• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Needle exchange saves Aus $4 for every $1 spent

i checked out that millipore site earlier today and found it extremely hard to navigate it. gpzservices is a pretty useful site, they have everything from syringes to sealable vials and bacteriostatic water, etc. as is researchsupply.net but the microns work out to be $2.70 each for a box of 50 or $4 for singles, which is a little expensive imo.

i like the idea of the sterifits as well but would much prefer a micron.

He, I just saw this on ABC the other day with that Paul Dillon? I think it was, he's a great guy. And he was saying it's the most profitable health care policy they have ever had. haha Now all we need is pure Heroin available for free too so the addicts wont have to rob etc. and no OD's. That'll save even more. That'll be a while now, but I think it will happen in the next 10 years or so.

He, I just saw this on ABC the other day with that Paul Dillon? I think it was, he's a great guy. And he was saying it's the most profitable health care policy they have ever had. haha Now all we need is pure Heroin available for free too so the addicts wont have to rob etc. and no OD's. That'll save even more. That'll be a while now, but I think it will happen in the next 10 years or so.

I don't know if it will happen that soon. Sure there have been (successful?) trials in Switzerland and the Netherlands but here I'd say the majority of the public, politicians etc would still label addicts as criminals rather than people in need of medical care. To be honest I'm amazed at how liberal and forward thinking our needle exchange programs are when so many of our other drug policies are so conservative! Remember all the fuss and controversy over the safe injecting rooms?

^there was a study (by Lisa Maher I think?) a couple of years ago that looked at attitudes to NSP, SIF etc - and it found that most people were in favour. It's just an anomoly of our marvellous political system - whereby lunatic fringe groups get a say far in excess of their numbers (Drug Free Australia got 600K from the previous government - and one of them got a spot on recent 7.30 report piece on NSPs and ROI).

Pack of 70 for $33 australian delivered on special 8o

http://www.labdirect.com.au/product.aspx?pid=468

omfg that is ridiculously cheap!!! Even full price $63 for 70 is cheap.

One question though - they offer 4 different types of membrane material - which one is best for filtering pills?

Oh - and just noticed - this is for 13mm filters - most wheelies sold through NSPs are 33m filters. At roughly 1/6 surface area, 13mm filters would block very rapidly, so probably not much chop for pill filtering. Would be fine for methadone filtering, if you were that way inclined...

here for 30mm price 30 for $25 (roughly) on special

Last edited:
wow, they are ridiculously cheap. thanks for those links ayjay and maddyboy:)

Would be fine for methadone filtering, if you were that way inclined...

ugh, my veins hurt everytime i read of people booting methadone. hypocritical (ive shot some nasty shit and have gone without microns many time), but there is no advantage in IVing methadone - no rush, nothing, just a slowly increasing high like if you at it, instead of 3 hours to peak.