• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: News.com.au - 23/03/09 'Cannabis users suffering new syndrome'

I am only young and think I started to develop these symptoms from weed. And in SA.

I am thinking Kingpin007 is right.

I have to say, I am intrigued by the whole business myself. Once again, I am the first to say that there is excellent evidence supporting the use of cannabis extracts as an anti-emetic, which makes this all the more interesting…
I am also fascinated by the concept of ‘greening out’. I’ve spoken to a ton of medico’s around the world, and very few have heard of it…. I’ve spent the morning trawling the internet for references to it, and can’t find any that pre-date 1999. I’ve gone through my fairly considerable collection of books and papers on marijuana, and still can find nothing on anything that even resembles it older than about a decade.
How can this be? Why is there no reference to this in a drug that has been used by humans for over 6000 years…? Is there something about the way cannabis is being used that is creating a new phenomenon?
I have found 14 articles pertaining to ‘cannabis hyperemesis’ and it certainly doesn’t seem to be just a South Australian phenomenon… Allen et al (2004) in their original series of 9 cases report a ‘prodromal’ stage that sounds a lot like ‘greening out’ on a regular basis. I wonder if ‘greening out’ isn’t part of a spectrum for which ‘cannabis hyperemesis’ represents the extreme edge…
Do any old stoners have any references to this phenomenon that I could be pointed to?

I have to say, I am intrigued by the whole business myself. Once again, I am the first to say that there is excellent evidence supporting the use of cannabis extracts as an anti-emetic, which makes this all the more interesting…
I am also fascinated by the concept of ‘greening out’. I’ve spoken to a ton of medico’s around the world, and very few have heard of it…. I’ve spent the morning trawling the internet for references to it, and can’t find any that pre-date 1999. I’ve gone through my fairly considerable collection of books and papers on marijuana, and still can find nothing on anything that even resembles it older than about a decade.
How can this be? Why is there no reference to this in a drug that has been used by humans for over 6000 years…? Is there something about the way cannabis is being used that is creating a new phenomenon?
I have found 14 articles pertaining to ‘cannabis hyperemesis’ and it certainly doesn’t seem to be just a South Australian phenomenon… Allen et al (2004) in their original series of 9 cases report a ‘prodromal’ stage that sounds a lot like ‘greening out’ on a regular basis. I wonder if ‘greening out’ isn’t part of a spectrum for which ‘cannabis hyperemesis’ represents the extreme edge…
Do any old stoners have any references to this phenomenon that I could be pointed to?

You basically just said what I had but in more detail lol

I am thinking it is for certain the way the weeds being grown or some new technique used to grow it whether it be the brand of fertilizers used , seed soaking solutions to promote more female seeds , cloning soloution, hormones , pesticides , or some additive used to produce larger yields...

I would think the doctors would have taken blood,urine samples to see if there is a chemical thats in all those 20 patients as to determine if its a toxic effect from chemicals used to grow hydro weed.

This is why if the weed is SA could be tested for trace elements of chemicals or even when police bust a hydro setup in SA to list all chemicals found.

If this was done then results could be matched to where this is starting to happen overseas and then it be know what is causing this.

Because there are no cases in other parts of Australia it would have to be a chemical thats only sold in SA and or not known to growers elsewhere in the country.

This could be some new hormone or similar that's causing this and I hope the growers in SA will keep close eye on this otherwise no one will buy SA hydro weed.

Last edited:

I am also fascinated by the concept of ‘greening out’.

From the Book:

Chapter 3, verse 6

Grass before beer your in the clear, beer before grass your on your ass.

This anecdotal lore that is handed down simply points out that poly-drug use has its dangers.

I don't believe that South Australian has anything to do with it. I've greened out on bush bud, and leaf i've cooked up.

Definitely you should look at the extreme results of eating cannabis....