• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: News.com.au - 2/10/09 "DOI 'lasts three days longer' than LSD"

doesn't our resident Dr Platypus work in the Royal Adelaide?

Calling doctor plats, please may you give us the real story on the interview

There's a BLer who works at the RA?

Curious who it is :p if that individual doesn't post anonymously.

Its probably the quality of the blotters you've been getting. I know I haven't been able to find a decent tab for ages. These days I need 3 or 4 for a decent effect.

Mushrooms last about 5 hours (start to baseline) for me to.

This used to happen with 250 mic tabs as well bak in EU. Been getting on the pink panthers lately very often and they are very decent tabs. 1.5-2 tabs floors me so hard. Mate had sum too and he was tripping bit longer.

Last edited:
The dosage thing is pretty correct. Some people need a few mg, while others need 10 or even more.
So it being on tabs is really sad.

Emerging Drug of Concern

1 October 2009 16:55:04

South Australia Police are concerned about the emergence of an illicit drug referred to as DOI (4-Iodo-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine).

This drug is increasingly coming to the attention of police, forensic and health officials in South Australia.

Detective Inspector John De Candia stresses that the manufacture, trafficking and supply of illicit drugs are serious offences and South Australia Police commits significant resources to the detection and prosecution of criminals involved in the trade in illicit drugs.

Detective Inspector John De Candia said that the drugs potentially fatal effects are the reason for concern regarding this emerging illicit drug, which has strong hallucinogenic properties and users have reported visual distortion, audio distortion and visual hallucinations.

Being similar in appearance and effects, it is easily mistaken as LSD.

Consistent with other synthetic hallucinogens such as LSD, the effects of a particular dose are highly unpredictable and may vary significantly from user to user, and also for the same user on different occasions.

Short-term effects can include:
- hallucinations and perceptual distortions – visual, time, space, and body image;
- mood swings, anxiety, panic reaction, paranoia, exhilaration;
- numbness, muscle weakness and twitching, tremor, impaired coordination, dilated pupils, seizures;
- increased heart rate and blood pressure, changes in temperature, sweating, rapid deep breathing and nausea and vomiting

In addition, some users have reported feeling fearful due to the intensity and duration of the hallucinogenic effect, which lasts approximately 2 – 3 days longer than LSD.

The Royal Adelaide Hospital has reported treating a number of hallucinogen overdoses from unknown substances that were consistent with the toxicity of this drug.

Detective Inspector John De Candia said that if it is suspected that a person is suffering from a drug overdose, it is vital to immediately seek medical assistance.

South Australia Police does not impede medical assistance in these situations.

South Australia Police strongly warn against the use of any illicit drug and urge members of the public who may have information in relation to illicit drug activity to contact BankSA Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Further drug information is available from the Alcohol and Drug Information Service (24-hour information and counselling) by telephone: 1300 131 340 (Local call fee for SA callers).

SA Police [PDF]

:D I cant wait for this to come to VIC (and be obtainable)

I hope u wernt serious. Wish they just sold it as it is and not on blotters as Acid. Nothin will ever compare to a good strong dose of acid.

I hope u wernt serious. Wish they just sold it as it is and not on blotters as Acid. Nothin will ever compare to a good strong dose of acid.

:/ maybe I was .... dont get me wrong I love acid (hell I even had a dream about it last night I woke up disapointed that I had woken up) on the VERY rare occasion I actually find it but there is the problem its just not very obtainable :(

But i like to try new things and 2 days is pretty intense. Selling it as acid is pretty shite as people really wouldnt know what to expect.

If you overdose on DOI, the effects will last 72 hours easily. I get over 24 hours of effect from a normal dose, and increasing the dose does increase the duration.

LSD trips can last for days if you take milligrams at a time...

:/ maybe I was .... dont get me wrong I love acid (hell I even had a dream about it last night I woke up disapointed that I had woken up) on the VERY rare occasion I actually find it but there is the problem its just not very obtainable :(

But i like to try new things and 2 days is pretty intense. Selling it as acid is pretty shite as people really wouldnt know what to expect.

If you want to experience DOI just dose a tab of acid with 5 cups of coffee and a point of speed, then redose that around the 6 hour mark. That's all it is, a long, speedy acid trip with appetite suppression and a dirty, uncomfortable body buzz.

:D I cant wait for this to come to VIC (and be obtainable)

Wait?

It's been all over Aus for years

DOB was around in the 70's here in very large single hits

Do some research...

DOI, DOB, DOC, DOM are the more common DO*'s found in Aus and the rest of the world. They just shouldn't be sold as "LSD"

Tabs should be marked DO* and the loading clearly marked in mg as i have seen in Melb from time to time from people who actually give a fuck and don't just care about fooling trippers into paying for what they think is LSD

If it's bitter, it's a spitter :)

Hahaha I read that in the Mx and was going to post an article about it on here.

What a load of balderdash. "new drug", hell I near pissed my pants on a peak hour train when I read that.

They were around from time to time back then

Friends speak of high dose DOB fractals in the mid to late 90's, no one suspected anything other than acid and said they were "weird trips with a bitter metallic/chemical taste that took ages to kick in and lasted for a long time"

I found a report on them with pics a couple of years ago and they confirmed they were the fractals they had

They were around from time to time back then

Friends speak of high dose DOB fractals in the mid to late 90's, no one suspected anything other than acid and said they were "weird trips with a bitter metallic/chemical taste that took ages to kick in and lasted for a long time"

I found a report on them with pics a couple of years ago and they confirmed they were the fractals they had

I get an awful metalic taste in my mouth after i come down from acid. Anyone else get that? Wonder what it is. Was thinking its from one of LSDs precursors? By product or sumfn? Im quite dumb when it comes to LSD synths and etc lol

"If its bitter its a spitter" ill take your advice dispite its length it really doesnt sound very nice. Thanks for the heads up psilo :D.

I'd rather have DOI than LSD any day. LSD pales in comparison. It's lacking in the euphoria and body high department, unlike DOI.

doesn't our resident Dr Platypus work in the Royal Adelaide?

Calling doctor plats, please may you give us the real story on the interview

The good doctor is no longer in Australia or at the Royal Adelaide.