• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: abc.net.au-May 9th, 2008 - "PMA drug lab raided in Sydney"

baysieguy1 said:
I second this question, if we know what press (es) they where using we can get a warning out to all users. We may be able stop some poor bastard getting sick or worse die

It will also stop these p!*!ks from getting any proceeds from the bad pills

Can Enlighten contact the police on a matter like this, or am I being super naive?

Who ever said they were pressing pills? I think it is far more common that a lab produces the substance and then its taken to a place to press them. Much less risk that way imo

Haha suckers. Hope there will always be pma lab busts. Bloody cunts.

Duurrgghhh said:
Did any ever think he was a newbie cook and he 3wanted to make MDMA in the future, and the cheapest way to do that is keep fucking up PMA synths until you get it right because the precursors are unwatched and inexpensive

I dont see any new about a pill press. normally people who make ampohetamines do not own pill pressers unless theyre doing a fukk operation like bikies or some gang

Merged from ANON.

^^Thats what I was thinking, Ive read somewhere that you have to make PMA before you get to MDMA or PMA is a byproduct or some shit like that. Maybe he was in the process of making MDMA or just practising his chemistry.

I think and hopefully local cooks would know by now that people dont want PMA, it can be tested for easily and as soon as people find out pills are PMA EVERYONE and their dog knows to stay the fuck away from them.

And all the people saying PMA is useless, that is YOUR opinion, im sure people have varying opinions on this substance. Ive known people who like the stuff at a low dose(using the chanels and pacmans) but too much is a death wish, but thats just like most drugs, you take too much and your dead, gone. Its the fact that the stupid dealers sell it off as MDMA that gets to me. Im sure if people knew what they were dealing with things would be alot different but if you think you got MDMA and you go out drinking and on the coke or various other drugs.

Its not the drug thats bad, its stupid people. And if this guy did get caught in the middle of an MDMA synthesis or he was just practising or something I feel sorry for the guy. And if I dont make sense I apologise, I didnt read the whole original post, just some of the replies.

MDMA and MDA CANNOT be made from PMA!! End of story. Stop, don't past go.

The precursors are different. Applying the same chemical processes, one gets MDMA or MDA from isosafrole/safrole and PMMA or PMA from antheole.

Don't confuse this issue and propagate misinformation and make these individuals look better.

Those that are manufacturing PMMA or PMA are doing so deliberately. There is NOTHING accidental or intermediate about it.

mmm I read somewhere about the byproduct of an MDMA synth can be PMA as a result of useing sassafras oil as it contains trace levels or Arasone? Only small amounts however.

Flinch said:
I think it is far more common that a lab produces the substance and then its taken to a place to press them. Much less risk that way imo

How is that less risky? That would involve production and then transportation. Anyone with a brain knows that transporting drugs is risky business, especially in large quantities. You'd think the safer option would be to produce and press at the same time, so that the cook can get rid of it as quickly as possible and pick up his precious kesh.

I would say, and from my understanding, the higher up dealers usually have their own pill press' or something adapted to be a pill press.

This could be either for pressing powdered MDMA into pills. Though I don't know how much MDMA comes into Australia in the form of powder, it seems most busts of international shipments are in pill form already. Or far more likely in my opinion, to repress pills. Making the idea of labeling pills a bit pointless (among other reasons).

As the years go on, pill seizures are becoming much less common, it is simply to hard to conceal. I think a solution or powder is the preferred way these days, and it is then pressed locally.

DepthToTheCore said:
As the years go on, pill seizures are becoming much less common, it is simply to hard to conceal. I think a solution or powder is the preferred way these days, and it is then pressed locally.
Good point. It would be easier to import pure MDMA powder, cut it and turn into a heap of "medium quality" pills. Profit would be massive.

I've never done PMA so I dunno exactly what it's like. I guess it could have some recreational value at a low dose for people (I think it was used in 60s or 70s for this) so they may have been making it for a "niche market", although my better judgment is telling me that this shit would've ended up in crappy knock-off Es. So yeah, fuck them.

Hope they get raped in prison by a black dude who needs a new "bitch". Giving this drug to ignorant people is just dangerous and my better judgment is also telling me that they knew this. 8)

DepthToTheCore said:

I would agree 100% that MDMA powder would be easier to import. Also as I understand, the vast majority of MDMA is coming from outside of Australia. I also believe and know from my limited personal experience that a pill press is not hard to come by.

Considering these things, I would say that the above would be the most common way things get done... except I don't remember reading about any containers being found by customs containing MDMA powder. Maybe they aren't common or maybe they are getting through because they are easier to hide and harder to detect and thats why we don't hear as much about it.

All the above is speculation mind you.

Also I would be interested to know if they were concentrating on PMA production or if they just found some PMA in a lab. PMA has enough stigma now that most of the media and police go nuts over it for no real reason at the cost of journalistic integrity.

Not so sure about powder, but i do recall the bust of litres and litres of MDMA solution here in Melbourne a few years ago. Guys were in a rented van, broken down on the side of the road. Cops pulled over to lend a hand and they got busted.

Boo.

Pretty sure that was liters of MDP2P, the precurser to MDMA and not the drug itself.

Ketaman: My apologies. The post was not so much directed at you but to what you said. It is a common misconception and this is why I tried to make a point.

Saying that, what static_mind said is also correct, so I can eat my words to a degree. Straight sassafras oil could produce other similar compounds from alternative starting materials found in the oil, but it would only be in very small amounts. Serious MDMA manufacturers utilising this particular syntheisis would employ distilled safrole, rather than just throwing sassafras into a pot and hoping for the best.

Large quantities of MDP2P being seized here means MDMA is being produced locally on a significant scale. Rest assured it happens, on what scale and in what proportion relative to imported powder/pills, is anyone's guess.

Last edited: