• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: ABC News - 13/11/08 'UN warns on 'Special K' craze'

Which is where it's at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D=D=D

I'm not sure why someone would cook their liquid K from a vial, down to its crystalline form, to then suspend it in another solution for injection - it just doesn't make sense. :\

It’s ready for injection straight from the vial, and if it's being IV’d, then only a relatively small amount is required to reach the desired effect of the hole. =D

Im not sure either as I never used needles but that is what person who had bottles of it told me what he does with it.

Im guessing he meant he turned to crystal then put in baggies and sold it then it's shot up , more pure form of it when its crystal so thats what people would want.

It's so unlike the UN to try and regulate things like this. I don't know why they bother making such recommendations on drug laws and etc, or have conventions to deal with drugs. It's stupid.

It's always been popular, and if anything, its popularity amongst new users has probably declined since it was rescheduled some years back and its availability took a sickening dive. In the days before it was rescheduled it was around in large quantities, cheap as chips and in some circles you couldn't give it away.

Ahhhh, those were the days! Yeh, before it was rescheduled to S8 in Australia it was everywhere. About the same time Chinese chemical suppliers were forced by the DEA to stop supplying ketamine to clients unless stringent conditions were met (ie like ephedrine, you needed a legit reason to buy it, you couldn't just order it in mass quantities like you could with RCs or antibiotics or whatevr).
It is my absolute favorite drug... short acting, no real hang over, profound trips if desired, or stimulant-like properties in small doses. Such great stuff %)

^^^^^

Yes they were, and sadly, I think those days are looooooooooooooooooong gone and never to be seen again. :(

lol my first ketamine experience was when I was at a club in the uk, when I was going khole dee lite 'groove is in the heart' started spinning (was mid 90s though) everytime I hear that track it reminds me of k cos thats exactly how everything looked at the time. Hope to see k again sometime :)

and yeah when it was easy to get, it almost over ruled mdma here in nz for a while - seems so long ago now..

How solid are the arguments of brain damage caused by Ketamine?
I love ketamine with all my heart, but I'd be a lot more hesitant to use it if there are hard facts out there which positevely suggest it may give me long term brain damage. I hate the short bus more then I love Ket.

Concern has been raised about the possibilities of Olney's Lesions associated with the use of dissociative anaesthetics, however, the studies are controversial until this day. It appears there is no solid evidence to support claims that the NMDA receptor antagonist neurotoxicity (NAN) that's seen in animals, would also occur in humans to the same extent, if at all.

Check out the thread below and it may give you some more insight. :)

* ! Olney's Lesions (NMDA Toxicity) May Not Apply to Humans ! *

Vets have it to sedate cats and dogs and other animals and especially horses and this is sometimes stolen and sold on the streets but its not really for humans lol.

It's routinely used as a painkiller when morphine doesn't work by Ambulance officers in the UK. There's no 'pet grade' ketamine. Ketalar (brand) is used by vets and hospitals in Australia. What you're talking about is some sort of American drug licencing. Vets get certain brands, while hospitals get others. Probably to help source where the drug came from if it's captured in a raid.

What class is Ketamine in Australia? They are in to process of rescheduling it to a class C drug here in New Zealand, but as it is it's hard to get and expensive so I would hate to think what it will be like.

The Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Drugs and Poisons set out by the TGA classes K as S8

Schedule 8 Controlled Drug (Possession without authority illegal)

Schedule 8 ( S8 ) poisons, otherwise known as Controlled Drugs, are substances and preparations for therapeutic use -

which are dependence producing
which are likely to be abused or misused

I had mentioned the increase in popularity of Ketamine a very long time ago. It goes hand in hand with the trends in electronic music and the club scene. It is to the point that most everyone knows what ketamine is now, five years ago it was in relative obscurity. Not really a craze though, most casual drug users seem to dislike it a great deal. If it is a craze, then it is surely a good one considering just how near impossible it is to kill yourself.

I also dislike when people refer to ketamine as a horse tranquilizer which is an obvious stamp of ignorance. It isn't really a tranquilizer, and many drugs are used by vets and doctors for a range of different animals. That it is used so widely and as a default anesthetic is a testament to the safety of the drug. It would be used much more commonly on humans if legislators didn't consider getting high so terrible.

I’m sorry but I have to disagree with some of your statements Pistachio. K has been, and always will be, a very popular drug. Its use within the EDM, gay and general rec drug scenes has remained stable for many years, and as I alluded to earlier, may have even dropped in recent years with its limited availability. Furthermore, to say K was in relative obscurity 5 years ago is so far from the truth it couldn’t get any further from the truth. Prior to its rescheduling it was everywhere and it was odd to come across someone who hadn’t tried it on more than one occasion. These days you can talk to people about it and they know what it is, however, they have never been fortunate enough to have cooked their own down, railed some crystal goodness or to have IM’d a shot. Their knowledge of it is limited to someone they know who has used it or they have had some K bombs which made them spew.

