Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News : Govt to supply new 'unsniffable' fuel - 17th Feb

Fry-d-

Bluelight Crew
Govt to supply new 'unsniffable' fuel
A petrol company has developed a special type of fuel that cannot be used by petrol sniffers to get high.

The Federal Health Minister says that since 1998 the Government has ensured aviation fuel has been substituted for normal fuel in some Indigenous communities.

Aviation fuel does not contain aromatic hydrocarbons, which are attractive to sniffers.

Tony Abbott says that is no longer possible because aviation fuel must now contain the hydrocarbons for environmental reasons.

However, the Minister has told Parliament that a new type of fuel has been developed and the Government will pay to supply it to Indigenous communities.

"[It is] a special type of unleaded fuel without any aromatic hydrocarbons specially designed for use in remote Indigenous communities," Mr Abbott said.

"I'm pleased to say that thanks to this, the Government will continue to spend $1 million a year supplying unsniffable fuel to remote communities where petrol sniffing is a potential problem."

Taken from ABC news online

All part of a pre election beat up I'm sure, but another interesting substance abuse problem they think they have a solution for.

Hypothetically, if you were a petrol sniffer and can no longer partake in the activity then what do you do? Move to another substance, chroming, other inhalants, anything else. The Government is spending $1m p.a. to treat a symptom, not a cause.

^ Exactly. Isn't current federal policy about also reducing demand? Reducing supply alone will in all likelihood do as Mac has indicated. Let's just hope that desperation doesn't result in the more dangerous practices of heating normally benign substances to produce volatiles.

All I can say is there'd better be one hell of an education budget to accompany this move, because without it, you can betcha boots that resourceful, bored teenagers will find ways to beat it :(

I think its become that much of a problem a simple quick fix is a must.

One step is better than no step...

Yeah It's actually BP that is introducing that!

Umm I honestly couldn't give a shit about petrol sniffers or chromers. In our area all the ones that do it are homeless and abusive to the public and aggressive. they start fights for no reson and they have no shame!

This is in Cairns. The majority are Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders. They abuse tourists, they start fights, they are rude, ignorant and then call us RACIST, when they are the one starting the fight or bashing us!!!

ITS BULLSHIT, So I couldn't really care fo low-life scum!

SpecTBK=D

Originally posted by Special-T.B.K
Yeah It's actually BP that is introducing that!

Umm I honestly couldn't give a shit about petrol sniffers or chromers. In our area all the ones that do it are homeless and abusive to the public and aggressive. they start fights for no reson and they have no shame!

This is in Cairns. The majority are Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders. They abuse tourists, they start fights, they are rude, ignorant and then call us RACIST, when they are the one starting the fight or bashing us!!!

ITS BULLSHIT, So I couldn't really care fo low-life scum!

SpecTBK=D
I hate to sound like Ned Flanders here, but everyone deserves tolerance even if they don't show it to you. You do not know of their past, no doubt it has not been as privileged or easy as yours.

Good to see the government spend money on shit they don't have to, as per usual8( .

YEAH MAYBE...

But see I see Australia as everyones land. No-one has more right to it... it's everyones... But when Im sitting outside a servo eating a pie and get gang bashed u can see my P.O.V.

And when whites bash blacks it's a Racial attack, when blacks bash whites it's just a bashing!!!

You all live in Sydney or wherever you have no idea how bad it really is!!!

SpecTBK=D