• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Heroin death fears for club ravers

Firstly as many other normal beings have pointed out - If there was enough gear to kill a bloke via ingestion It would be extremely expensive and large in mass. Making it very unlikely in the drug/business world.

Secondly, If Mr.X had good Heroin capable of killing a raver in 1-2 pills via this method, Why would he waste it on a party person spening $20-50 per pill for the thrill. Certinally if Mr.X was stocked up he would sell this to addicts/recreationalists - that are willing to spend $50 for 1/10gram.

You may be fucked but you're damn right, this makes no sense at all and is most likely a scare tactic as other have pointed out.

*Sigh*

I hate this prohibition...:(

why are people getting so arked about this?

the newspaper is full of sensationalist journalism everyday...

what to people expect?

you are playing into their hands - they are getting the reaction they want - which sparks controversy and discussion...

its like complaining about fuel prices..."oh no! i have to pay an extra 0.92c a week for fuel......oh the humanity!"

we all know the tabloids are full of crap...why feed the fire!

I think I can shed some light on this story.

I was working a night shift this week at a certain major Adelaide hospital when our communications clerk approached me, saying that there was a woman on the phone who demanded to speak with me, and me alone, and refused to give her name (I get a lot of that).

With a deep sigh, I took the call, and proceeded to listen to a very strange lady tell me a very long story about how Afghani brown was about to be released onto the streets of Adelaide, in pill form... She told me that she was a mature student, studying law at one of the Adelaide universities- I'm sure that's where the Advertiser got 'legal source' from... She also was concerned about all of Australia's sniffer dog capacity coming to Adelaide this week... In summary, she was yet another crazy lady, off-tap and wanting to chat. Hey- it's what I do for a living...

I was contacted by the Advertiser the next day for comment, but I'm not speaking to them at the moment- I usually give them "time out's" if they mis-quote me, and they're in the middle of one now- so they just ran with the story anyway, without a skerrick of evidence. Absolutely typical of the Advertiser, average reading age 13 years (no really, it's been tested...)

Intrigued by the prospect of a Bluelight run media watch- think it's a great idea. I've engaged with the Australian Science Media Centre, who are all about accurate media reporting, and they have expressed an interest. We could award 'Dopey' awards to the worst drug reporting every year, and have it judged by motivated academic, supplied by tips from the underground and internet... Bluelighters could be our eyes and ears!

Fascinating story drplatypus.

So this paper will run anything from any raving lunatic thanks to a lack of journalistic integrity. I would be really interested in the credibility of this crazy lady though, or at least what makes the paper think she has any credibility.

Very good point, pistachio- just because people are crazy and paranoid, doesn't mean that they haven't stumbled over some element of truth in the social circles in which they mingle. Although I haven't put much store in there being ANY such pills around, largely for the financial / market reasons outlined in the above discussion, I've stiil let colleagues know of the rumor...

There's another academic article in it if it for me does pan out to be true...

drplatypus said:
I was contacted by the Advertiser the next day for comment, but I'm not speaking to them at the moment- I usually give them "time out's" if they mis-quote me, and they're in the middle of one now- so they just ran with the story anyway, without a skerrick of evidence.

=D Time-outs - that's great!

mushi mushi 88 said:
Heroin based pill's WTF why why why? Heroin would be too expensive to put into pill's why would they even bother.... Also people buy pill's top go PING not to nod off so their would be hardly any money to be made.

I hate people that put shit into pill's which is pretty much every pill these days... It fucking sucks big time.

It's happened before.
Search through the DEA Microgram publications and you'll find "ecstasy" pills adulterated with both cocaine and/or heroin. I can't find the article right off the bat but I'm certain this is the case.

It's happened before.
Search through the DEA Microgram publications and you'll find "ecstasy" pills adulterated with both cocaine and/or heroin. I can't find the article right off the bat but I'm certain this is the case.

But to what extent were they 'adulterated'? It's more likely that some coke/smack rubbed off during the production process then that they were actually used as active ingredients.

There is only one report on Pill Reports as well containing an ecstasy tablet with heroin, and many think that it was just a one off made for shits and giggles sent off to the lab to surprise them when it was tested.