• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Earthcore 2005 Permit Declined due to Hospital Strain

Fuck it all... Let's have it at my place... I just need to have a big sign on the front door that says

"FaT InN"

While I have definitely noticed an increase in the level of irresponsible drug use (and increased need for hospitalisation/ outside assistance) at earthcore, I would hardly say that was due to an increase in numbers. Yes, Earthcore is becoming far more 'commerical', the flow on from this being a rapidly changing demographic as to who the event appeals to. The balance of attendees who are there to get fucked up rather than immerse themselves in a festival experience is moving further and further away from the side that lends itself to harm minimisation.

Whilst a move back to a lush location with tree coverage, OR appreciation of the orgasmic lineup OR Club 333 :p, COULD push numbers up, I think the likelihood of earthcore drawing 10,000 people is pretty slim.

That said, I'm sure even 2000 3000 Kandy Kids could completely cripple the local hospital :p

Have to disgagree with you slingshot. Increased numbers is always going to mean increased numbers of people going down and I'm pretty sure with this year's line up you'll be getting over 10,000.
This party has been at Undera for the last two years, as has the Easter Nats. The best people in a position to comment on whether or not the area has adequate resources to deal with emegencies are the hospital and emergency workers themselves.
If earthcore doesn't win this appeal they will find another venue, and the party will rock. One of the best e'cores i've been to was a last minute relocation, and not the crater. Although that was fine too. They've been there a few times for varying circumstances and no matter what happens it'll be a fucking smashing bash.

Sorry I should have clarified, that i see the increase in numbers isn't SOLELY the reason for the increase in hospital attendees.

Naturally more people does = more potential hospital visits, but its the shift in the TYPE of people attracted to Earthcore that I think is pushing up hospital attendances the last couple of years (rather than the sheer numbers).

I have no doubt that Earthcore will be grandiose ammounts of fun, but sadly i have become one those types whose fun is dramatically dampened by every 15yo I see g'ing out, every grope on the arse and camping neighbours who play hard NRG relenentlessly for the duration of festival.

If I had limitless funds (and limitless time off from work) I could medicate myself to the point where i didn't notice a single person around me, make a tutu out of cattleprods and hire a soundproofed campervan ;)

But for someone who loves stopping for random chats, running around on silly missions and generally trying to rope people into fun at every possible opportunity, I don't really wish to spend my $ and precious time off trying to 'fix' an expereince so i can enjoy it fully. Stuff it, i'll just head to rainbow.

I'm all for the Mt Disappointment site. It's my fav of the lot and reminds me of the ECs of olde... I don't think I'd go this time around if I had to trek to any of the other sites. Must be getting old!

Originally posted by miss slingshot
, but its the shift in the TYPE of people attracted to Earthcore that I think is pushing up hospital attendances the last couple of years (rather than the sheer numbers).

^^The same point i was trying to make.

I am fairly certain (not having ever been to an Earthcore, btw) that as the event becomes more "commercial", the type of punter changes from the regular doofers with the few curious bystanders, to a more mainstream crowd, and with that comes people more interested in getting off chops, than, as Miss Slingshot said, fully immersing themselves in the festival experience.

well, theres nothing about EC being canned on there website... so its all still go ahead..

i really hope they dont get granted the permit. i would hate to see people die because the hospital was under way too much strain to take more people.
they should just make EC the next weekend if they realkly wnat to have it at shep!!!!

Earthcore is being moved to another site....

A greener, lusher , better site by the looks of it..

I thought you were anti Earthcore, if you change your mind I'll smack you!!

taken from earthcore.com.au

EARTHCORE VICTORY

Over the past several months Earthcore has been fighting for the right to hold their 3 day festival at Undera after the City of Greater Shepperton refused to issue a permit. The refusal was solely due to GV health's CEO Greg Pullen objecting to the event being held on the same time of another event potentially stretching emergency services at the local hospital to their limits. Today VCAT has given the green light for Earthcore Global Carnival to be held in Undera overturning the council's decision.

This is a victory for Earthcore and the greater Shepperton area on a number of levels:

1. Undera and the greater Shepperton area will receive massive economic flow on effects estimated to be in the region of $2 million . Earthcore is a long standing and professional organisation that follows strong procedures in terms of it's commitment to entertainment, safety and general conduct in all facets of it's operations.

You better party safe kids, if you get in trouble no ones going to be there to help you!

...and for fuck sake LOOK AFTER YOUR FRIENDS.

Research your drugs.

It should be a prerequisite at the gate, that everyone must know the ('safe') dosing of G before entry.

If i hear of any trouble from any of you, expect a personal bitch slapping!
:X

Seriously, the Undera site is not a place to have a psy party.. I hate to be fussy, but I think most of the people that goto earthcore know what i mean when you have to wear masks outdoors on a 45 degree afternoon. This area is more like a health hazard as well as being pretty ugly (no offence to the dude that owns it).. It should be relocated to Mt.Dissapointment or Mt.Baw Baw state forest!! C'mon EC, you know its cuz Undera is Cheaper - less money on the site, more money in your pocket, including my $100...

You're one bunch of corperate whores im willing to give in to

;)

Undera's a great place for a psy party of this size. It's got plenty of space for camping, is a low fire risk due to the main areas being cleared of trees and undergrowth, there's water and swimming nearby and, importantly, it's available.
The difficulty these organisers have in securing adequate outdoor sites by legal means is incredible. I personally think this site is great. Good, centralised, nice shady campsites is you get in early enough. We're lucky to have outdoor parties at all, especially ones as well equipped and musically diverse as this. If you're going to complain about the site then you're really missing the point.
As for the site being cheaper? I doubt that, and so what if it is? Do you relaise how much it costs to set up and secure a party of this size? I doubt they'll be making millions, but they deserve to at least see some reward.
All I hope the local health facilities hold up. There'll be dramas, there always is and it's always the dickheads who you have no hope of getting a safety message through to.
Nice work spiz. Looking forward muchos.;)

Pleonastic said:
They've had far less notice than this before (remember Feb 2001 anyone?) - I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Was this the one I drove you too? With Miranda as well? Down some great big hill?

^^Yeah that was the one. Also the one where most people got stranded because of the rain and the cars getting bogged on the way out. ;)