenethylamine family

pihkal96.gif

Mescaline, or 3,4,5 trimethoxyphenylethylamine, or abbreviated; 3,4,5 trimethoxyphenethylamine

pihkal109.gif

MDMA or Methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine

The basic amphetamine structure differs from phenethylamines by having an extra carbon in the alkyl side chain. This results in the amine being in a slightly different position due to positioning of the CH3 group which makes the second carbon with the amine attached rotate slightly on it's axis. More importantly, allows binding to different receptors (not noticeable on these 2D schematics).

The ring 3,4 substitutes of mescaline can be thought of as being "bridged" in MDMA with a methylene group. Of course MDMA also has an extra cabon on the amine (the N-methyl bit). MDA would be a closer analogue of Mescaline

pihkal100.gif

MDA or Methylenedioxyamphetamine or using the same nomenclature as for mescaline; Methylenedioxyphenylisopropylamine

A compound which is sort of structurally "inbetween" MDMA and Mescaline is MMDA, made from myristicin found in nutmeg.

pihkal132.gif

MMDA, or 3,4 methylenedioxy-5-methoxyamphetamine; or 3, methoxy-4,5-methylenedioxyamphetamine (numbering can go either way around the aromatic ring)

If all of this seems confusing, try taking some time off and thoroughly reading PiHKAL, or at least the parts available online. In many ways, it's a complete course in basic+ organic chemistry.

PiHKAL A Chemical Love Story

SIM-1; The article is a bit misleading in this regard. MDMA is neurotoxic, particularly in large doses, but for most people it's no-where near as toxic as PMA.

For what it's worth, there have been several tablets circulating round these parts lately with an estimated level of 140-150mg of MDMA. The blue dolphins are absolutely amazing, as 1/3 of a tablet gets most people quite chopped

Last edited:
I can just see the dealer's ad campaign now..."Try our new extra-strength Mitzi...30% more munt for your buck!

used illicitly for euphoric and hallucinogenic effects

how sad that its illegal to hallucinate and feel good - cause feeling good is just soooo damn bad

SIM-1 said:
Um, Was wondering...I thought MDMA wasnt lethal (i do realise that too much of any drug IS Potentially dangerous)... Didnt the red mitsubishis have PMA in them??
The Red Mitsubishi's never had PMA in them, it was incorrect media reporting that got out of hand. They contained approximately 110mg of MDMA and caffeine. MDMA has a very high LD50 so people don't often die as a direct toxic effect of the drug, however they can die from complications such as hyponatremia etc.

KostoN said:
Is there any place at all...that tells you info about seized drugs...? Like the Australian Illicit Drug Data Report or whatever it is ?
No, there is one for law enforcement etc. but it is not publicly available. Support Enlighten and one day there may be one. Feel free to donate.

i can see more bad things comming out of this, since it has been on the news they are probably going to re-press anything and sell it as a green mitzi, because everyone will think they are 'very high strength' just based on the brand name alone..

the media SHOULD as a basic duty of care ended the report with, always test you're pills to be sure there is MDMA in them.. although that been said i can imagine the response if they did that!

Not wanting to dick size but those green mitzi's were the strongest pills I've ever had. Being munted for nearly 10 hours straight would have to do something with the amount in them but then again plugging 2, eating a green dove and plugging a pink playstation may have something to do with it aswell.
8o

eKLaB, yer dude.. umm
if i took that much shit, i would be off my tits for a week, or in hoispitil.. lol

like saying i had some gear, ketamine, alchol shrooms.. then droped this pill, it done nothing.. must be a dud..

eKLaB said:
Not wanting to dick size but those green mitzi's were the strongest pills I've ever had. Being munted for nearly 10 hours straight would have to do something with the amount in them but then again plugging 2, eating a green dove and plugging a pink playstation may have something to do with it aswell.
8o

Damn your cool.... 8)

