• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Five hospitalised by party drug (GHB)

It rather depends on what hospital you attend. If a serious crime has been committed (ie someone has been murdered, raped etc), then all the clothing and possessions become police evidence and are bagged and labelled. If you are some poor sap who has just overdosed all on your own, generally one of 3 things will occur:
1) Nothing at all- most doctors wouldn't recognize a class A substance in it's native form if it walked up to them, introduced itself and slapped them in the face with a halibut.
2) It would be confiscated. It is policy in most hospitals to remove that which might be considered as harmful, and given the generic perception of the association between 'dance drugs' and overdose (in no small way thankto GHB:D ), I think this would be the commonest approach
3) You would find a small portion of it missing, because it had been sent for GCMS analysis by medical researchers working in the department=D

In virtually no circumstances would the police be called for simple posession, UNLESS you were suspected of perpetrating a crime under their influence. Be aware that that may include crashing your car under the influence. Otherwise most of us would consider contacting the police as a serious breach of your confidentiality, one of the worst things a doctor can do...

re: distinction between 'g-ing out' and o-d-ing....

all it comes down to is personal perception... read my post on page 3 of the GHB/1,4-b FAQ

if I found some-one G-ed out at a house party, I would probally just keep an eye on them knowing full well that they will be fine in a short period of time... whereas if Joe Blow found someone G-ed out at a club/rave, after kicking/slapping them silly for 5 mins and getting NO response from them, Jow might get a little bit worried, start screaming something about "why wont abybody think about the children!!" and then call an ambulance.

same shit, different perception.... as to which one is 'correct'???

both

M

what happens if the amount is slightly larger that just afew pills?

i know here in perth its quiet common practice to get like 5+ of ur buddies together and all buy 1-3+ pills, do a little bulk buy to try cut ur costs abit due the high prices of pills.

what if some poor sap ends up in the emergency room with 15-25+ pills or so?

I can only speak from my experience, but I know alot of the Perth guys both socially and professionally, and my guess is the worst that might happen is that if multiple pills can't be definitively identified as a medication, they will be confiscated and disposed of. (You might not be , for all we would know, a recreational overdose but a suicide attempt, in which case it would stupid for us to leave you with a whole bunch of unidentified pills). For most medical staff, items for personal use are often ignored. However, I certainly know of a few nervous types who would probably erroneously jump to the conclusion that you are a 'dealer', and sympathy for you would be less. That might extend, in exceptional cases, to a quiet phone call to the constabulary from our less liberal medical colleagues...:\

drplatypus said:
It rather depends on what hospital you attend. If a serious crime has been committed (ie someone has been murdered, raped etc), then all the clothing and possessions become police evidence and are bagged and labelled. If you are some poor sap who has just overdosed all on your own, generally one of 3 things will occur:
1) Nothing at all- most doctors wouldn't recognize a class A substance in it's native form if it walked up to them, introduced itself and slapped them in the face with a halibut.
2) It would be confiscated. It is policy in most hospitals to remove that which might be considered as harmful, and given the generic perception of the association between 'dance drugs' and overdose (in no small way thankto GHB:D ), I think this would be the commonest approach
3) You would find a small portion of it missing, because it had been sent for GCMS analysis by medical researchers working in the department=D
do...

4) You wake up to find your drugs have been confiscated for "analysis" by the doctors and nursing staff at the end of their shift. =D

drplatypus said:
This is further supported by an article in this months edition of 'Addiction' looking at the acute toxicity of recreational drugs in overdose.

is this a Australian medical magazine or something can but hunted down the local uni library or something?

Thanks for your contributions drplatypus you’re an asset to bluelight and the wider community :)

Witch Doctor: I'd think carrying all your friends pills all night an unnecessary risk. If this is indeed what such a number is intended for I'd insist those who wanted them carried them themselves or consumed them before entering the club.

Im thinking this is a dumb question, but if you lapse into unconsciousness, the only way to become conscious again is with medical attention isn't it? My mother is a nurse, I should listen to her more.

