• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: AdelaideNow - 25/10/07 'New drug scourge to hit'

^^ Just to let people know - these are not my opinions!!

I came across this in my research and thought others might find it interesting

PS Thanks lil angel15 - I hope this prevents any misinterpretations or flames against myself

Nice find decontructionist. :)

I particularly like drplatypus' response in the comments section. Scotto was pwned by the good Dr. =D

Splatt said:
the psychedelic search can be evil and fuck your life though .., speaking from experience.

yeah fully.. i think people wayyy underestimate the long term side effects of fucking with psychedelics. I've seen some whack shit, and seen my friends go insane.

I'm turned right off psychedelics, the only one i'll do these days is 2cb.

juice_soldier said:
yeah fully.. i think people wayyy underestimate the long term side effects of fucking with psychedelics. I've seen some whack shit, and seen my friends go insane.

I'm turned right off psychedelics, the only one i'll do these days is 2cb.

No doubt

But why only 2cb

Can loose your head with it just like most psychedelics

Yeah ive lost it on 2c-b... starts out a nice psychedelic then it finds it's evil side and isnt afraid to show you.

probably one of the worst panic trips ive had was on 2c-b.. very delusional, crying, rtunning away from cops that werent chasing me.... random crap. thinking i was seeing ghosts while going through a graveyard

As 'lil angel has indicated, you seem to have left out my response to the dosenation thread, deconstructionist, which was quite clearly under the original piece.

To start with an answer to your final question Scotto, You do seem a little fixated...
The article was written based around a lecture I gave in Adelaide last week about what I thought the future of drugs might hold. I was speculating on the trends we anticipate, in the next quarter of a century, as reflected by drug-related presentations to Emergency departments around Australia, trends in Europe over the last 3 years, and interviews over the last 5 years (twice annually) with drug consumers at Australia's second largest rave.
I think it is naive to assume that if a Rupert Murdoch owned newspaper doesn't provide data on a drugs story that it is somehow the fault of the researcher and their research group. If you were to conduct some research of your own, you could always get in touch with our research group and ask for data. And sorry Scottie- Datura has been used in India for Shamanistic purposes for thousands of years. The fact that you don't know that, or that it's not safe doesn't make it less true.
"Frequently biological" refers to not being synthetic- tough one. I am painfully aware of how law enforcement deals with drug use. I am a ER doctor, and see daily how the brilliant (oh and did I mention, American?) "war on drugs" affects young people. Of course people still like ecstasy...Does the emergence or suggestion of a new trend suggest the immediate cessation of a predecessor? C'mon, mate- do you you actually know much about this stuff, or you another one of these armchair amateurs...?
My gentle advice is to make sure you are in possession of all of the facts regarding media articles before you start dissing grown up research and researchers. It's all to easy to take a pot-shot online- unfortunately, if you want to take on the researchers, you'll need to take the time to read some articles. Contact me at the RAH if you're interested in learning a little bit more than you think you know...
Sincerely
DrPlatypus (aka Dr David Caldicott)

As a consequence, the author of the blog has apologised for the assumptions made, and has invited me to contribute to his blog. I think if we're digging up internet chit chat, we need to ensure both sides of the story are represented, don't you, deconstructionist? Otherwise one runs the risk of appearing to have an agenda- wouldn't you agree?

drplatypus said:
As 'lil angel has indicated, you seem to have left out my response to the dosenation thread, deconstructionist, which was quite clearly under the original piece.

To start with an answer to your final question Scotto, You do seem a little fixated...
The article was written based around a lecture I gave in Adelaide last week about what I thought the future of drugs might hold. I was speculating on the trends we anticipate, in the next quarter of a century, as reflected by drug-related presentations to Emergency departments around Australia, trends in Europe over the last 3 years, and interviews over the last 5 years (twice annually) with drug consumers at Australia's second largest rave.
I think it is naive to assume that if a Rupert Murdoch owned newspaper doesn't provide data on a drugs story that it is somehow the fault of the researcher and their research group. If you were to conduct some research of your own, you could always get in touch with our research group and ask for data. And sorry Scottie- Datura has been used in India for Shamanistic purposes for thousands of years. The fact that you don't know that, or that it's not safe doesn't make it less true.
"Frequently biological" refers to not being synthetic- tough one. I am painfully aware of how law enforcement deals with drug use. I am a ER doctor, and see daily how the brilliant (oh and did I mention, American?) "war on drugs" affects young people. Of course people still like ecstasy...Does the emergence or suggestion of a new trend suggest the immediate cessation of a predecessor? C'mon, mate- do you you actually know much about this stuff, or you another one of these armchair amateurs...?
My gentle advice is to make sure you are in possession of all of the facts regarding media articles before you start dissing grown up research and researchers. It's all to easy to take a pot-shot online- unfortunately, if you want to take on the researchers, you'll need to take the time to read some articles. Contact me at the RAH if you're interested in learning a little bit more than you think you know...
Sincerely
DrPlatypus (aka Dr David Caldicott)

As a consequence, the author of the blog has apologised for the assumptions made, and has invited me to contribute to his blog. I think if we're digging up internet chit chat, we need to ensure both sides of the story are represented, don't you, deconstructionist? Otherwise one runs the risk of appearing to have an agenda- wouldn't you agree?

I am so sorry, I actually had missed your response until after lil angel had pointed it out. I had thought to post it, but it had your real name, which in hindsight, I guess unlike me you don't mind people knowing who you are etc.

To be honest, the reason that I posted this is that I thought it was hilarious. I actually wanted to come back and add some of my own responses to the blog, but it seem like you have done a far better job that I would have been able to do anyway =D

it seems to me that old e users are turning to coke rather than 2cb type substances. lol werent they big in early 2000's, well they were in sydney anyway

Classic example- the book of Ezekiel, Verse 34 Chapter 29.

AND I WILL RAISE UP FOR THEM A PLANT OF RENOWN, AND THEY SHALL NO MORE BE CONSUMED WITH HUNGER IN THE LAND.

As for the above comment- I used to use cocaine, on an infrequent basis. After seeing the poor bastard Columbia narcotics 'soldiers' and what they have to go through- (one of the most dangerous jobs in the world). I've vowed not to use cocaine again. After seeing that and To think my selfishness to take a drug can cause that impact on those individuals and families.

SpecTBK=D