• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Daily Telegraph - Primary school pupils take ecstasy and collapse in class

reshizzle

Greenlighter
Not sure if it has been posted here yet or not, thought it was kind of funny that the reporter couldn't even get PMA right... 8)

THREE children aged 10 and 11 collapsed yesterday after taking the drug ecstasy - at a primary school.

The principal of Windang Public School, south of Wollongong, notified police after three Year Five students took the potentially deadly pills during the lunch break.

A girl, 11, and two boys, both 10, were rushed to hospital by ambulance after taking the drug in the school playground about midday.

The children's heart rates were accelerated by the drug and their vision became blurred and one of them collapsed in the classroom.

The shocking incident comes only days after police warned of a highly toxic and lethal amphetamine being sold on the streets after a batch was seized on the Central Coast last week.

The girl offered the two boys the ecstasy pills during the school lunch break and told her friends that they were lollies.

The children chewed the tablets and then returned to class, where they became badly affected by the drugs.

The young girl complained of blurred vision and was so dizzy she collapsed, hitting her head on a classroom table and was rushed to the sick bay.

While she was being treated, the boys told teachers they had all taken tablets given to them by the girl.

Teachers searched the girl's school bag and discovered seven more of the deadly tablets, believed to be the drug ecstasy.

The three children were rushed to Shellharbour Hospital, where they were put under observation. They were later released.

Police are investigating where the girl obtained the drugs and will question her parents today about the incident.

The children involved will also be questioned, Senior Constable Phillip Brown from Lake Illawarra Area Command said.

Was your child involved, or has this happened at your child's school before? Tell us in confidence by filling in the story feedback form below.

It is unlikely the girl will face any criminal charges over the incident as she believed the tablets were lollies.

"She's got to know that they're amphetamines (to be punished). I dare say she doesn't know that it is," Senior Constable Brown said.

"It's not good when an (11-year-old) has got access to that and sharing them around the schools."

The latest batch of deadly ecstasy

features a Chanel or Pacman logo and contain a potentially lethal cocktail of PDA or para-methoxyamphetamine.

It was PDA - sold as ecstasy - which killed 20-year-old Sydney dance teacher Annabel Catt at dance party in February.

Senior Constable Brown said the school girl and one of the boys had been badly affected because they had chewed the tablets slowly, speeding up their heart rates for longer periods of time.

Daily Telegraph

[EDIT: Added link. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
they found deadly hand held computers in her backpack!! SHIT no wonder the kids were sick! lol

wonder if they were the really dodgey cheap speedy ones.

PDA? Para-methoxy-alpha-methyl-phenethylamine. Does anyone see one D in there? I see one in this word.. RetarDs.

Charges 'almost certain' over ecstasy
October 16, 2007 01:47pm

CRIMINAL charges are almost certain to follow an incident in which three school children ate what was suspected to be the illegal party drug ecstasy, NSW police say.

The children - a girl aged 11 and two ten-year-old boys - each took one tablet yesterday at a primary school at Windang on the NSW south coast.

The children were treated at Shellharbour Hospital and released when they became unwell after eating the tablets.

Chief Inspector Bob Noble said police would test other pills found at the school and believed to be from the same batch as those taken by the year five students.

"It's quite clear a criminal offence of some description has occurred by some person," Insp Noble said.

"Our inquiries support the assertion that they (the pills) may be ecstasy. However, they haven't been comprehensively tested at this stage.

"Detectives did seize a number of other tablets that weren't taken and inquiries at this stage indicate that they are the same type of tablet as those injested by the students.

"I can't comment on whether they knew what they were or what they might have been but they probably didn't quite fully comprehend the gravity of the situation they found themselves in."

The children are believed to have experienced dizziness, but police have not given further details on the side effects.

"This is a criminal investigation for the most part focusing on the origin of the tables and how they came to be in the possession of the students," Insp Noble said.

"Our investigators today, or at such a time as they (the students) are well enough to do so, intend to speak with the children with the view to furthering their investigation."

The students are believed to have made a full recovery but are absent from school today.

Herald Sun

Parent wants drug search of school kids
October 16, 2007 - 6:34AM

A parent is calling for drug searches at school gates after three primary students swallowed suspected ecstasy tablets at a school south of Wollongong in NSW.

Two 10-year-old boys and an 11-year-old girl were taken to Shellharbour Hospital after swallowing the pills at Windang Public School on Monday afternoon.

The three were released on Monday night and are now recovering at home with their parents.

Police said early indications were that the girl handed out the tablets to the boys in the belief that they were strawberry lollies.

The mother of an eight-year-old girl at the school, who identified herself only as Veronica, told Macquarie Radio that drugs were not a major problem in the Windang area.

But she said Monday's incident highlighted the ever-present danger drugs posed to school students.

She called on police to work with schools to conduct drugs searches of students.

"What's got to happen is for the cops to be on the ball and start checking out these drug dealers who are supplying these kids," Veronica said.

"I think that ... all of the principals should be doing something about it at all schools, including high schools, to check their school bags, check their pockets to get a run on who's getting what from where and stop it."

Police recovered several tablets from the girl's bag and are testing them to confirm whether they are ecstasy.

Police later said that criminal charges were highly likely.

Chief Inspector Bob Noble said police would test other pills found at the school and believed to be from the same batch as those taken by the year five students.

"It's quite clear a criminal offence of some description has occurred by some person," Insp Noble said.

"Our inquiries support the assertion that they (the pills) may be ecstasy, however, they haven't been comprehensively tested at this stage.

