Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Campaign to snuffle shuffle in Sydney picks up pace

thinkingwelfare

Bluelighter
By Wade O'Leary

A Sydney nightclub promoter has started a campaign to ban a style of dance that he says is a danger to other patrons.

"Shuffling" — a mix between the moves of one-hit wonder MC Hammer and the frenetic steps required by dancing machines in amusement arcades — has long been a staple of the Melbourne rave scene.

But Tim Sabre of Raw Entertainment says Sydney clubbers swallowing booze rather than ecstasy tablets are turning the free-flowing style into a dancefloor disaster.

"I've seen some near-misses and some not-misses involving young ladies being sideswiped … it's more the patrons who are going off about it, the clubs are happy to have anybody there," he said.

"It's ridiculous — what are they doing?"

Sabre promotes nights at some of the city's classier venues — including Soho, Mandalay and Goodbar — and says the smaller Sydney clubs can't cope with the southern style.

"It used to be in those clubs where people stood two metres apart from each other and they were all on ecstasy, so if they bumped into each other they'd give each other a hug," he said.

"In Sydney, on the other hand, they try to do it on a crowded floor while drunk.

"You need precision and when you're drunk you lack that, so when somebody goes staggering around and hits the wrong people … it's not good."

But fellow club promoter and DJ Peter Glass described the campaign as "ludicrous".

"That's their self-expression, that's what dancing's about," he said.

Glass — a fixture at top-drawer Sydney venues like De Nom, Ruby Rabbit and Will & Toby's — believes there is a simpler solution.

"If you play that sort of music you're attracting that sort of clientele, so if you're having that problem you should change your music policy," he said.

"I've never come across this sort of thing in any venue I've worked in."

But Sabre insists he will continue his fight to let his patrons dance in safety.

"We're just trying to get it banned, basically," he said.

"With the help of the media, this could be a thing of the past."

... 8) funny read

I might handball this over to AusSoc as it's not really a drug issue, rather, a social issue revolving around clubs.

Ladies or Gent - Please send back if it's not your cup of tea. :)

Bwahahaha that is hilarious. :D
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!1
Sydney just can't handle the super l33t dancing stylez that those crazy Melbourne kids started. ;)

That is absurd. I can shuffle drunk, I've never had too many problems with bumping into people. When I first started there was the occasional near miss, but geeze, why should I be banned from shuffling because some retards can't pull it off.

"It used to be in those clubs where people stood two metres apart from each other and they were all on ecstasy, so if they bumped into each other they'd give each other a hug," he said.

Yeah this happens to me all the time, just give people a hug and move on =D

Bloody Melbourne...........we get all there rubbish up here.

Can someone post a link to a utube showing what this snuffle shuffle looks like cos my mates and I were just having a good laugh about it and we dont remember actually seeing it.

This should be good for a laugh............lol

Its talking about the Melbourne shuffle. They're trying to "snuffle" the shuffle, which is an incredibly stupid way of saying they're trying to ban it. Surely you've seen the shuffle?

The shuffle is one of the many tricks I use to pick up one night stands when I go out. WTF? No more reasons to visit Australia?

Oh My God.............thats NOT the Melbourne shuffle............how dare they try to rename a move that was used in Sydney at least ten years ago.

It was called the Sydney heel and toe or sshht for short.

The *Melbourne* shuffle has been around for quite some time.

It's still called the Melbourne Shuffle. People have been doing it in Sydney for a long time.

I noticed it started getting a bit more popular in house clubs in the earlier part of this year, and I think it's great, it's a great dance, whether to trance or house (though it takes on a bit of a different form depending on which of the two. House is a bit slower so allows for a smoother, "rockier" style.)

I just decided I dont like it

Im glad they banned it

Maz is right, fuck your silly dance shit back down to Frankston or whatever hole in the earth you come from.

We have better dances up here like the punch in the face and the kick in the bum

Maz and I will come down to Melbourne for your annual suck-fest and show you all how they are done =D

I wish I could post footage of my boyfriend (will_rave) shuffling. He is very good.
I am not meaning to brag with that either, but yeah he is a lot more interesting to watch than the footage posted. He can tell stories with his dancing. I am searching for some better shuffling flicks.

Last edited:
Frankston, woah-oh-oh
Frankston, woah-oh-oh
Your mum's on methadone
Your drugs are all home-grown
Frankston, woah-oh-oh

Back on topic. LMFAO @ the idiocy behind this. Shuffle ftw

Isn't the shuffle kind of passe? With the baby powder and everything...

drugfukkdrockstar said:
I wish I could post footage of my boyfriend (will_rave) shuffling. He is very good.

dont do that. You need to desist from associating yourself this abysmal scene ;)