• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: News.com.au - 16/10/07 'Ben Cousins to face drug charge'

Hey i dont hurt my family, i dont agree with that one. Anyone who hurts there family with there drug abuse should think twice and snap out of it. Family comes before drugs, or atleast in my theory.

yeah, but that is your perspective alone.
i've known of many ice/heroin junkies to steal repeatedly from their own flesh & blood.

and even if they're not stealing, per se, or becoming abusive towards them, it can be hurtful to watch a family member ebbing further along the stream of self-destruction (i.e. drug abuse)

of course it is disturbing that people put drugs above all other commitments, including family. but the reality is, it goes on like that more often than not.

Candid Ben Cousins talks about 'depression' after AFL snub
Article from: PerthNow
Joe Spagnolo
August 08, 2009 06:00pm

BEN Cousins has revealed how he spiralled into depression after being told none of the 16 AFL clubs wanted him in the national draft.

The former Eagles star, who will pull on a Richmond guernsey for his 250th AFL game today, said he imprisoned himself in his house, refusing to speak to even his parents.

``I'm not a depressive person, but it was a state of depression,'' Cousins told GQ Australia magazine. ``I had the life sucked out of me. I didn't feel like leaving the house.

``I slept a lot, I didn't talk to anyone. I wasn't on the phone to my parents or my mates. I just shut everything out.

``The process itself of getting me back to footy probably made me as vulnerable as I've ever been.

``That's the point that everyone has missed. The process itself was so counter-productive to what I was trying to achieve.

``I'd been given 12 months off, left to my own devices.

``The whole thing I wanted about getting back to playing footy was to give me the foundation that I needed. If I was in a perfect state of mind, I could have gone on and done anything, but I wasn't.''

Being overlooked in the November 29 draft was a wake-up call for Cousins.

Realising that the following pre-season draft was his last chance to extend his AFL career, he met AFL legend Kevin Sheedy to discuss the road back to football. He had talks with Richmond and convinced the club he was a chance worth taking.

Cousins, who starred in 238 games with West Coast, will today play his 250th, for the Tigers against the Swans at the MCG. He is scheduled to play against the Eagles on Friday, August 28.

``I wasn't born a great footballer. I've worked as hard as anyone I know my age,'' he said.

Off the field, Cousins admits he continues to face his demons.

He says he watches what he drinks and is careful not to do anything that will put him on the path to destruction.

``I have to be careful with that sort of stuff (drinking),'' he said. ``I'm on a pretty strict regime.

``I can't afford to slip up, and enjoying the occasional drink is something I look forward to do. It's all in moderation.''

Cousins said drugs did not discriminate: ``People from all walks of life can find themselves in trouble and strife, or mixed up with drugs. There's no right or wrong formula.''

Asked if his demons had left him, Cousins replied: ``I'm not naive enough to think that I can just wash my hands of where I've come from and it's all in the past. The harsh reality is it's a struggle.''

Despite the tribulations of the past few years Cousins still showed a sense of humour during the interview and fashion shoot. ``Don't put me in an Elwood shirt. Every time I wear one of those I get arrested,'' he quipped.

Perth Now

Good on him for having the balls to talk about that kind of stuff. Hopefully some people will realise that they are going thru the same thing and seek some assistance after reading this.

BEN Cousins has revealed how he spiralled into depression after being told none of the 16 AFL clubs wanted him in the national draft.

I'm not a depressive person, but it was a state of depression

I had the life sucked out of me. I didn't feel like leaving the house

I slept a lot, I didn't talk to anyone. I wasn't on the phone to my parents or my mates. I just shut everything out.

ironic hey! they are they exact same symptoms I get, yet mine are from a weeks binge on the gear! ;)

<3 <3 <3 Ben Cousins

Not only for his body, but his apparent smarts & levels of humanity... ahh.. Think I need to start training at Prahran pool so I can increase my chances of bumping into him.

Always wanted to date a footballer ;) :p :D

It would be a huge shame to hear he got back on the gear and coke and stuffed up his footy career for good.

Maybe he's taking drugs that don't turn up on regular tests? Wonder if the next headline will be

Ben Cousins Leaves AFL Career to found Eco-Commune near Nimbin and Gets Tattoo Surgically Altered to Be Here Now

Lol its all club advertising now. Someone affiliated with bikies and drug couriers is taking untestable drugs, and probably knows he is fine, or I could be completely wrong and he has gone clean then good on him. But you can't throw your friends away if you are in too deep already..

Maybe he's taking drugs that don't turn up on regular tests? Wonder if the next headline will be

Ben Cousins Leaves AFL Career to found Eco-Commune near Nimbin and Gets Tattoo Surgically Altered to Be Here Now

LOL. your smart arse remarks never fail to elicit a giggle ;)