Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Drug couriers getting dumber!

Bent Mk2

Bluelighter
Routine check hauls $2 bust

Police found a kilogram of drugs valued at $2 million in a car during a routine traffic check in Seymour in Victoria's north-east last night.

A 33-year-old Sunshine man has been charged with trafficking a drug of dependence and was remanded to appear at Melbourne Magistrates Court today.

Forensic police are conducting tests on the white powder.

The drug bust follows another early yesterday in which up to $500,000 worth of ecstasy was seized by NSW police after they stopped a car for speeding.

Highway patrol officers stopped a Ford Falcon on the Goulburn Bypass, in NSW's south about 12.10am yesterday, after the car was detected travelling 131km/h in a 110km/h zone.

It is alleged a search of the car revealed three kilograms of tablets believed to be ecstasy, police said in a statement.

The 32-year-old male driver and a 30-year-old female passenger, both from Bondi in Sydney's east, were arrested at the scene, and later charged with supply of a large commercial quantity of a prohibited drug.

The pair were refused bail and will appear in Yass Local Court tomorrow.

theage.com.au, with AAP

I recall not long ago someone was busted on the Hume with a bucket of pills in the back seat of their speeding BMW.

Plus there were the guys not long ago who apparently had their stash out in the open! Then the guys last week who were done at 20ks over the limit, and now this unlucky bloke.

Surely if you're carrying a car load full of goods you'd spend a moment or two trying to hide them? And then you'd make sure you stopped at every stop sign, stayed under the speed limit, didn't drink, used the indicator when you're supposed to and generally just try and avoid getting pulled up for no reason!

Bent Mk2 said:
Surely if you're carrying a car load full of goods you'd spend a moment or two trying to hide them? And then you'd make sure you stopped at every stop sign, stayed under the speed limit, didn't drink, used the indicator when you're supposed to and generally just try and avoid getting pulled up for no reason!
You'd think so wouldn't you?

I take these precautions coming home from my dealer's place!

Tip for all you people who have a hard time sticking to the speed limit on the highway. Find a car that is driving the limit and drive behind it, you wont have to keep checking the speedo and wont accidently go too fast.

"Police found a kilogram of drugs valued at $2 million in a car during a routine traffic check in Seymour in Victoria's north-east last night."

What exactly is a routine traffic check? They don't just pull cars over and search them do they?

good point static mind, good too see someone made that point ;)

I assume its a random check, but when they look through the window and see two trashbags with a CD cover out and white powder on it they decide to search the car!

They were probably tweaking or looking fucked up and acting very paranoid around the cops which made them search the car.

Would've made a good anti-drugs add, couple of people sitting in a car tweaking out and then getting caught with a kilogram of 'white powder', lol.

static_mind said:
What exactly is a routine traffic check? They don't just pull cars over and search them do they?

Not sure but I was in my mates car once and we pulled into a parking lot to eat some lunch we just bought then a police car drove into the parking lot in which there were 2 police officers who did a drug search on us and my mates car. They searched the car very thoroughly (under the seats, in the seat covers, the spare tire compartment thing in the boot, inside the spare tire, etc). They also told us to empty everything in our pockets, I had a tissue in there I had used for blowing my nose and I had to open that. They also completely checked my wallet asking me to remove everything from it. My mate was also wrighting an SMS whilst eating and he was questioned on who he was smsing however he wasn't asked to hand over his phone for inspection. The two police who searched us were quite demanding and not very well mannered.

i almost never go in a car while i have shit on me whether its a ball of something or even a couple pingers. the number of people who get owned randomly is just stupid.

ive even seen cops wait outside clubs for people to leave so they can pull them over 100 metres away and search the ass out of there cars. anyone catchin a ride home whos got a pill left in there pocket or some weed for the after party gets done!

hell i even know of this dude who had apparently picked up 4oz of ice and was driving it home when some cruel act of god had a women drive her car up his ass and so hes had to go through the usual traffic accident crime scene shit. he was probably cracked and i guess his nerves got the better of him cause after a while the cops decided they wanted to search his car and bam.. some very expensive legal fees if hes to get out of that one!

public transport for the win! fuk running 2million bux worth of shit in a car... and speeding!? wtfff seems to dumb to be true to me. probably a tip off lol.

Splatt said:
They were probably tweaking or looking fucked up and acting very paranoid around the cops which made them search the car.

^exactly, by law the police aren't allowed to search the car unless they have reasonable suspicion, so they would have been looking pretty off chops.

Bundi said:
public transport for the win!

Depends what state you are in I suppose. In NSW police are often at train stations and sometimes even patrolling trains with labradors sniffing everybody that goes through. It's downright disgraceful.

Iv heard it happening up here though where cops ask to see though your car and if you say no they claim to smell pot even if they don't. They can pretty much search anyones car at any time. Just dont hide it in your wallet and other obvious places or in your shoes and socks...they look there :)

Dumb and dumber... also check out the judge's sentencing remarks; would make ACA proud.

Dealer's actions 'breathtaking arrogance'
October 06, 2006 03:20pm
Article from: AAP

A TASMANIAN man jailed for drug trafficking demonstrated "breathtaking arrogance" by continuing to sell drugs while he was on bail, a court has been told.

Daniel Scott Wisniewski, 27, and his brother Andrew, 23, both of Kingston south of Hobart, were sentenced in the Hobart Supreme Court today after pleading guilty to drug trafficking charges.

In sentencing the pair, Chief Justice Peter Underwood said Daniel Wisniewski brought thousands of ecstasy tablets into the state between November last year and February this year, selling some $150,000 worth of drugs to customers including his brother.

Andrew Wisniewski in turn sold about $60,000 worth of the drug to his own customers.

But while Andrew ceased his criminal conduct and had taken steps to rehabilitate himself since being charged, Daniel arranged for ecstasy to be posted to him while on bail, Justice Underwood said.

The judge said Daniel's attitude towards the law was demonstrated by a "cocky" email sent to an acquaintance in April 2005, which said he was "kick'n arse, mooven (sic) on with my not so legit career".

"Further, you demonstrated breathtaking arrogance and contempt for the law by continuing your criminal career after being charged with the same crime in November," Justice Underwood said.

The judge said both brothers were guilty of committing a serious crime.

"The widespread use of illicit drugs in our community is a grave social evil," Justice Underwood said.

"Those who traffic in drugs like MDMA (ecstasy) engage in a pernicious trade that ultimately spreads sickness and misery among those to whom you sell these drugs."

Daniel was sentenced to four years in jail, backdated to February 1, with a non-parole period of three years.

Andrew was jailed for 15 months, with a non-parole period of 10 months.

News.com.au

"Those who traffic in drugs like MDMA (ecstasy) engage in a pernicious trade that ultimately spreads sickness and misery among those to whom you sell these drugs."

:X !