• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News - Grieving parents' ecstasy plea - The West - 2nd Jan 2007

Hmmm, definately sad to hear about another drug related death. My thoughts are that perhaps the death was related to not taking proper precautions while using MDMA. There is every chance that her death was caused from dehydration, or even drinking too much. Considering it states that she was very inexperienced, these are a real possibility.
I think mis-information or the lack of is one of the greatest factors here. I think there needs to be more harm reduction information available for the general public so that first time users are more aware of the safety measures one should take...

JakesCode said:
I am just curious to know how they performed the test?

How do they find the percentage of purity? I would assume they'd have to first seperate they MDMA (unpure) from the contents of the pill (binders etc) and then work out how much of the MDMA is pure? It all sounds quite suspect.. You'd imagine if they separated the MDMA from the pill.. it would be mostly pure once extracted?

Perhaps they are saying only 45% of the pill was MDMA and the rest of the pill was inactive (impurities.. binders, whatever else)..

Has anyone weighed these little todgers? Im just curious to see what 45% of the weight would be..

They use GC/MS to test the active chemicals and also the quantity.
Read here: http://www.scientific.org/tutorials/articles/gcms.html

JakesCode said:
If thats so, then I find it highly interesting that everyone rates these as a strong dose. I'd even go as far as saying they are moderately clean and have very little comedown or negative effects (as per my experiences). Makes you wonder how little active product may be in your average ho humm pill. I wouldnt say these feel any weaker than the good batch of green mitzibushis rated at i think 130 - 140mg? (if i remember correctly)

What does everyone else thing about this?

These are probably all different batches of pink hearts. I don't think the current batch of pink hearts circulating has been analysed or the data released. We don't actually know what they contain.

Fry-d- said:
These are probably all different batches of pink hearts. I don't think the current batch of pink hearts circulating has been analysed or the data released. We don't actually know what they contain.

Good point Fry-d-!

Knowing the media they have probably just used any old reports of hearts in the past.. The media is nothing but trouble 8(

Could it have been mCCP? I've heard that some batches of hearts have come up with doses of mCCP in holland (there's a post on p8illreports) and it's being used more and more as an adulterant i.e the batch of shreks that has been making people ill sounds from all evidence that they do contain this nasty chemical..

Anything is possible but that can only be speculation without the proper tests being done.

No need to give the media something else to jump onto unless there is solid evidence to back up the fact.

I had one, that i powederd and put in a cap, hit me all at once like a train, best ive had, no bad effects

hoptis, do u really think this poor girls boyfriend gives a fuck that he has been charged? His girlfriend just died ffs. I can tell u this 4 sure, He is numb with grief and the legal matters of this pale into insignificance

I'm sure he is stricken with grief and the legal matters right now seem very insignificant to him, I'm not quite sure where you think I was trying to say otherwise?

New Beginning said:
I once overdosed on MDMA-based pills... I'd had the same quantity of the same pills before and was fine but for some reason that day they violently disagreed with me.

The staff in the Emergency Room didn't tell the police - and they easily could have. The hospital was crawling with police, interviewing drunk drivers in the beds on either side of me. I know it is an old line to tow, but...

If your friends *are* in trouble, please don't hesitate to call for help. If mine hadn't I may not still be here today.

Actually, hospital and ambulance staff have no obligation to contact the police unless they feel a crime has been committed, or if there is a death.

Just so you know :)

I once called 000 when i was IV'ing and thought i had hit an artery. As embarrassed as i was, they were really good about it. I felt like the biggest junkie but they were more than supportive.

MR Candyslut said:
Actually, hospital and ambulance staff have no obligation to contact the police unless they feel a crime has been committed, or if there is a death.

Just so you know :)

I know... I just mention it because it's so very important that people realise that they won't get into trouble if something goes wrong. As you discovered yourself, sometimes things happen and when you need help people need to know that it's there.

hoptis, just hard to articulate my thoughts atm. wasn't meant to sound like that. apologies