"Detectives did seize a number of other tablets that weren't taken and inquiries at this stage indicate that they are the same type of tablet as those ingested by the students.

"I can't comment on whether they knew what they were or what they might have been but they probably didn't quite fully comprehend the gravity of the situation they found themselves in."

The students are believed to have experienced dizziness, but police have not given further details on the side-effects.

"This is a criminal investigation for the most part focusing on the origin of the tablets and how they came to be in the possession of the students," Insp Noble said.

"Our investigators today, or at such a time as they (the students) are well enough to do so, intend to speak with the children with the view to furthering their investigation."

The students are believed to have made a full recovery but are absent from school.

NSW Premier Morris Iemma says the situation is "deeply disturbing".

"It was a deeply disturbing incident, children that young with a drug like ecstasy.

"Yes, it's a big concern," he said.

"And the school will be fully cooperating with the police."

Education Minister John Della Bosca said the police investigation would include talking to the children's parents.

"It may lead, for all we know, to police action and prosecution," Mr Della Bosca said.

"This is a very unusual set of events, particularly for children this young."

The Age

The kids would have known the werent lollies as soon as they tasted them. Pills taste like crap.If they thought they were lollies they would have spat them out!
Most likely she found then in her parents room or took them off an older brother or sister I would say. Will be interesting when further info comes available.

bassfreak said:
The kids would have known the werent lollies as soon as they tasted them. Pills taste like crap.If they thought they were lollies they would have spat them out!
Most likely she found then in her parents room or took them off an older brother or sister I would say. Will be interesting when further info comes available.

Kidsa like those stupid sour and warhead lollies though, maybe they thought it was a hardcore one of those.

my cousin use to sniff glue when she was 11. so i also doubt they thought they were 'lollies'. most children aren't as stupid as they'd have you believe.

Senior Constable Brown said the school girl and one of the boys had been badly affected because they had chewed the tablets slowly, speeding up their heart rates for longer periods of time.

Really????

He actually said that??????

Thank heavens it appears that it was in fact mdma..........I suspect they would have been very dead had it been pma.

I also agree that there is something sus re the lollies part............lollies are sweet.............no way I can imagine a child continuing to eat them if they expected them to be sweet.

The fact the girl got sick suggests she hasnt had them before though.

Guess we wont see test resulkts as usual of what it is. Sounds better saying ecstasy.

Schoolgirl, 11, to avoid charges over ecstasy
By David King
October 17, 2007 12:00pm
Article from: The Australian

NSW police are unlikely to bring charges against an 11-year-old primary school girl who gave two of her young classmates ecstasy.

But they have said criminal charges would almost certainly be brought against the person who possessed the drug before the girl took it to school and gave it to two 10-year-old boys.

The girl and two boys, all in Year Five at Windang Public School, south of Wollongong, collapsed and were admitted to hospital on Monday after taking the tablets during their lunch break.

The pills were thought to be pink and heart-shaped and initial information has suggested the children took them believing they were lollies.

But Veronica Palmer, a family friend of one of the boys, said one of the children had been lucky to escape unharmed.

"It was touch and go there for a while ... he had to get his stomach pumped," she said.

Chief Inspector Bob Noble said detectives planned to interview the children once they were well enough, to find out where the pills came from.

However, he told The Australian charges would not be brought against the children.

"It's quite clear a criminal offence of some description has occurred by some person," he said.

"This is a criminal investigation for the most part focusing on the origin of the tablets and how they came to be in the possession of the students."

Inspector Noble said police would test other pills found at the school and believed to be from the same batch as those taken by the students.

Another parent with a daughter at the school, who wished to remain anonymous, said he did not think the incident would ever be repeated.

"One thing's for sure, the kids at this school are going to be well and truly schooled in the dangers of drugs after this," he said.

The NSW Department of Education and Training commended the way the school handled the situation after the students reported to the front office that they felt giddy and disoriented after taking the tablets.

"The staff at the school deserve to be commended; they have a very good and trusting relationship with the children," a spokesman said.

"If the children hadn't trusted the teachers enough to come forward and report what had happened, we could have been dealing with a very different situation."

News.com.au

Poor kids, probably collapsed because they were peaking their tits off. Someone should have got them to a day rave asap.

Immortal Teknique said:
Poor kids, probably collapsed because they were peaking their tits off. Someone should have got them to a day rave asap.

lol...that's funny...but only cos the little tikes are ok.

kid 1 - "these lollies taste AWFUL!"
kid 2 - "yeah i know, lets keep eating them!"

yup, that sounds like it really happened </sarcasm>

uNhoLeee said:
my cousin use to sniff glue when she was 11. so i also doubt they thought they were 'lollies'. most children aren't as stupid as they'd have you believe.

yeh, I reckon in all likelyhood they were well aware they weren't lollies.

I remember reading the age article at work when first posted. the children had a tasted like strawberries story ready to boot. And also, the fact they reported in on it so quick. I mean, if they thought they were lollies, why wouldn't they report to their teachers that the lollies they ate made them dizzy. Sif

11 or 12 ain't that young. not like or a 4 or 5 yr old. 11 or 12 is a nice age to be prooving how cool you are, smoking cig's, drinking beer, maybe having a bong/joint for some.. I say they knew they weren't lollies. Though i doubt they could have really comprehended an mdma experience either.

In the suburb I work it's quite common to see 12yr olds smoking joints and cigarettes. And yes, it's a poverty stricken suburb. Those kids aren't stupid enough to actually think they were eating 'lollies'.