Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Adelaide Now - 26/09/09 'New drug craze worries authorities'

bustabraincell

Bluelighter
LAUREN ZWAANS, BEN HARVY
September 26, 2009 12:01am
A DANGEROUS sex stimulant containing an illegal chemical is the latest drug fad for Adelaide's party scene.

Marketed under names like "Jungle Juice" and "Hard Industrial" and sold as products such as "leather stressing agent", the drug is gaining popularity in nightclubs.

Packaged in 15ml bottles and sold in adult sex shops and online, the bottles often come with a small "do not inhale" warning on the box.

Despite this, 20-year-old Nick said the drug, which contains chemicals known as alkyl-nitrites, was easy to access and increasingly popular.

"A lot of kids are doing it," he said. "No-one really knows what it is. You inhale it and it gives you a 30 second rush.

"I did it the other weekend. It slows your speech, you just go super drunk, basically."

Amyl nitrite and several other alkyl-nitrites are used in over-the-counter products including air fresheners.

They are a restricted substance under Schedule Four of the Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Drugs and Poisons (SUSDP). The Therapeutic Goods Administration says products containing the chemical can only be imported with a doctor's prescription.

Drug and Alcohol Services South Australia director of drug monitoring and research Professor Jason White said these products had traditionally been associated with homosexual activity. "It's certainly concerning that they're using these kinds of drugs . . . Taking a drug that can change your blood pressure is not a very good idea," he said.

Professor White said it was "not uncommon" for teenagers to gravitate towards these sorts of drugs.

The Advertiser bought Hard Industrial from a Pooraka adult book shop on Thursday night.

When questioned, a book shop employee said he was unaware the product was illegal and thought it usually was targeted at homosexuals.

"It's more used by adults in the bedroom," he said.

"There's lots of different names and lots of different bottles."

An Australian Customs and Border Protection Service spokeswoman said alkyl-nitrites were not controlled by Customs regulations, but instead were monitored by the Department of Health and Ageing.

Oh here we go again. Of course there not banned. Amyl nitrate is not iso butyl nitrate. Hope they dont ban this stuff cos im going to be fukn stoked.

The media have an interesting definition of 'new' Weren't the guys in the gay scene doing poppers back when disco music was in?

The media have an interesting definition of 'new' Weren't the guys in the gay scene doing poppers back when disco music was in?

This is Adelaide we are talking about

Australian media report "People found smoking new drug"
Apparently people have been found smoking a new drug called Cannabis . . . . .

Fucking slow news week for poppers to be NEW!!! they weren't new when I left England and that was over 20 yrs ago,

pffftt!!

Fucking crap journalism!

Oh here we go again. Of course there not banned. Amyl nitrate is not iso butyl nitrate. Hope they dont ban this stuff cos im going to be fukn stoked.

I blame Sustanon for this story, all his talk about poppers lately!!!!!

=D

Damnit sustanon!

Fuck I hate adelaide sometimes. The media here is a joke, first the thing with nitrous, now this? I swear they're just trolling bluelight for article ideas. Have some professional pride, goddamn.

FUCK POPPERS! Could there be a more shit and pointless drug to take, i wouldn't even call a shitty headrush and hot flushing a high.

Yeah it's not something anyone would even bother with unless they're having gay sex or to enhance the peak of a pill high.

I think there's a certain irony in the fact that they're calling it a 'new drug craze' then directly compare it to alcohol...

This is apparently news!? People have been doing poppers for so long, "new drug craze" my ass!

I blame Sustanon for this story, all his talk about poppers lately!!!!!

=D

LOL its funny aint it? Im just shocked and find it amusing at the same time. I heard codeine will be banned from May next year so all better stock up. Not long till they ban poppers and nitrous too i rekon. Its a joke.

SOME IDIOT JOURNALIST IN IT ONLY FOR THE MONEY
Monday 28, September, 2009

THIS JUST IN

A new drug has hit the scene in Sydney. Hundreds of club-goers have indulged in a new drug labeled "ecstasy" or "the hug drug." The sudden increase in use of this new drug has sparked a serious interest with authorities.

Deputy dipshit said "it's very concerning, drugs are bad mmkay, they aren't fun, when will people blindly follow what we tell them to?, rar rar rar, *more sensationalist rubbish*"

I hate the media.

Did anyone notice the picture that went with this story - looked like a bloody wedding reception with some weird lighting effects....

definitely worth checking the picture...take a close look at the clothes...i swear my mum doesn't even wear pants with the waist band pulled up to her boobs LOL

We should start a thread about something ridiculous and say its what all the kids are doing then see if we can get some dumb shit media agency to pick it up

^ Haha that would be pretty amusing, but its against the pruposes of this site.