• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Daily Telegraph - 04/11/09 'Judge orders essay for drug punishment'

Did she specifically ask for an essay that outlines the negative of ecstasy though? Or was it allowed to be more broad?

She said the "ills of the drug"

Near the bottom of the article...

She specified the essay was to be hand-written ("not cut and pasted from Google") and focus on the ingredients of ecstasy, how it is made, where it is made, what it can do to you physically and the toll it takes on the community.

Spot on PD and in fact if anything the judge is displaying quite excellent HR and she would be welcomed here anyday..........well in ED at least.

She is simply forcing the user to ensure they are aware of the dangers............... Its really not much different to what we do here isnt it?

One thing that hit me was...........the toll on the community..............outside of law enforcement costs such as having to pay for policing and courts and prisons............Im not surre there is a great community cost. Rare deaths and related problems.

Its not like we are talking about alcohol where there is a dramatic community cost outside of law enforcement such as death, drink driving, medical problems etc.

However i happily stand corrected if Im way off line with those thoughts and will happily bow to those with hard and fast figures.

Magistrate gives drug essayist a pass

Posted 5 hours 21 minutes ago
Updated 3 hours 26 minutes ago

A Sydney man has escaped a conviction for drug possession by writing an essay about ecstasy.

John Daiken, 24, was assigned the essay a week ago by Magistrate Lee Gilmour, after he pleaded guilty to having two ecstasy tablets in his car at Maroubra in September.

He was told to write about the drug, what is in it, what its effects are and how much it costs the community.

Daiken was warned not to cut and paste from websites.

He returned to Waverley Local Court today, where the Magistrate agreed not to give him a criminal record.

The court heard the concluding paragraph of the essay included a pledge to not get involved with drugs again.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/11/11/2739417.htm?section=australia

He just didn't want a mark on his record.

To be honest I would do the same thing really...... in my intended career if I have a mark on my name, it's big problems. So far so good..

^ Lighten up dude. In essence they mean much the same thing. Just that my versions a little wittier. :)

Well as much as any of us would like to write from the positive aspect, i doubt many of would. Still there is huge leeway in the guide to raise some points of relavence