The people that tend to badmouth or dislike K, other than a handful that just don’t like it, have either never had a K hole experience or have only ever had it unexpectedly in pills. I will say, however, that it’s either a love it or, hate it drug, but I honestly think the scales fall dramatically to the love it side.

I’m not having a go at you for your difference in opinion but I do tend to disagree with your thoughts surrounding K, its use and its popularity. Keeping in mind that we more than likely spin in very different circles and the people I have surrounded myself with over the years have all tended to love the stuff, whereas your circle of friends, may be quite the opposite.

:)

I have to add my experiences here in regards to social Vs. solo ketamine use...

I originally tried ketamine (without real knowledge of its effects) at a house party, amongst hundreds of people I never met. The result was an absolute nightmare - I was a horrific mess.

Thankfully, I discovered the true virtues of solo ketamine dosing and would suggest everybody else treat this substance with a great deal of respect and reap the subsequent benefits.

In a controlled environment, ketamine can produce life-changing trips that make anything you've previously tried seem inconsequential. K makes 2C-T-7, AMT etc. seem like mere 'toe-dipping' when you have repeatedly experienced ego loss, access to totally believable alternate realities, OOBE's and so much more.

IME, 250mg nasally taken in an empty house (lying on a mattress in darkness) is a trillion times better than the 'whoah...is this a k-hole' experience that bumping a gram of K over the course of night (in a club or similar) can provide.

Even if I could recall a thousandth of the experience in significant detail, it would result in 100,000 word trip reports - not something I've had with any other drug. These were more than mere alterations of consciousness - damnit, consciousness - 'what is consciousness, what is anything' is closer to the reality.

I’m sorry but I have to disagree with some of your statements Pistachio. K has been, and always will be, a very popular drug. Its use within the EDM, gay and general rec drug scenes has remained stable for many years, and as I alluded to earlier, may have even dropped in recent years with its limited availability. Furthermore, to say K was in relative obscurity 5 years ago is so far from the truth it couldn’t get any further from the truth. Prior to its rescheduling it was everywhere and it was odd to come across someone who hadn’t tried it on more than one occasion. These days you can talk to people about it and they know what it is, however, they have never been fortunate enough to have cooked their own down, railed some crystal goodness or to have IM’d a shot. Their knowledge of it is limited to someone they know who has used it or they have had some K bombs which made them spew.

The people that tend to badmouth or dislike K, other than a handful that just don’t like it, have either never had a K hole experience or have only ever had it unexpectedly in pills. I will say, however, that it’s either a love it or, hate it drug, but I honestly think the scales fall dramatically to the love it side.

I’m not having a go at you for your difference in opinion but I do tend to disagree with your thoughts surrounding K, its use and its popularity. Keeping in mind that we more than likely spin in very different circles and the people I have surrounded myself with over the years have all tended to love the stuff, whereas your circle of friends, may be quite the opposite.

:)

Well, I would have to agree that it is indeed a matter of different circles, so I will be more specific. I have involved myself extensively in the clubbing scene in Sydney, working at a couple and going to many on a regular basis. The main interest I have is in seeing the trends and changes in the scene, not so much because I like the scene itself. Back in the days when break-beats were popular, 5+ years ago and even trance before it, there was almost nobody doing Ketamine within the dance music world. Ketamine just doesn't fit the aesthete of a b-boy and certainly doesn't have much place in trance. But as electro-clash and electro-house gained a monopolistic place in the dance music scene, ketamine became chic. Quite predictably and naturally.

Also, I never said the people I surround myself with hate it. We tend to enjoy almost everything and at the very least think of every substance as a source of wonderment and fascination. It is very much a fascinating drug though.

K is crap , makes you feel numb and you cant walk properly and tend to dribble cause it affects your speech.

if you want to look like some with cerebral palsy then go ahead .. LOL

it can be fun Ive had it in pills not knowing it and can be funny but depending on its purity and shit its cut with can make you feel like shit when it wears off an hour later

Vets have it to sedate cats and dogs and other animals and especially horses and this is sometimes stolen and sold on the streets but its not really for humans lol.

HAHAHAHA!!!

"if you want to look like some with cerebral palsy then go ahead .. LOL"

hahaha fuck couldn't have put it better myself...k sucks, its like a strung-out, non euphoric NOS hit i reckon.

my mates love it, every time they do it they just lie down and walk like they're on the moon. and they dont talk. It turns music into nothing more than an intriguing 'sound'.

I think we should let the horses have all the fun haha

Strung out?

Just try having enough to have a K hole once.
You won't even be able to understand what that means let alone feel that way.
Haha.

Well not everyone takes drugs for the same reasons. K like most drugs, is at the very least a fascinating exploration of alternate states. K more than most drugs really, is subjectively to me unlike anything else I have had and a good deal more fascinating from a recreational and therapeutic perspective.