• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Dec 13th 03 - The Economist - E Commerce (2c-i related)

very true bigtrancer, but it also proves a non-existant equilibrium. its basically the opposite to consumer knowledge. one side which apollo and i have mentioned is that people don't know enough about it to make an informed decision due to a) a lack of knowledge regarding the drug itself, and therefore its total/marginal utility. and b) they don't know availability, if their dealer really is the cheapest price.
b) applies more to economic theory. illegal substances are very much bought on a 'who knows/has em' type basis. you often here people saying 'pills are shit at the moment', to which someone replies 'they're ok IT DEPENDS WHO YOU KNOW'. microeconomic theory relies on a consumer being able to get the cheapest price relatively easily. as soon as a product is classed illicit, the ease of getting the product is rapidly decreased. its not like dealers can advertise prices in a website. therefore, consumers can't choose the right price and hence demand/supply schematics start to falter.

your point about people trying it to experiment distorts what a normal equilibrium would be. people are buying at a non=equilibrium price with imperfect knowledge.
(you'll also note that most microeconomic theory is based off the assumption of perfect competition. ie, multiple sellers/buyers etc.. but in that case the sellers are price *takers* not setters - which is completly different from reality aye? :) )

anyways, a good discussion of the article. my view is that its pretty crap! interesting, but well below the level i come to expect from the economist!

That's the shit Jubas! :)

I stand by my original conviction... The going price for 2C-I is not true equilibrium, because demand is warped by lack of consumer knowledge! (Not that it matters, LOL)

:)

The drug like a company will be floated and will be underwritten by the supplier or some other shmuck if he cant sell the drug at a certain price. If he can sell the drug then the price was too low to begin with.

Assuming Perfect capital markets... it will only take a matter of time until a price is reached.

Equilibrium in the financial markets is the price of a good based on all available information... in this case not much, and therefore will lead to volitile price movements at the beginning but very soon will move to the market price.

Check mate Fuckers!

Last edited:
actually not check mate.
i refer to the point of hystersis again. whereby a movement towards an equilibrium (including the one you suggest backo) actually changes the final equilibrium as it moves. also, its hardly a perfect capital market is it?
annnnd, we aren't exactly dealing with financial markets! :p
annnnd everything moves away from instability over time.. if you look at price changes in a year, vs prices changes in a century, of course a price trend/average is going to occur!

/Jubas denies checkmate!
we're playing checkers fool!