Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Hack/Triple J 26/07/2005 - Enlighten Pill Testing

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
A Triple J 'Hack' current affairs story on Enlighten when we went testing on the weekend. mp3 is here.

I actually came in to start up this thread because there wasn't one on it. Johnboy was quite convincing in his argument and it was good to hear punters talking openly about their drug taking. I like how he answered the question of whether Enlighten was condoning the use of drugs.

I think everyone should listen to it, it is a good listen.

Cheers.

yeah i listened in... completly by accident.. adn i heard that a guy named john was talking, my first reaction was johnboy....

it was good... he had all his stuff down ,and it all worked.. good report.... cept for all the yelling, adn that one girl saying she got her pills tested to see if they were strong...

oh wel.. i liked...

CuPillar said:
... cept for all the yelling...

You wouldn't believe how loud it was in the club and we didn't know what the audio levels were like but the mic did a good job of getting the voice.

I agree, great to hear some positive media about an important project, however....

CuPillar said:
cept for all the yelling, adn that one girl saying she got her pills tested to see if they were strong...

... Those type of comments really detract from the main aim of the game, but I guess you have to take everyone as they come.

thought it was funny to hear the term 'Munting' though:)

i felt so 'in the know' when i heard the report, even though i dont know johnboy.... i felt cool.. hahaha..

hack seems to be doing a couple on the enlighten scene, and pill testing.. i heard 2 so far in like 2 weeks i think... go steve go!!!

Sounds cool guys! :)

Though I would be careful about calling it an "Ecstasy like substance". Calling anything Ecstasy is creating an ambiguity about what it is your defining as the desired ingredient.

I would rather say "MDMA or an MDMA class compound/substance". Other than that, its great to see people are becoming educated and aware of the risks and dangers involved with Ecstasy.

If you ever need a star witness when you get arrested! I'll be there! :D

Originally posted by Leprechaun
Though I would be careful about calling it an "Ecstasy like substance". Calling anything Ecstasy is creating an ambiguity about what it is your defining as the desired ingredient.
We're not calling anything ecstasy because we only say that when the evidence (ie. the reagent test) indicates a purple/black reaction, therefore it may be MDMA, MDA, or MDEA. Additionally, and as a technicality, there is no defined 'desired' ingredient because people want different things from their pills and no drug is safe. ;)

I would rather say "MDMA or an MDMA class compound/substance".
yea that's a good suggestion, we'll take it on board.

Its a shame this guy doesnt want to 'add' anything to his original comments, perhaps they were unfounded and spare-of-the-moment remarks. He wants members of Enlighten arrested for providing a harm reduction facility to pill users? I think he should be arrested for encouraging harmful and irresponsible use of substances

truly awesome report!
this needs to be made legal now...
please why won't they listen... :(

yer i used to be a medic at raves and my bro is a paramedic at one of sydneys best nightclubs and the amount of times we've found pills on someone totally fucked up n wished we knew what was in em because the differences between the drugs are a huge factor in how we treat cases and alot of people have died because we are not going to treat them like a mdma overdose or a bad reaction to k we just treat them as an unknown drug overdose which means we cant do shitall so just remember if one of ur mates conks out TELL THE MEDIC WHAT WAS IN THE PILL if u are 100% sure because i promise u we dont run straight to the cops we are too busy and the cops leave us alone and generally steer cleer of us except for violent cases

^ much, much respect to you and all medics who dedicate their time to such a cause. you are very much appreciated by everyone who experiments/uses substances..

it keeps saying the 'conection was refused when trying to contact the site' what does that mean?

it seems both pillreports.com and enlighten are having these problems at the moment