• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Jamie Oliver calls Melbourne 'drug plagued' 25/06/06

Does it affect anyone here that it's *kids* he is referring to? I think that it's terrible that kids are even thinking of experimenting with these drugs, let alone on the side of the street jacking up their arm.

I just wish people would be a bit more responsible, as it is, no-one should have to look at a kid bootin up in public. If these kids are homeless than maybe they should look for help.

It breaks me so much to see so many people that need help and don't just ask- there are people out there that not only can help. They want to help!

SpecTBK=D

after a visit yesterday i would say that south melbourne is far worse than st kilda at the moment

Special-T.B.K said:
Does it affect anyone here that it's *kids* he is referring to? I think that it's terrible that kids are even thinking of experimenting with these drugs, let alone on the side of the street jacking up their arm.

I just wish people would be a bit more responsible, as it is, no-one should have to look at a kid bootin up in public. If these kids are homeless than maybe they should look for help.

It breaks me so much to see so many people that need help and don't just ask- there are people out there that not only can help. They want to help!

SpecTBK=D

Yeah, I agree. Street kids shooting up in public is a very common thing in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco as well. And I'm not talking about like in alley ways or something, I'm talking about in plain view like on sidewalks and parking lots.

LOL sorry jamie but if you havnt noticed every capital city in Australia has drug problem, cept maybe Hobart, but tasmania isnt part of Australia ;) Crystal meth is a huge problem all over Australia!

LoveDuck said:
I'm really struggling with this attitude... I have an extremely hard time getting/keeping work, (no, not because of drugs, i only ever trip occasionally these days) and its OTHER ppls need for me to have a job that ruins my sense of identity...

THEM - "So, what do you do?"

ME - "well, I produce psytrance, I take care of my ethnobotanical collection and I organise doofs. Oh, and I'm involved with a couple of harm-minimisation groups"

THEM - "yeah, but, like, you know, what work do you do?"

fuck. I don't even get the dole, I eat once a day (if that), and you hold it against ME that i'm not functional in YOUR society? FUCK OFF.

I can understand kids wanting to just shoot meth or harry all day. Our society offers very little for certain personality types. :(

Shit eh? lets dance!:)

I don't think Les Twentyman meant that without a job you don't have an identity. I'd suggest he was generalising and I'd say accurately that employment would help the situation of many youths in such a position. Les Twentyman is about as far away from being a judgemental dogooder twat as you can get, a polar oposite. He and Father Bob McGuire do some awesome stuff with troubled/delinquient/homeless youths. I wouldn't imagine he comments in relation to this were at all meant to reflect the way you have interpreted them.

I'd also have to agree with those who say alcohol is the most abused drug in hospitality. Whilst plenty of barmen, chefs and kitchen hands etc use amphets there are a lot more who hit the bottle fairly hard and regularly. When I worked in hospitality for a bit over 7 years in various roles from kitchen hand to cook, to waiter to maitre 'd to barman I used a lot of amphetamines but also drank all through that period. Also you find that once a shift is over a hospitality worker may cease drug use but they stick around for more alcohol or drink at home. I'd be pretty confident in saying alcohol is abused more than illicit drugs in hospitality

pure dope said:
LOL sorry jamie but if you havnt noticed every capital city in Australia has drug problem, cept maybe Hobart, but tasmania isnt part of Australia ;) Crystal meth is a huge problem all over Australia!

Fuuuck you are lucky you are behind a computer screen..

There are loads of Tasmanians on this board, so tread carefully or I'll smack your fingers. ;)

Tasmania is part of the 'epidemic' at the moment, there is a HUGE proportion of Tasmanians (whom live near major cities) that have meth addictions, especially Hobart & Launceston. Its just that housing is cheaper, and the people are nicer.. therefore you have a roof over your head either way..

You know what would solve this problem?
Melbourne should release a press release that says jamie oliver is drug plagued

see how he likes it

lol, yehp. Don't go getting all defensive jamie fans but, I really think, that guys the biggest wanker celeb cook ever. didn't like'im b4 he was popular don't like'im now.
I laughed so much reading this article, I read each quote out loud in that stupid voice he has. hilarious.