Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS:Cannabis siezed in drugs haul

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
Cannabis siezed in drugs haul
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,8583574%5E1702,00.html
04feb04

CANNABIS worth more than $220,000 was seized during a police swoop on two plantations near Wollongong today.

Police discovered two cannabis plantations at Bulli Tops, which had more than 100 plants measuring up to two metres tall.
The plants, worth $226,000, will be destroyed tomorrow, police said.

The Operation, dubbed Tracker III, involved police from criminal investigations, general duties, forensic services and the rescue squad, as well as an agronomist from the NSW Department of Agriculture and an SES officer.

It was the third stage of a police operation targeting drugs in water catchment areas near Wollongong.

The three busts have yielded drugs with a potential street value of $1.336 million, police said.

Jebus... Maybe this is the start of the pre-election crack down on drugs... :\

I think it was started a little while ago. With a couple of other hauls as well as random drug testing at some trainstations IIRC. They also have new drug searches on the QLD / NSW border I think it was. They are going all out.

Poor coppers, they're proud to say "We did it! Look ... busted em with a hundred plants..." and everyone's saying "That's nuthing! They got $50million dollars worth the other day I read it in the Herald".

;)