What I wanna know is which batch this article is referring to. As far as I know there are three batches (possibly more but I dont have any evidence of this) that came from two different presses. This is just speculation on my behalf but I do have a little bit of evidence to back this up (pic below). It seems that A & B have come from the same press but were different batches. I came to this conclusion because they seem to have the same dimensions. The logos are the same size, they have the same bevel on top, the scores are the same and they both have lines on the back that are very hard to make out unless you have a look up close. The only reason I think they are from two different batches is because they have different shades and amount of speckles. I got a few from two different sources and all the ones from source X were coloured and speckled the same as pill A and all the ones from source Y were coloured and speckled the same as pills B & C. Pill C seems to be the one from a different press as the three diamonds are slightly bigger, the logo is slightly off center making the bevel a bit bigger on one side, the score is different ( more of a V than a |_| ) and it lacks the hard to see lines that A & B have. There is also crushed and uncrushed sugar in pills B & C. There could also be sugar in pill A but it would be crushed and mixed well without the chunks that B & C have. I wont go into details but if someone wants me to then Ill post my proof for that theory. So below is a pic so you have an idea what Im talking about. The first six pills are the same, just flipped over. The next two are just a better pic of the off center logos making the bevel bigger on one side and the last two pills are just to show the different scores a little better. Also they all weighed approximately 300mg each. So there are a few differences present, the question is which pills are the real good ones and which ones are just the good ones? Sorry for somewhat jacking the thread but I didnt want to make a new one for this and thought it would fit in here nicely.

Attachments

• gm.jpg
    gm.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
TheInstigator said:
There is also crushed and uncrushed sugar in pills B & C. There could also be sugar in pill A but it would be crushed and mixed well without the chunks that B & C have. I wont go into details but if someone wants me to then Ill post my proof for that theory.

So the Red mitsubishis had a good serve of caffeine in them, and now apparently the Green Mitsi's have sugar ... which colour has the cream? 8)

An MDMA latte ... yum =D

My two cents worth..........
I've been lucky enough to try both the orginal red and green mitsubishi's and they were both really good pills. The reds kicked in very quickly, 15-20 mins, peaked for a good 2 hours while the green would be a 2.5 to 3 hour peak with a slightly slower but in the end stronger come on. I felt absolutely fantastic on the reds but no serious clenching or eye wobbles, even after my second. The greens were even stronger. Minor eye flickers on the first and mild visuals. The second knocked my socks off, eye flickers and heaps of visuals, fantastic. Certainly no expert but reckon the numbers sound about right (110mg vs 145mg).

TheInstigator said:
What I wanna know is which batch this article is referring to. As far as I know there are three batches (possibly more but I dont have any evidence of this) that came from two different presses. This is just speculation on my behalf but I do have a little bit of evidence to back this up (pic below). It seems that A & B have come from the same press but were different batches. I came to this conclusion because they seem to have the same dimensions. The logos are the same size, they have the same bevel on top, the scores are the same and they both have lines on the back that are very hard to make out unless you have a look up close. The only reason I think they are from two different batches is because they have different shades and amount of speckles. I got a few from two different sources and all the ones from source X were coloured and speckled the same as pill A and all the ones from source Y were coloured and speckled the same as pills B & C. Pill C seems to be the one from a different press as the three diamonds are slightly bigger, the logo is slightly off center making the bevel a bit bigger on one side, the score is different ( more of a V than a |_| ) and it lacks the hard to see lines that A & B have. There is also crushed and uncrushed sugar in pills B & C. There could also be sugar in pill A but it would be crushed and mixed well without the chunks that B & C have. I wont go into details but if someone wants me to then Ill post my proof for that theory. So below is a pic so you have an idea what Im talking about. The first six pills are the same, just flipped over. The next two are just a better pic of the off center logos making the bevel bigger on one side and the last two pills are just to show the different scores a little better. Also they all weighed approximately 300mg each. So there are a few differences present, the question is which pills are the real good ones and which ones are just the good ones? Sorry for somewhat jacking the thread but I didnt want to make a new one for this and thought it would fit in here nicely.

That's very interesting to note. Pictures such as this once again raise the possibility of bunk or dangerous pills. Which did you think was the strongest?

Also Cowboy Mac, are you referring to just the recent red mitsubishis or the ones encountered in circulation? It's just that there is a picture of a red mitsubishi on the Enlighten website which tests negative for MDMA. Was this one from an old batch? I read about one from several years ago that contained PMA.

yehhh which batch of green mitsus... i loved the ones i had earlier this year! i think they were the light green ones... loads of visuals :D awwwsum!

gher said:
That's very interesting to note. Pictures such as this once again raise the possibility of bunk or dangerous pills. Which did you think was the strongest?

I havent consumed any of them yet. I did test them with marquis, simmons and mandelin and they all tested the same, suspected MDMA. I am yet to test with the robadope. Might do it in the next few days.