Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Adelaide Now - 16/10/07 'SA Police to be tested drugs'

lil angel15

Bluelight Crew
SA Police to be tested drugs
DOUG ROBERTSON, POLICE REPORTER
October 16, 2007 12:10pm

SOUTH Australia Police will soon introduce targeted drug testing of officers - with the union's approval.

The dangerous situations police face, including high-speed chases and carrying firearms, meant the public must have the utmost confidence in all police officers, Commissioner Mal Hyde told delegates at the association's annual conference in Adelaide today.

He said there was no evidence of endemic drug taking within the force but drugs and alcohol had no place in police work.

"We're looking at a targeted approach (to testing) where there's some evidence a person has taken drugs," Mr Hyde said.

"We need to do a professional job and have a high degree of public confidence."

SA Police Assocation president Peter Alexander said he would support drug testing officers.

"We believe it's appropriate for police to lead the way," he said. "

Adelaide Now

It's about bloody time. I don't mind what people do in their spare time, but then I don't go around arresting them for it. If it's good enough for us to be randomly tested, then it should sure as hell be good enough for them.

However I don't think targeted testing is enough. I know they'd never to compulsory testing, so at least make it random.

Lol, I know of a few cops who take drugs, I hope they stop after hearing about this... Can only imagine what kind of trouble they'd get into if they were busted with drugs in their system considering they're the ones who are meant to be upholding the law.

Surfers Paradise cops are all on meth. They got meth eyes and stare and meth attitude and chew too much gum and are agressive fuckers.
Then again with all the fuckhead drunks and take-any-drug-they-find idiots and meth comedown freaks and muggings and robberies that happen up there you need a little dutch courage.