• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Cairns Post - 14/2/09 'No regrets for pushing drugs'

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Margo Zlotkowski

Saturday, February 14, 2009

© The Cairns Post

Cairns-WebUsual-CP14FEB09P011-C0028780-DRUGTRAFFI.JPG

No worries: Convicted drug runner Justin Heal leaves court yesterday.

A DRUG trafficker bragged he had no regrets about his past after being allowed to walk free from a Cairns court yesterday.

Justin Warren Heal, 20, also said he was "f... rapt" at Supreme Court Justice Stanley Jones’ decision to sentence him to four years' jail with immediate parole after pleading guilty to seven counts of drug trafficking, possession and unlawful supply.

"It means I'm free," Heal said outside the court, as he embraced family members and friends who had supported him at yesterday's hearing.

"I get to walk away from here free.

"I have no regrets about anything in my life because it's put me on the path I'm on now."

Just minutes earlier, Justice Jones had firmly told the young man he was not being "let off".

"You are not walking free, you'll have that hanging over your head for four years," he said.

Justice Jones also recorded a conviction.

Heal was one of a number of young drug runners arrested during operation Foxtrot Size, a covert police investigation in late 2008 that targeted suppliers of party drugs.

He was nabbed after selling 99 ecstasy pills, 30 LSD tablets and 7g of speed in three separate deals to the total value of $4700 to an undercover officer between October 5 and 15.

At the time, Heal told the officer he could get better quality dope "straight from the cook" if required.

A further 0.15g of speed, digital scales, a bong and a handwritten "tick list" of drug customers were found during a search of his Mt Sheridan flat on December 11.

During the hearing, Heal's barrister Greg Lynham said his client had "gone off the rails" after his father's death in 2003, causing the formerly gifted scholar who wanted to be an engineer to drop out of school at the end of year 11 and move out of home to live with older friends, where he started using and supplying drugs.

Since giving up drugs 15 months ago, Heal was emerging from "a very dark period" and had done a traineeship with a roofer with an aim to get his own licence.

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2009/02/14/28655_local-news.html

Last edited:
At the time, Heal told the officer he could get better quality dope "straight from the cook" if required.

haha Just like most dodgey dealers...

Yeah i hate when they say that, they got no fuckin clue what there on about. If someone can get it from a cook then they 1. wouldnt say it 2. Wouldnt deal small amounts of drugs.

yeah, EVERYONE CAN GET IT STRAIGHT OFF THE COOK!

blah blah blah.

lucky for him, to not get locked up :)

hope some of my friends in similar situations can be as lucky as him too :)

haha surely cook is the wrong term for someone who is supplying weed, perhaps: grower, florist, hordiculturalist would be more correct terminology.
unless of course he was supplying cookies in which case the term cook would be accectable.

This guy is so stupid. Talk about burning your bridges. Next time he's hauled in front of a judge they will bring him being a smart ass up.

Yo south side wigger...

What a toss like you would gloat about something like that, he'll never be able to touch a drug again or associate with those people otherwise cops are going to come down on him hard and following him like a bad smell.

I wonder if the cops asked for 100 pills when they purchased them and he ripped them off by only giving them 99...?

I hope if any of my mates are in the same situation it ends like this for them as I think he was lucky as hell; either that or he had a bloody good lawyer!

Lol at that photo what a fkn dipstick, I also loled at the 99 pills either he sold them 99 or one of the police officers decided he would like to take a lucky dip.

His one fkn lucky man to be walking the streets

The question we all should be asking is what information did he give to police to obtain the famous get out of jail free card ??

Anyone in Queensland who knows this dumb fuck better close up shop and get the fuck out of dodge ..

he looks like a pretty boy who would not last 10 mins in lockup .. oh and as mushi pointed out south side wigger gangsta biatch wannabe .. lol