• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : Five overdose, 100 arrested at festival

Definitely agree with it being the best event/festival I've ever attended.

I got there around 11.30 and saw a couple of dogs.

I think the amount of ODs was low compared to how many people attended. I didn't notice much antisocial behaviour at the event either, everyone seemed reasonably friendly.

Agreed. One of the best festivals I have been too, having said that, it was the first festival I have been too and it just blew me away. The Dutch really know how to have a party! lol

Anyone that wants to have a look at what it was like, just jump on YouTube and have a look at some vids. Best day/night of my life this year hehe :D

Yeah, Big Day Out and Soundwave organisers really have to talk to Q-dance about how to throw a party. Everything from the music, to the logistics to the sheer size of the production was fantastic. Lets face it, 5 overdoses is a fantastic number for 17,000 people. (they went over capacity)

heh... well im surprised there wasnt more. because half the people there wouilda gone up with all their G from melbourne.. and there woulda been a rather large influx of mephedrone at the party also..

I am from Melbourne and come to this thread to read about sniffer dogs and what not.
But instead this thread just made me feel sad that I missed out on Defcon! I was supposed to go but changed my mind last minute.

Maybe next year!

*sadface* :<

Some friends went to Defqon1 from Melbourne and said after showing their VIC license were directed to another line specifically for Interstaters, had to walk about 500m to another security checkpoint where they were thoroughly searched for *GHB*. Dogs walked past them but pulled up some people in front of them.

I wonder what gods has in store :eek:)

I wonder what godskitchen has in store

lol...dont even go there. You seriously dont know how fucken tight it was with the sniffer dogs are Godskitchen. It was unbearable. You seriously cannot enjoy an event or rave anymore without looking over your back constantly non stop to see if a fucken dog is coming towards you. Its more annoying then anything. I dont hold anything on me anymore so I dont worry as much but its not the point. Watching half the venue get searched and interviewed by cops left right and center is a joke and takes the fun out of the actualy purpose ur there for. And thats to have fun and enjoy the music!

When a dog come sits next to me next time, watch me play the game back at them. Fucken sad cunts...i'll pull out a fucken 'Smacko' or some doggie treat for the dogs and say "good boy!". 2 can play this game.

Some friends went to Defqon1 from Melbourne and said after showing their VIC license were directed to another line specifically for Interstaters, had to walk about 500m to another security checkpoint where they were thoroughly searched for *GHB*. Dogs walked past them but pulled up some people in front of them.

I wonder what gods has in store :eek:)

Sydney are just a bunch of Melb haters.

8):p=D=D=D

lol...dont even go there. You seriously dont know how fucken tight it was with the sniffer dogs are Godskitchen. It was unbearable. You seriously cannot enjoy an event or rave anymore without looking over your back constantly non stop to see if a fucken dog is coming towards you. Its more annoying then anything. I dont hold anything on me anymore so I dont worry as much but its not the point. Watching half the venue get searched and interviewed by cops left right and center is a joke and takes the fun out of the actualy purpose ur there for. And thats to have fun and enjoy the music!

When a dog come sits next to me next time, watch me play the game back at them. Fucken sad cunts...i'll pull out a fucken 'Smacko' or some doggie treat for the dogs and say "good boy!". 2 can play this game.

Would they really have dogs walking around Hi Sense arena though? or just around the outside area? Did you attend Gods in Sydney?

I'm assuming they'll have them on the outside but I cannot see them patrolling inside unless they are in the lobby area..? Either way I can't see people having too many problems.

Last edited:
I thought it was a great event too but 4 of my friends got searched(some strip searched) and only one of my friends got done with 3 pills, its funny tho coz the guy standing next to him had 50 pills in his pocket/dacks and the dog didnt even sit when he sniffed him LMFAO

I shouldnt have said they were friens. though, just aquainences

4 of my friends got searched(some strip searched)

did i read that right? are they really starting to do that in australia now? i always thought they had to have proper doctors and booths set up aside and all that jazz....

i s'pose they consider it worthwhile, doctors poop more civilized than dogs :p

Did you attend Gods in Sydney?

Yeah I did and they held the event at the Horden Pavillion. Basically it has a big outside chill out area at the front of the venue. They were patrolling outside the gates at the start of it but even when the event started, they came inside with one dog and started patrolling certain areas of the chill out area. (Mainly all the suss areas and the cloak line up).

They were being smartarses and was waiting at the cloak desk, sniffing the line up and plucking random people, probably because people were trying to get rid of their stash or whatever by handing it to the cloaks.

I though DefQon was tight but after Godskitchen I can see they mean business and its just not fun/fair anymore :(

Festivals are shit. The dogs have ruined it totally. U cant even enjoy urself anymore. I mean what harm would someone do if they are high? there mite be a few but way less than drunks.

Remember, if you stop going out to festivals with drugs because of this, then the cops have won!

Gotta fight, for your right, to parrrrrrty!

Remember, if you stop going out to festivals with drugs because of this, then the cops have won!

Gotta fight, for your right, to parrrrrrty!

Naah mate, if u intend on having a blast and doing drugs u will eventually get busted maybe not on ur 1st time but 2nd or 3rd. They have won it long time ago mate. Unfortunately they will always have the power in the end not matter who u are or what u do.

I can't wait for the day all the safe(er) drugs are legalised. Put 90% of the fucking useless prick cops out of a job, then we'll see who is laughing.

Sorry if it seems blunt, but it really pisses me off that businessmen can rip off honest people for millions of dollars and get away with it, yet cops go after a quite young guy for some private drug taking at a music event. This world is fucked.

Yeah I did and they held the event at the Horden Pavillion. Basically it has a big outside chill out area at the front of the venue. They were patrolling outside the gates at the start of it but even when the event started, they came inside with one dog and started patrolling certain areas of the chill out area. (Mainly all the suss areas and the cloak line up).

They were being smartarses and was waiting at the cloak desk, sniffing the line up and plucking random people, probably because people were trying to get rid of their stash or whatever by handing it to the cloaks.

I though DefQon was tight but after Godskitchen I can see they mean business and its just not fun/fair anymore :(

Ah that sucks, I guess they'll have the same setup here in Melbourne. I didn't see any police at last years Godskitchen. Woop woop.

I'll let you know how it goes :D

police presence = demand / supply reduction policy of the government is now more visable. The police have been doing this for many years and it is not a recent thing at all. *pulls on jaded hat* i remember at one of the mystic parties in the late 90-early 00's at liverpool was swarmed by cops and drug dogs. they set up a mobile booking station in full view of all the punters and were processing people, photos and all infront of the line up to get in. Police were calling parents to come and pick up their kids that were over the age of 18 and everybody in the line was witness to this happening.

the police heavey handed tactics whould be reported but many people are afraid to do so publicly for fear of retribution or surveilance from the police. which is probably also to do with peoples ongoing willingness to do substances recreationally.

i would encourage all those who feel afronted by this to contact their local police ombudman and complain. I was at godskitchen and witnessed the shameless harrasment of people all night- this probably meant that people acted like that lass from the other years BDO eating their stash before coming in and putting themselves at greateer risk

Would love to fight for my right to party! Was it NWA who said " Fuck The Police ?"

One day we will take the power back.