Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Aussie journalist on drug charges

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
Aussie journalist on drug charges
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,9395096%5E1702,00.html
26apr04

A MELBOURNE journalist has been charged with drug offences after allegedly being caught at Melbourne Airport with two kilograms of cocaine strapped to his body.

Royal Turanga Eira Abbott, 51, a New Zealand citizen, arrived in Melbourne on a flight from Singapore last Monday.
Customs officers selected Abbott for a baggage search and allegedly detected a high reading for cocaine on his wallet, the Australian Customs Service said in a statement.

Customs officers conducted a frisk search which allegedly revealed a body-pack containing two kilograms of cocaine, secured to his body by a Velcro back brace.

Abbott, who works for the national news agency AAP, appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court on Friday charged with one count of importing a prohibited import and one count of possessing a prohibited import.

He entered no plea and was remanded in custody by magistrate Barbara Cotterell to reappear in the same court for a committal mention on July 12.

Hmmmmm.... Why didn't i ever read this guys articles on drugs... I bet they were very informative ;)

heh
i'm sure it was an experiment to show the general population how easy it was to smuggle drugs in.. *cough*