Thanks for the above info, I'm also just trying to figure out - is the general consensus that falling asleep on G is ok - how close is that to going too far. Just wondering bc I fell asleep on it the other night, no one was around so I dunno how deep I was sleeping, but I didn't hear stuff like my phone which I should have, and normally would.

If your falling asleep on it, then your going too far.

I wouldnt recommend doing it on your own either.. :/

Speaking from recent personal experience on 2 seperate occasions (one me and a friend after being in a car accident and once a friend after g'ing out) hospital staff have passed on the drugs (pills, G and speed) to the police within a matter of hours and both occasions have resulted in the police contacting us... Sorry to go against what everyone has said, but that's what happened to me! Also, is someone with some sort of medical knowledge able to explain exactly how bad it is to deliberately have a small dose of G/1,4 to fall asleep? I have quite serious sleeping problems and often when I'm at my wits end, I have a small dose in order to help myself fall asleep. I'm not talking about an overdose amount of 3, 4 or 5 mLs, I'm talking about less than what I would normally agve at a club, 1.5-2 mL... It seems to be the only way to get some sleep sometimes, even most sleeping tablets don't seem to help... I've done this on hundreds of occasions over the past 3 or so years, and have never had a problem - I always wake up a few hours later feeling perfectly fine - just a hell of a lot less tired!!! Any info would be heaps appreciated...!

If you have sleeping problems then you legitimately have a case to see a doctor who will correctly assess you and prescribe you something. It's not the best thing to start self medicating with something like 1,4b.

Yeah, it's funny the amount of people who've never overdosed, but have "G'd out" a couple of times... like there's a distinction or something.

Absolutely there is a distinction. One is temporary and th other one is fatal uness you are given medical assistance. Simple as that. They are both overdoses if you interpret the term literally, but most people who have had (or witnessed) a serious overdose will tell you that to "G out", in the wider scheme of things, is markedly different from overdosing. Read more in TDS of OD to hear some horror OD stories...

PS: Dilute your freaking G! It may not make it entirely safe but then again, it could be the difference between "G-ing out" and really ODing.

PPS: girragundji, as CBM said, self medication is not an overly intelligent choice, but if you are going to do it, you would ned as little as 5ml of dilute (ratio of1:8 ). If you wake up a few hours later as you say, it sounds to me like you are actually G-ing out, and what's waking you up is the stimulant like effects of the dopamine re-uptake...

Last edited:
Cowboy Mac, of course I have been to see doctors, I would never just decide to use drugs to sleep without trying legal and medically prescribed drugs. I've been prescribed about 8 different sleeping tablets over the past 4 or 5 years, ranging from valium to tamazepam to stilnox, and none of them do anything to help me sleep. I've been a participant is many research studies on sleep because no-one can figure out why I can't sleep - I've seen psychologists in case there is some deeper reason behind it, I've seen naturopaths, I've been so sleep hospitals and been monitored, and still nothing seems to work... I resort to 1/4B/G when I am totally desperate and haven't slept in days and days and days - it gets to the point that I'd do almost anything for even a few minutes sleep sometimes!
Timmy, thanks for your thoughts... The thought had crossed my mind also, but even when I reduce the amount I have, I still wake up within a few hours - I have no medical explanation as to why, but for some reason my body doesnt seem able to sleep for than a few hours. Once in hospital I was given an extremely large dose of tamazepam and monitored, and doctors predicted I would sleep for 12-14 without waking up...however, even then I woke up within about 4 hours... So although that MIGHT be the case, I'm not entirely convinced... Also, i've never ODed (using the definition of needing medical attention and unrousably unconscious) and have always used the same dosage of G when out partying, and the amount I take before sleeping is only a small fraction of this amount. Thanks for you thoughts though guys... xox

Hi girragundji, i don't know if this would help you but there is an amino acid called GABA that a lot of people use as a GHB replacement for a better deeper sleep and growth hormone effect. Maybe you could try that instead of G all the time? :)

is this a Australian medical magazine or something can but hunted down the local uni library or something?

Addiction is a periodical - not necessarily medical but focused on the alcohol and other drug field. You can get hold of it through most universities. If you have trouble, I can probably get hold of that article so PM me!