• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: [Herald Sun] - 22/08/2005 ' VIPs shamed on cocaine'

coke's image is definately that of a soft drug, to a LOT of young people out there. i know a lot of young people who have given it a go, and would use as often as they could if the price wasnt so high. (wouldnt everyone?!?!?)

and a little OT, but who here saw last nights NRL footy show? there was a little snippet of the rabbitohs dressing room after their win last week. russell crowe was in there and someone asked him "what are you going to do to celebrate?"

as he was about to reply, quickly put one finger over a nostril, with a quick little sniff and said "have some champagne"

maybe im reading into it too much, but my gf pointed it out as well, and she isn't nearly as into the odd chem indulgence as me.

^^^^ probably not a bad guess. My uncle used to be in the loop with organising gigs and stuff back in the day.
Told me a story of how Jimmy Barnes was full-on. While it wasn't coke, he saw him pound 2 bottles of bourban and go out on stage and do the best damn show he's ever seen. Guess I'm just saying Barnes parties HARD. How hard I'm not sure ;)

Bent said:
Got to say, I question just how smart this informer is...if you're going to name names, and very high profile ones, plus name your source, I don't think it would be too long before someone works out who you are...and for the money he's taking, it wouldn't be too long after that point before someone quiet's him down a tad!

Yeah, i was thinking that, but, I also noted that he named a bunch of dead guys as he's cocaine source...

...My uncle used to be in the loop with organising gigs and stuff back in the day.

If you only knew....

Around the mid 80's my best mate at the time became involved with promoting and organising concerts. He was a bit green at what money he would be required to come up with, but had a very wealthy friend, with an almost bottomless purse and a father of international repute. My friend wasn't dumb though, and he's always been an excellent business man. Despite this and knowing quite few scallywags himself, he didn't know any big bosses. But all that had to change when he was given the first riders for several of Aus's bigger bands of the time. After he'd recovered from the shock of what was required, I remember him saying to me, "I'm alright for this and that, but where the fuck do we get . . . ?" Of course this even greener ex-kiwi and recent arrival to the area had no idea at all.

Needless to say he found out though, as none of the bands making the requests ever signed their contracts until a word of mouth guarantee was given. For his first event, a couple of the biggest bands wouldn't sign at all until one of their management sighted all the goods on the rider.

However, what was even more shocking, was the bands and performers travelling the country a few years later doing widely publicized antidrug concerts of the time. You know, Australia's boot licking response to Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" blurb. These local performers and their tours were frequently co-funded by the government. Many of these people were some of the biggest users I've ever met. 'Just say No' it was cried on stage...err well, 'til after the show anyway ;)

Last edited:
Cocaine: Shock therapy in party drug ads
Keith Moor
22 Aug 2005

IT starts off like any other anti-party drug television advertisement.
There's a nightclub full of beautiful people.
One of those beautiful people leaves the dance floor and locks himself inside a toilet cubicle.
Then it gets shocking.
He peels his scalp back and uses his fingers to scoop out a bit of brain.
The brain part is placed on the toilet seat and chopped into fine particles with a razor blade.
Then he snorts the bloodied bits up his nose through a rolled up banknote.
"It's graphic. Very graphic," said the head of the Victoria Police major drug investigation division, acting Det-Supt Bob Hill.
"But there is no illusion as to the harm you are doing by using cocaine. There is irrefutable evidence that sustained cocaine use causes brain damage."

The brain-snorting ad is being shown on television in New Zealand as part of a campaign against an increase in the use of amphetamine-based drugs, ecstasy tablets and cocaine by nightclub and rave party goers. Bla Bla Bla Bla!!!!

Has anyone seen this piece of modern day reefer madness? It's absolutly hilarious!! What a waste of Kiwi tax payer dollars. Although I must admit it's more entertaining than our current John Howard reruns.

ShantiBoy said:
Has anyone seen this piece of modern day reefer madness? It's absolutly hilarious!! What a waste of Kiwi tax payer dollars. Although I must admit it's more entertaining than our current John Howard reruns. [/B]

I haven't seen this! And I live in NZ. There's been no publicity or comment within the drug and alcohol field so unless I'm living in some vacuum then it hasn't appeared or the reporter might be telling fibs.

And while I won't reveal what I do for a job, I would be one of the first to know about some campaign like this.

Thats interesting I have a copy of this add and I have been informed by several sources that it is a NZ production. If I wasn't such a techna phobe I would post it up but I don't know how. Although if you want a copy I'll gladly send you one. Cheers