Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: [Inthemix.com.au] - 18/11/2005 'Figurine party drug warning a hoax'

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
'Figurine' party drug warning a hoax
Reported on Friday, Nov 18, 2005. 10:59 by i_have_ADD

Overnight a press release was sent to several media outlets around Australia warning of a new hybrid party drug named ‘Figurine’. The press release detailed that figurine is a mixture of crystal meth and ketamine in the shape of small miniature animal figurines like zebras, dinosaurs, sharks and giraffes.

The press release contained quotes from Paul Dillon of NDARC (although his surname was rather amusingly mis-spelt ‘Pillon’). ITM contacted Paul to check the warning’s credibility, as the press release stated that figurine had adverse affects on those who used the drug, even giving the example of users craving raw meat and having broken into a butcher to get some! The press release also stated that a warning had been issued by the NSW Police Commissioner.

Dillon noted to inthemix that he had never in fact heard of a drug called ‘figurine’, and that he had not issued any quotes or statements regarding it.

From Inthemix

Pretty bizarre really, imagine that it's an attempt to goad the media into publishing complete crap, perhaps to highlight their perceived sensationalism on drug related matters.

Hater said:
not as bad as the #1 date rape drug vodka cruiser

Except thats not really a hoax ;)

I wouldnt be suprised if a few outlets picked up the story anyway, we know how quick they are to beleive anything no matter how rediculous, especially when drug related, without checking out the source.

there was a brittish show that i saw a bit of a mates house, where this guy carried a fuck-off-huge round pill that was about as big as he was to members of the brittish parliament. He told them it was a new drug, i think it was called 'biscuit'. He got them to film a short couple of words on the evils of this drug. ALL of them did it, with no more information than 'it kills you'. they spouted the usual anti-drug crap. cant remember if he let them in on the secret, that biscuit is actually just a big peice of cardboard.

i have no idea what its from tho. but man was it ever funny.

Isaw something siluar.. but they called it cake. Lol.
Its Brass Eye on Drugs 1997 i think its called. Search the torrent sites for it like torrentspy.com. They also had a segment where there was reverse rehab clinics for children as young as 7.. to get addicted to all the hard drugs before they hit their teenage years.

Hmmm...maybe some gurner got confused and thought their mate was offering them a "little lion"? =D

God, I've been waiting to bust that pun out for years :)

a mixture of crystal meth and ketamine

Ugh. That wouldnt be fun if it was real. Every experience with K and amps never goes well for me. And K goes with everything else.

aunty establishment said:
Hmmm...maybe some gurner got confused and thought their mate was offering them a "little lion"? =D

God, I've been waiting to bust that pun out for years :)

^^ rofl!

I love the part about busting into butchers for raw meat... LOL Its like Dawn on the Dead ;) Zombie Drug Fiends ;)

Has anyone tracked down where this bogus press release came from, or whether it was published legitimately anywhere? Because it's funny, but not very cool to be using Paul "Pillon's" name thusly. Methinks this could be a stunt borne of ITM, whose strict "no drug discussion" policy does tend to create frission :)

Has anyone read this week's 3D world? I would direct your attention to the letters section, in particular the one titled 'Figurine Warning'.

Apparently the active ingredient is 'methodoxy dex amketemine'. 8)

Splatt said:
Isaw something siluar.. but they called it cake. Lol.
Its Brass Eye on Drugs 1997 i think its called. Search the torrent sites for it like torrentspy.com. They also had a segment where there was reverse rehab clinics for children as young as 7.. to get addicted to all the hard drugs before they hit their teenage years.

thats the one! thanks!

As if you'd believe anything that ITM "reported"

They aren't exactly known for their top notch journalism...

electreauxbella said:
As if you'd believe anything that ITM "reported"

They aren't exactly known for their top notch journalism...
Hey, that's quite a wide brush you're tarring with there :\