• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Good diet can help ice addicts....

phlegm69

Bluelighter
A SHORT course of multivitamins may help ice addicts kick their habit without intervention by doctors and pharmaceutical companies, a study has found.

Regular use of crystal methamphetamine depletes the brain of serotonin, noradrenaline and dopamine, chemicals responsible for motivation, arousal, wakefulness and mood regulation. Users can feel depressed and lethargic for up to four days while their brains replenish the neurotransmitters.

"Ice addicts don't eat very much because they have no appetite," said Adam Winstock, a senior lecturer with the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre.

"But without the right amino acids you get from a balanced diet, the brain cannot replace these chemicals, which make us happy. The addict continues to feel lousy and tired, and needs more ice to feel OK. It's a vicious circle and there is no effective treatment for ice addiction."

Many addicts were prescribed antidepressants after reporting a low mood to their doctor, while others were given anti-psychotics for paranoia, Dr Winstock said.

"But more drugs are not the answer. We need to get them physically healthy enough so they understand that they can feel better without ice. We have aimed to reduce the severity and duration of withdrawal symptoms by providing participants with replacements for these neurotransmitters."

In a nine-month trial at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Camperdown, Dr Winstock gave addicts supplements containing three amino acids known to rebuild neurotransmitters. "The counsellors reported that some people made quite a positive physical transformation … Some have stopped using ice and some have cut back."

More people are needed for the trial. Inquiries: 02 9515 6311

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/good-diet-can-help-ice-addicts/2008/04/11/1207856832431.html

strangely for me, nothing beats a good feed of mcdonalds or KFC after a big meth binge. GFF. :\

[EDIT: Unnecessary comments removed. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the spiralling price and the plummet in quality has helped me overcome my ice addiction

i've never found myself feeling any addictedness to ice,
use it maybe once every couple of weeks, maybe once a week at most.
anywhere between 3 points to a gram over the course of a weekend.
sometimes i even go for 2 - 3 months without, even longer. but it's been like this since i first tried it years ago.

unlike most, i cant stand crackies, they fuckin stink, and just cant bring myself to use one.
so i crush it up with a hammer or a mortar and pestle.
and rail it.

i've heard some people say you get hooked on the rush you get from the pipe. maybe thats why its never hooked me.
but on the other side of the coin, i got addicted to speed when i was 15, and was using daily for a good 2 years.

but yeah. spiralling price is out of control.
however i've found the quality lately... has been a fuckload better than it used to be when i first was getting it.

3 points the other weekend got me fucked up immensely. loved it :D
came in nice big chunks too.

but about this study, i've found i naturally seem to crave foods such as peanuts, cashews, oranges and also salty foods about 2 - 3 days after an ice binge,
cant say i deal with the demotivation, my house becomes sparkly clean, my stats at work are amazing, productivity increases heaps.

then again, cant say i would classify myself as an addict