Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Herald-Sun 16 Nov 04: Pre-mixed drinks sweet and potent

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Pre-mixed drinks sweet and potent
Tanya Giles
16nov04

THE alcohol content of popular pre-mixed drinks should be reduced to 2.5 per cent to curb binge drinking by teenagers, Parliament has been told.

Former Opposition leader Denis Napthine has called on the Government to legislate to reduce the alcohol content of drinks such as Wild Turkey from 8 per cent to 2.5 per cent, the same as light beer.

Dr Napthine said he was particularly concerned about a new product called Passion Pop, which has an alcohol content of 9.5 per cent.

Last week he bought a bottle on special for only $3.95.

"It is a bubbly drink, it is very sweet and it is 9.5 per cent alcohol," Dr Napthine said. "These levels of alcohol are far too high for this type of drink."

From: http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11396711%5E2862,00.html

"Last week he bought a bottle on special..." - Well, I really think that on his wage he could afford a better quaff than Passion Pop to go with Sunday dinner...

BigTrancer ;)

Oh sure, just because a bunch of kids like to get fucked up on wussy alcohol the rest of the population has to suffer. 8)

The kids will just sidestep it and make those drinks themselves from spirits and juice and whatnot. It's not like this will make a difference, in fact they'll probably get more of their money's worth this way and get more drunk.

Man I NEVER bought RTD's when I was a kid...nobody I knew did...too bloody expensive...MAYBE beer but didn't get you that fucked so refill rum/vodka/gin or wild turkey or whatever cheap fuck spirits were going at the time.

What a great idea. Reduce the alcoholic content of R2D's so the kiddies have to buy about three times as much to get drunk (because in the end thats what they're out to do). That way the government, who taxes the fuck out of alcohol, can make even more of a mint. But hey, Aus is so poor we could do with another couple of billion budget surplus....

what a tool. haha. Kids are always going to drink... oh dear, kind of sounds like people will always use drugs... gosh darn it...

If they don't have good 'ol passion pop (which is as old as the hills... far from new) they just make stronger 50/50 mixes of vodka and juice anyway... I hate this man. DIE!

nickthecheese said:
the passion is new? i thought it was old!

The guys a freaking idiot...passion pop has been getting kids pissed for years and years and years. And anyway, its a 750ml bottle, so 9% for that isn't too bad.

Plus he got ripped off...if he shopped around for it he could have got it for $3.50.

WTF NEW? Kids have been growing up on passion pop for generations. ITS NOT EVEN A FUCKING RTD, ITS SPARKLING WINE!!!!!

if they do that to my wild turkey, i just might flip.

not cool big brother.

I agree with Cyberdine - UDLs and such were way too expensive compared to blackberry nip and wipeout (such an apt name for $6 malibu).

BT ;)

"Former Opposition leader Denis Napthine has called on the Government to legislate to reduce the alcohol content of drinks such as Wild Turkey from 8 per cent to 2.5 per cent, the same as light beer."

Do this and I will shoot you Mr Napthine

"Former Opposition leader Denis Napthine has called on the Government to legislate to reduce the alcohol content of drinks such as Wild Turkey from 8 per cent to 2.5 per cent, the same as light beer."

Fuck it, just bring back prohibition, that'll solve everything.

Dickhead, not wonder he couldn't get the Libs back in power.

i think the focus is more on drinks like udls, cruisers etc...

you dont see grown men walking around a party with a rasberry cruiser hehe, its not like it matters though, whats stopping them from buying a bottle and making a stronger mix, it just seems pointless

If they get rid of bundy op's or any bundy product there will be riots in rural areas! And I'll be leading them!

Grrrrr Denis Napthine you fucking igit