• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: News.com.au - 10/01/08 'Hmmm, did you call the dealer?'

I reckon pot has had more of an impact on my memory then my E usage. I used to have a photographic memory (well so my year 5 teacher told me) not that standard anymore but I definitely ain't forgetful. Forget to take drugs? WTF!?

MDMA+Pot is a sure way to hjave memnory loss for a day or two... then you take mnore pills every weekend, smoke dope every day, you never really snap back into soberness at all.... i think when people start having problems with pot, theyve started using meth or MDMA too..

not saying pot doesnt give u bad memory, its just i found pot changed A LOT after using it with other drugs.

pot memory seems to fix itself, with all your memories while on pot reserved somewhere... just gotta find the path to them...

Splatt said:
MDMA+Pot is a sure way to hjave memnory loss for a day or two... then you take mnore pills every weekend, smoke dope every day, you never really snap back into soberness at all.... i think when people start having problems with pot, theyve started using meth or MDMA too..

not saying pot doesnt give u bad memory, its just i found pot changed A LOT after using it with other drugs.

pot memory seems to fix itself, with all your memories while on pot reserved somewhere... just gotta find the path to them...
i thought it was pretty well accepted that pot does ruin your short term memory, even if you have stopped?
you sound like you're downplaying the effects of drugs on memory, as though the brain is a perfect organ that can repair itself 100%
can't say i've read much research on the matter... anyway i steer clear of pot. it rarely agrees with me, and i hallucinate and can freak out if it's at the end of a night where i had taken a pill earlier on. really not cool

Mr TIMO said:
i thought it was pretty well accepted that pot does ruin your short term memory, even if you have stopped?

Yes I found this definitely to be the case. It clouds your memory, but not to the point where you forget to call your dealer...

for me ikt came back.....
it seems most drugs, including alcohol will kill your short term memory and make you slurr and kill your vocabulary and stuff.. but when you stop... it slowly turns back to normal. it did for me with every drug, however i still drink daily so im still experiencing problems.. when i was clean for like 6 months from anything i had awesome memory. even remembered memories and learning stuff i thought i'd lost long ago from brain damage.. even if drugs do cause the brain damage of memory cells. the memory repeats so much information, and clones itself all over your memory... its hard for a drug to permantly remove something.. hide it maybe, but not remove

Splatt said:
... its hard for a drug to permantly remove something.. hide it maybe, but not remove
Im not a neuroscientist so dont take my word here, but the way I understand it is that stuff gets encoded into short term memory as you experience it, then into mid term memory if its important to remember or jsut happens to stick, and from there into long term... If you forget something that someone just told you then its not going into the mid and long term memory... Im pretty sure old memories you already have are as you say: jsut turned cloudy or hidden, but never removed. If, however, your short term memory is shot then its likely that a greater percentage than normal of your memories jsut wont make it that far..

Splatt said:
for me ikt came back.....
it seems most drugs, including alcohol will kill your short term memory and make you slurr and kill your vocabulary and stuff.. but when you stop... it slowly turns back to normal. it did for me with every drug, however i still drink daily so im still experiencing problems.. when i was clean for like 6 months from anything i had awesome memory. even remembered memories and learning stuff i thought i'd lost long ago from brain damage.. even if drugs do cause the brain damage of memory cells. the memory repeats so much information, and clones itself all over your memory... its hard for a drug to permantly remove something.. hide it maybe, but not remove
alcoholics or heavy drinkers get irreversible brain damage. it's a fact.
you may think you recover after time, and you do to some extent, but you never turn back to normal. stop saying things which are wrong, as though they are fact.

who would know with all the studies. one minute you hear sniffing petrol, damage is irriversable, another study com,es out and says the opposite.
well, i'll agree that excessive alcoholism would cause brain damage that cant be fixed yeah, but when you stop your memory and cognitive functions certainly gets better

johnnyonelove said:
saying something is a fact is useless if you don't back it up with some hard evidence.
that's like asking me to give evidence that water at normal room temp is a liquid.
i could look it up for you, but it's common knowledge what the answer is.

Mr TIMO said:
that's like asking me to give evidence that water at normal room temp is a liquid.
i could look it up for you, but it's common knowledge what the answer is.

water isn't always liquid at normal room temperatures..... and like with fluid dynamics, not much is black and white when it comes to neuroscience.

johnnyonelove said:
water isn't always liquid at normal room temperatures.....
suppose they forgot to teach me this at uni...

and i know what you're saying. i did say it in a black and white way.
probably should have changed it to "MANY alcoholics or heavy drinkers get irreversible brain damage. it's a fact."
has less shock value though doesn't it. i see why they make ads on drug abuse so misleading, there's so much more shock value when you stretch the truth...

I'd like to see studies like this done with the same people, before MDMA use, and after... rather than users vs non-users... it could just be that ppl with poor short term memory are attracted to MDMA :)

Also.. I saw an article recently about a study that completely refuted the alcohol causes brain damage thing... probably sponsored by some big distillery, but hey :) It quite upset me... I've always blamed my piss poor memory on booze.

Lol, my memory has actually gotten better after i started to do X. I only use it moderately though.